Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the minimum info needed for a search?

Options
  • 21-11-2010 5:15pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello. I'm about to start a search on behalf of a family member. I have read the stickies on this but still have a question or two.

First, how little information is too little for a search? It's a sibling he's searching for, and he doesn't know the exact date of birth or the father's details.
    What we'd really like to do is put our name on a list so that if our adopted family member ever came looking, then they'd see we were looking for them. But if they don't then that's fine, we'd leave well alone.
    Is this possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

hi dory, did u take a look at the searching guides here they will be able to help. u could contact the adoption agency that handled the adoption if ur not sure contact the adoption board they will be able to tell u which adoption agency was used, they might be able to contact on ur behalf. have u put ur name down on the adoption register u can download the forms from the adoption board website.
    good luck in ur search i hope it all goes well.....kathy

Advertisement