Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 SIM in Vodafone Blackberry

Options
  • 21-11-2010 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I sit possible to buy a prepay Blackberry on Vodafone, then go and unlock it and use a prepay O2 SIM in it? And I want to top up only €20 a month, so I am wondering if that data plan with the €20 top up works for a smartphone?

Experience Plus (Free Sims)

Keep your phone and just get a free Sim. Make one €20 top up every 30 days and get unlimited O2 to O2 calls and texts. O2 Experience Plus also includes free O2 Social Link. This app gives you access to facebook, twitter, MySpace and more. Wherever. Whenever.
    With that I can use data for 99cents per day. Does it work for any phone, including smartphones?

O2 doesn't sell Blackberries for prepay customers, but sells iPhones. I don't undestand that. I want a Blackberry. And top up only €20 a month as I don't really make too many calls and don't need to use the internet every day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

It will work but with limited functionality - calls and texts will be fine but the browser won't work, nor will any apps or Blackberry features such as BB Messanger or email. You can get internet to work via opera browser but that is all. TBH it really defeats the purpose of having a Blackberry

You would be much better off either switching to Vodafone prepay, or going for a Nokia e5 or something like that on o2. Blackberrys are not that good without a proper Blackberry plan, a lot of young people just seem to like the image they give

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Maret

I was actually thinking about the Nokias in O2, especially because I dont really need a smartphone nor internet so much. I prefer my laptop.. I just stumbled upon the prepay Blackberry on Vodafone and started thinking of the possibilities ...
    Anyway, Thanks, I'm going to stick to the Nokia.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

It works out far better on prepay, the only advantage of blackberry is the qwerty keypad but I have used both and find the Nokia keypad even better

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

the e5 is a nice phone but it's a rip off price from o2 and they have no data add on which makes is a rip off to use it properly.

the e5 is the right phone but o2 is the wrong network for it.

Advertisement