Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stability trainers vs. minimalist trainers

Options
  • 21-11-2010 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭

So back in the summer I made the switch to runners that provided a great deal more support than the runners I had before. The choice was brought on by a gait test but I've since found that I'm getting more injuries as a result. I'm now thinking of changing to minimalist running shoes as this has always been my preference with footwear in general. Has anyone any thoughts or experiences of the same?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I started on kayanos and got a few injuries in them. Moved to lunarglides and fastwitch over a year ago and haven't had any running related injuries since that I'd put down to footwear. Have had a recurring knee injury(recurring when I neglect strength work) that I picked up first previous to the switch and an ankle injury that the experts I paid a few hundred euro for reckon wasn't down to running and that's pretty much it other than a strained muscle here and there.

I won't be going back to full on stability shoes and unless I get a good deal I won't be going back to asics.

I've now got kinvara's, have done a few short runs in them and all is well so far.

Advertisement