Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountain Rescue Moonlight Challenge

Options
  • 21-11-2010 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭

Anyone else do this? Lots of walkers out for it. All told around 300 people. Great weather for it, super organisation and a great cause too. Lovely seeing the torchlights lighting the way along the wicklow way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Didn't do it myself but there were a few going from the club I am in. It sounded great but I felt the total cost was steep enough, they could have raised a lot more money by reducing the cost and having many more people turn up. That said, I'm sure all posters here will agree it's a very worthwhile cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

That was more or less the story for me, too. Even in good times, I wouldn't ask people for sponsorship so I could do a walk. I preferred IMRA's approach earlier this year. A fixed entry cost with a known amount (100%, in that case) going to the Mountain Rescue guys and gals, and you could give more if you were willing and able.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Yep, agree it was steep and I wouldn't have done it only for I got a few unsolicited sponsors who almost dared me to do it. If they did it again next year I'd strongly recommend it. I ran it solo which was nice in a way but it would have been equally nice to have company. Maybe next time I'll line someone else up.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

never even heard about it. cant say i seen any advertisements.
    would have been there though. quite a lot of money but who knows when any of us may need the service. well done to all.

Advertisement