Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveling around New Zealand (North and South Islands)

Options
  • 21-11-2010 5:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hey everyone, Im currently in Melbourne but with my visa running out the 10th of December im planning on going to New Zealand and traveling both North and South Islands. I dont have any time restrictions except for the money I have saved up in my bank account. That been said, Im not stuck by any means. Ive heard that a month is enough to get around but might give myself up to 2months.

The thing I have to decide on is how im going to go about traveling...

Theres a few options and im interested in what other backpackers have heard and what other backpackers have experienced for themselves. Im a 24year old Irish male (just incase that matters :rolleyes:)

1. Go to a backpackers and scout for other people willing to do the same as myself, buy a camper, split the cost for fuel, food, drink etc etc.

2. Kiwi Experience

3. Stray Travel

4. The Magic Bus

Of these last three, which would you consider the best and what have you heard about the rest. If people have used one of these, how much money did you spend on your time traveling around?

Decisions, decisions... Interested to see what this post will return.

Cheers. :D

Advertisement