Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

No airbag light Skoda Fabia VRS= NCT Failure

Options
  • 21-11-2010 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hey guys
    Took my Skoda Fabia VRS to get NCT'd on sunday and all seemed fine until guy comes out and says fail. Says the airbag light not coming on when i turn on ignition. Low and behold he's right.
    Could this be a bulb or something more serious?
    If it is a bulb are they replaceable or are the led?
    If more serious, any suggestions?
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Did the light come on when you bought the car? And did you buy it new?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,898 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Bulb could be dead / or have been removed.

Do you know the history of the car? Could have been removed to pass in the past.

Id start with removing the dash to check. All the speculation will rattle your brain.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

listermint wrote: »
    Id start with removing the dash to check. All the speculation will rattle your brain.. ;)

I'd start by getting a diagnostic scan done to see what the cause is.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Jalalabad

Bought car 6 months ago with full history from a guy who really looked after it.
    Think bulb was lighting then but can't be sure:o. Think i'll have to take out the cluster and check when i get a chance. Thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Jalalabad

Forgot to ask, anyone know if they're led bulbs soldered in or are they removeable?

• Advertisement
Advertisement