Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Politics Forum

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Ah come on will you. Do you never read the forum of which you are a moderator? You seem to be trolling now from what I can see. Oh, and maybe you'd drop the pretentiousness and say words like "regular" rather than quotidian. It isn't as clever as you think ya know:rolleyes:
    Let me ask you something....

Do you think this post of yours is acceptable under the forum charter?

If you were to be censured for it, would it be because :

a) We're trying to silence what you think we see as an "inconvenient" view
    or
    b) You're acting unacceptably

You have a complaint that moderation is biased...so I want to establish a basis on how to respond to that.

Do you see your post above as something that should be considered as acceptable?

I'm not asking about anyone else's posts here. I'm not asking for a defence on the "he started it" principle, or on the basis of "but why don't you ask him" or anything else. Judge your post on its own content and tell me if its acceptable in your eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

K-9 wrote: »

PS. I already said previously things were different before so no need to play that particular Republican trump card. Find it condescending and arrogant myself.
    I don't quite know what you are referring to here, care to elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    I don't quite know what you are referring to here, care to elaborate?

I do see a difference between 30 years ago and now, doesn't mean I agree with it, but I understand the nuances. Even bigger differences if you go back 40 years.

Look, barring people making it personal, some people are going to see you as "batting for the other side", that isn't going to change, even with a new forum. I understand you aren't, but NI threads tend be very divisive and posters with a polar opposite view to you, may see it that way.

Nothing you can do about it. It's the nature of the beast!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

And you think that accusing me of supporting dissidents is ok then? Because people fundamentally disagree with me it is open season for them to label me a supporter of a proscribed organisation?

And you think that accusing me of supporting dissidents is ok then? Because people fundamentally disagree with me it is open season for them to label me a supporter of a proscribed organisation?

Read my post again. It applies to both sides. I specifically said making it personal isn't right.

I try and be neutral in these things and not biased.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »
    Read my post again. It applies to both sides. I specifically said making it personal isn't right.

I try and be neutral in these things and not biased.
    So we are in agreement that people should not label me and others like me, dissident supporters?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So we are in agreement that people should not label me and others like me, dissident supporters?
    I think you are. There's more than a couple good users around, fortunately.

Personally, yes.

Can't speak for others who are black and white on this issue as I'm sure you disagree with fellow Republicans on other issues who see no shade of grey!

PS. The equivalent of this from Republicans is west Brit or similarly derogatory remarks. Have been called that a few times by black and white Republicans. Water of a Ducks back at this stage.

No, the equivalent would be calling them loyalist terrorists, or accusing them of supporting the attempted pipebombing of catholic schools.(that happened a few months ago)

• Advertisement

Yes.

But I think your problem isn't with their opinion, well I hope not!
    It's a discussion site after all, catering for many diverging view points.

Your problem is personal attacks on posters like yourself, because you reason a particular stance, though you don't personally agree with it.

The very same personal ad hominem attacks occur on posters with opposing views to you:

I would hope you would see that occurring too and recognise this doesn't just affect posters with your own view?

Otherwise, there really is no point in me continuing this discussion. Feedback is about general discussion on the site, for the betterment of the site, not just specific groups or special interests.

Oh I know it happens. The whole point is that the mods dont stop it.

Advertisement