Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Ballykisteen (south tipp)

Options
  • 21-11-2010 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

I am moving in to this area very soon and I need to find a decent broadband provider. Does anyone living in the area know of good ones, I personally prefer smaller companies as opposed to larger ones such as three, Eircom vodafone and the like but all recommendations are appreciated. Also it's needs to be high speed, reliable and have the option of unlimited plans. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Where is Ballykisteen?, is it even a village or just a townland. I have a feeling you may be out of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

Dymo wrote: »
    Where is Ballykisteen?, is it even a village or just a townland. I have a feeling you may be out of luck.

Its at limerick junction/ tipperary racecourse. That hotel on the left (going to limerick) is Ballykisteen hotel & golfcourse.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

im from monard origionally same parish as ballykisteen the parents have Eircom broadband, i think you should be able to get most companies your close to tipp town

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

DaveJac wrote: »
    im from monard origionally same parish as ballykisteen the parents have Eircom broadband, i think you should be able to get most companies your close to tipp town

You would think so but no, because I am not on the main road the only service I was able to get was three.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

whats the reception like with 3? i was living our near emly up to last week have vodafone net was just about usable but moved just outside tipp town out the cashel road a bit have full reception its great dont know what to do with my self haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

DaveJac wrote: »
    whats the reception like with 3? i was living our near emly up to last week have vodafone net was just about usable but moved just outside tipp town out the cashel road a bit have full reception its great dont know what to do with my self haha

It's okay, not great but usable, as with all these things there a little tricks to get them working that bit better but I still really miss my old internet, it was just unbeatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Strange, Eircom just came to the general area a few months ago.

A certain mobile phone shop would recommend 3, but from personal experience avoid Vodafone in that general area at all costs, you'd be better off with dial-up, unless their lines have improved immensely.

Advertisement