Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa Claus

Options
  • 21-11-2010 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Would anyone agree that it,s a bit early for Santa Claus to come to town? In a blaze of fireworks! Is December not the month?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Normally I would totally agree with you but even I'm looking forward to the xmas season. In all the doom and gloom and despair christmas is the only glimmer of hope and joy and family time that the government cannot take away from us or tax or screw up. It's ours.

Get the lights up, get your trees up, decorate and start talking about it. It's something to give thanks for that we can all share some happiness in. Not for the glut of presents, because as we all know those times have gone. But we can all give and receive a little something in the material sense but give and recieve much more in a social sense.

Being with your family and friends, making time for whats important, a family meal together, drinks and chat with neighbours and those who live nearby. A bit of tv, a few drinks and being inside during the cold together.
    Back to basics playing games together.

The selfishness of the last decade is not only going to get stripped away but it's going to be replaced by something better, a foundation of altruism ad personal sense of improvement that doesn't rely on making a massive list of things we want or trying to satisfy anothers lust for personal greed.

This is quite possibly the first year of christmas as it should be.

So break out your old copies of love actually men and women alike and get in the xmas spirit. Becuase happiness cannot be bought and xmas belongs to the people and they cannot take it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Lantus wrote: »
    Normally I would totally agree with you but even I'm looking forward to the xmas season. In all the doom and gloom and despair christmas is the only glimmer of hope and joy and family time that the government cannot take away from us or tax or screw up. It's ours.

Get the lights up, get your trees up, decorate and start talking about it. It's something to give thanks for that we can all share some happiness in. Not for the glut of presents, because as we all know those times have gone. But we can all give and receive a little something in the material sense but give and recieve much more in a social sense.

Being with your family and friends, making time for whats important, a family meal together, drinks and chat with neighbours and those who live nearby. A bit of tv, a few drinks and being inside during the cold together.

The selfishness of the last decade is not only going to get stripped away but it's going to be replaced by something better, a foundation of altruism ad personal sense of improvement that doesn't rely on making a massive list of things we want or trying to satisfy anothers lust for personal greed.

So break out your old copies of love actually men and women alike and get in the xmas spirit. Becuase happiness cannot be bought and xmas belongs to the people and they cannot take it away.

Yeah, that, and we get XBoxs!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Lantus wrote: »

Thats great and all but it has nothing to do with the fact that its still too early to be getting ready for xmas, if you start all that now by the time xmas actually comes around you'll be sick of it.

Starting it this early only degrades the very values your talking about
    peejay1986 wrote: »
    Yeah, that, and we get XBoxs!!! :D

A full two weeks off to play Black Ops! Yay! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Smokecloak

I agree with you Lantus, the real Xmass spirit has been lost for a long time. Don,t people always go around saying that it does,nt feel like Christmas. Thats because its not. The spirits gone. All materialistic now. So I,m all for the Real Christmas too, but as Draffodx says, its still to early to start it. By the time the 25th of December comes, we,r tired of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Way too early for Christmas stuff, end up sick of it by the time the 25th comes around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Way too early for Christmas stuff, end up sick of it by the time the 25th comes around.

Yeah ffs I already ate the tin of quality street that was going cheap in tesco a few weeks back now my body tells me xmas has come and gone and it's time to get rid of that flab :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

calex71 wrote: »
    Yeah ffs I already ate the tin of quality street that was going cheap in tesco a few weeks back now my body tells me xmas has come and gone and it's time to get rid of that flab :(

Better start looking for the best gym deal! :D

Advertisement