Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to bring the girlfriend

Options
  • 21-11-2010 4:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I'm having a problem trying to find places to bring my girlfriend in the general Dublin area. She lives in the country and i'm from Dublin, we see each other every few weeks and like to go out and do things together. The only thing is after bringing her to the cinema and on a tour of my local area, i'm pretty much stuck for places to goor things to do. I'm not looking for anything too "touristy" but if anyone knows any good places thats a bit of fun it would really help me out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Plenty to do:

Try Pheonix Park - the Zoo is always good skit and there's plenty to take the 'edge' off a 'date'.

What about the Liffey Bout tour (runs in December) very different.

The South Port - great walk out to the lighthouse (car needed as the bus service is poor to get to the start). Howth/Dun L - all accessible on Dart.

Christ Church/Pats - mega places to kill a few hours.

Eat: Gotham or Milano for a pizza.

Good luck!

C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

What about some of the gallery's? There is a fab one on Kildare St.

Collins Barracks museum is also good and I think its free.

The point market is on every sunday (as is the ferris wheel thingy there).

Lots of good pubs with live music on a sunday (jazz, traditional, etc)

Keep an eye on on Dublin Events for good shows in the theatre, etc.

True, Galleries and Markets are always a good bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 rubberbandit

Hey thanks guys ill start looking into those places. I think i'll start with the zoo as its simple enough :D

Good call!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭who what when

I'm having a problem trying to find places to bring my girlfriend in the general Dublin area. She lives in the country and i'm from Dublin, we see each other every few weeks and like to go out and do things together. The only thing is after bringing her to the cinema and on a tour of my local area, i'm pretty much stuck for places to goor things to do. I'm not looking for anything too "touristy" but if anyone knows any good places thats a bit of fun it would really help me out.

Your bedroom? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TOOYOUNGTODIE

Went on a date last night to that wheel beside the point/02. it was grand, only a bit short, good job we were for going for a meal, it would have been over pretty quick,

gotta love first date nerves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Great exhibition up at IMMA at the moment.

The Moderns.

Lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Think about the weather as well for something like the zoo you will freeze your arse off out that place this time of year!!

And being totally honest there is not much to see for what you pay. I was there bout two months ago and was rubbish only for the fact i made it a laugh myself :P. Theres bound to be loads of in door type events on around christmas and after. Would be more of a laugh and warmer remember women are always feckin cold!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Bring her iceskating. especially if she's not good at it.

will get a chance to hold her hand without any nerves :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Take the Dart out to Howth for the day. Go for a walk on the cliffs, might be a bit cold but you can warm up after in a cosy pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

What ever you decide to do, follow it up with cocktails in the Morrison on Ormonde Quay. Yummy and sure to impress!

Advertisement