Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good wedding band

• 21-11-2010 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I'm getting married next year & looking for a good wedding band in the Waterford / Kilkenny area. We dont want someone who plays waltzes or irish music all night but would like get a good lively band who plays up to date music. All suggestions appeciated - thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

We were the exact same. We're getting marring in August and have booked Fuse. They played in Rubys Lounge, Kazbar etc..They aren't a "wedding band" but they sill play whatever you want..we just want them to play their pub set..they have a good following and we've heard them play and the place was hopping

The contact I have is Gerry. His number is 0863836147:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ceoli

Thanks Snuggles. Yes, that's exactly what we want - a good modern pub band. Will look them up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Agreed about Avalon he'll of a Rep they have built up but TBH I very much doubt they'll be free people book them very early. But you might get lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

south wrote: »

but they charge an absolute fortune so if on a budget dont even bother ringing them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 millennium band

Mod Edit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

If you are looking for something a little different with lots of energy - try the Waxies!

Avalon left me down at the 11th hour for my own wedding:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

+1 to the Waxies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭JackM_79

The Bottle Brothers -

Always a good craic and get the crowd up dancin.

http://www.bottlebrothers.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Yes Boss wrote: »
    If you are looking for something a little different with lots of energy - try the Waxies!

Avalon left me down at the 11th hour for my own wedding:(

How much notice did they give you? and what was their reason?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

Avalon must have had a very good reason to pull out of a wedding gig. I'm sure it was something very serious but how much notice did they give? You said 11th hour so that means to me that it was the day before. One of them must have been on their death bed!
    I'm not in avalon or know anyone in it but it seems strange that they pulled out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

+1 to The Bottle Brothers. They create a great atmosphere and you're guaranteed an enjoyable night.

Dan133269 wrote: »
    How much notice did they give you? and what was their reason?

Only a couple of weeks - They said they were double booked!!:(

dermo909 wrote: »
    Avalon must have had a very good reason to pull out of a wedding gig. I'm sure it was something very serious but how much notice did they give? You said 11th hour so that means to me that it was the day before. One of them must have been on their death bed!
    I'm not in avalon or know anyone in it but it seems strange that they pulled out.

^As bove.^
    A couple of weeks is the 11th hour when it comes to preparing for a wedding!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Yes Boss wrote: »
    Only a couple of weeks - They said they were double booked!!:(

That is despicable. How does a group with 4/5 members get double booked? Airlines with over 100 passengers is still no excuse. They probably just decided to do a gig with more money and ditched the lesser profitable one.

Yeah a couple of weeks is a short amount of time alright when it comes to weddings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

San Franfiasco played at our wedding and were great. Contact Paul 0872357966

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

^ seemingly they have finished up. Called a different name (Its in the beers thread) they played at my wedding too and I thought they were very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭counterpointaud

Rubber Soul are excellent, but more 60s, 70s, 80s rather than modern stuff. Three piece brass section as well. You can get a number for them in John Palmers Music shop. Also Brand New Cadillac play quite a modern set, don't have a number off hand though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 foxylad2

try Lebowski - best wedding band ive seen to get a crowd going and reasonably priced - bout 750- check them out - they play in Waterofd city every week

• Advertisement

San fran fiasco have definitely finished up with Paul at the helm.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Neesie123

I'd normally recommend Avalon/Bottle Brothers cos I worked as wedding co-ordinator for a few years here, but my sis got married in August and had the Marvels from Cork and I swear it was the best wedding I was ever at... and I wasnt drinkin cos I was 9 months preggers. They really are incredible not like anything you've seen at weddings before. Everyone was ravin about them

Anyway they have a website www.themarvels.ie but if you want their number I can get it from my sis and post later

Advertisement