Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fulham v Manchester City, 4pm

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Salcido has been responsible for two goals so far questions over his fitness though maybe the reason why but Tevez and Toure were very good in there finishing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Obviously thoroughly enjoying this game and must echo what another poster said about Bellamy and Hughes............refreshing to see:)

Hopefully City crack on and Tevez scores more to rescue my FF week which Drogs as Captain wrecked again............:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

clearly not good enough :rolleyes::rolleyes:

not leaving the opposition touch the ball, out with mancini...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

I think most City fans have higher aspirations than being able to beat Fulham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    I think most City fans have higher aspirations than being able to beat Fulham.

i think theyll easily get top 6 :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You are saying this based on one game? You have to look at all the results the club have had.

And even with this win it only leaves them in the exact same position that they were in after 14 games last year. Last year at this stage they had scored 26 and conceded 18, this year they have score 18 and conceded 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

eagle eye wrote: »
    You are saying this based on one game? You have to look at all the results the club have had.

And even with this win it only leaves them in the exact same position that they were in after 14 games last year. Last year at this stage they had scored 26 and conceded 18, this year they have score 18 and conceded 10.

Everything is by no means rosy but the fact of the matter is that a win here puts City three points from top spot in a season where they aren't the only ones dropping silly points.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Everything is by no means rosy but the fact of the matter is that a win here puts City three points from top spot in a season where they aren't the only ones dropping silly points.

Yeah but the other clubs haven't spent anything close to £120 million to improve their squad in the summer either. Chelsea spent £11 million, United something similar, Liverpool made a profit in the transfer market, so did Aston Villa, Everton spent £1.3 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Chelsea who i think you'll find are top of the league spent that much originaly to get up there... Once you acquire a team good enough to win the league, why would u keep buying players! Retarded comment tbh

• Advertisement

Take a lot more than silly comments to knock the smile off my face today tbh.....................

4-0 City so say what u please:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Tevez doing a Nani on it? :pac:

Yeah but the other clubs haven't spent anything close to £120 million to improve their squad in the summer either. Chelsea spent £11 million, United something similar, Liverpool made a profit in the transfer market, so did Aston Villa, Everton spent £1.3 million.

But so what? For so long we've been hearing how it's results that matter and you can spend all the money you want but still be shit. Well results have City a win off the top so now that they can't be argued against the old money dig comes in again because it works in the prosecution's favour.

Anyway, 4-0. Lovely.

Blah blah blah. City spent money. Blah blah blah.

Pathetic argument.

quarryman wrote: »
    Stupid comment.

The table doesn't actually care how much you spent ye know.

You can keep your 1 million profit and your Europa league spot.

What are you shittin on about? We all know the table doesn't care which is why being one win off top is the only thing that matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Stupid comment.

The table doesn't actually care how much you spent ye know.

You can keep your 1 million profit and your Europa league spot.

• Advertisement

same city fans were so disillusioned with their team after brum last week , wanting mancini out etc , look at em now. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

What are you shittin on about? We all know the table doesn't care which is why being one win off top is the only thing that matters.

Quoted the wrong post. Edited.

BERBA wrote: »
    same city fans were so disillusioned with their team after brum last week , wanting mancini out etc , look at em now. :rolleyes:

Right....

I'm not a City fan. However when Sam Allardyce was in charge of us, I wanted him out badly.

We won a game and I was delighted. Why? Because a win is a win. I still wanted him out and I'm sure the City fans who want Mancini out, still want him out.

But nobody I would hope wants their team to lose on a regular basis FFS, just to hope for a change.

quarryman wrote: »
    Quoted the wrong post. Edited.

I thought it was strange cause you were agreeing with me!

But so what? For so long we've been hearing how it's results that matter and you can spend all the money you want but still be shit. Well results have City a win off the top so now that they can't be argued against the old money dig comes in again because it works in the prosecution's favour.

Anyway, 4-0. Lovely.

I'm just pointing out that they have the same points as last year despite spending £120 million more. My original point was that one game doesn't make a team, its about what happens over a number of games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Serious question, why can't you ever stfu and enjoy the football without trying to get a rise from everyone?

I'm just pointing out that they have the same points as last year despite spending £120 million more. My original point was that one game doesn't make a team, its about what happens over a number of games.

Yeah but they're in a better position aren't they due to teams around them dropping points?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The come-back is on :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

4-1. Gera shot deflects off Toure from a corner. Lifeline?

Boo-urns

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Serious question, why can't you ever stfu and enjoy the football without trying to get a rise from everyone?

not tryin to get a rise , just think its comical that on the man city super thread last week they were bayin for blood and this week mancini cant do no wrong

That_Guy wrote: »
    Yeah but they're in a better position aren't they due to teams around them dropping points?

Sure they are but thats not a reflection on the performance of Manchester City but on the performance of other teams.

Sure they are but thats not a reflection on the performance of Manchester City but on the performance of other teams.

I'm sorry but what is it exactly your point here?

Oh no. City spent loads of money and they're doing so rubbish that they're only 3 points off the top after today's result.

Yes, they've spent a lot of money but the season is still young and anything can happen.

Johnson on for Tevez:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Jo....
    cant believe he is playing for city,

he is useless

whenever he tumbles down (which is pretty much all the time), he looks like he will break his ankle in 20 places also

• Advertisement

Fcuk sake. Johnson you better do something. You're in my team this week.

not tryin to get a rise , just think its comical that on the man city super thread last week they were bayin for blood and this week mancini cant do no wrong

This circular argument has been done to death in the Liverpool thread regarding Hodgson, no place for it here tbh. Some fans want him gone, some don't...Simple as that really and this is not the thread to discuss it in either way;)

Vieira on for Barry...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Vieira on for Barry, Milner could have ripped Fulham apart with his energy through the middle.

Lol, takes three of them to get near Silva. Lovely player to watch.

Barry has been excellent today. I'd give MOTM to him or Tevez tbh.

City rounding off a bad week for London clubs only spurs managed any points.

Great spine to this city team with Hart Kompany De Jong and Tevez.

That'll do. Job nicely done. Let's see the press put a negative spin on this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Nice to see a couple of the players go up to Hughes!

Tidy performance from City. One of their better performances this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

That'll do. Job nicely done. Let's see the press put a negative spin on this one.

You conceded a goal :eek:

4-6-0 next week so! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Very satisfying performance from the lads today. Just a pity we took the foot off the gas in the second half. There was an opportunity to give our GD a boost. I'm sure United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs wouldn't have took their foot off Fulham's neck. Still, mustn't be churlish. Stoke will be much tougher next weekend, but we can go into that with confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

You've been more negative than the majority of the press in fairness! :P

Mr Alan wrote: »
    You've been more negative than the majority of the press in fairness! :P

Yes but I'm allowed be fickle ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

A great performance, credit where credit is due. Lets home the game and performance inspires mancini to play a bit more positively..........but does a leopard change his spots? we will have to wait and see.

Advertisement