Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9 in Dublin?

Options
  • 21-11-2010 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I've tried Game Xchange and I'm finding it really hard to find a good price on Ebay. I don't want to go over 15 euro each (but I'll go up to 20 euro for 9 since that seems like the hardest to find). Any ideas? I'm willing to buy it off any of you guys as well. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Adverts.ie is your best bet, just put up a 'wanted' ad or scour the for sale section. Last time gamexchange had those games they were way overpriced anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Do you have a PS3 or PSP? And are you wanting to own physical copies or would you mind owning digital copies? Because you can buy then off the PSN for 10 euroes each.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You could try the retro shop Rage just on fade street off Georges street (same road as Market Bar). They might have it and if they do their prices seem really fair, although don't count on them having them but might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭fudgez

Reto gamer is awesome! I have a flawlwss copy of 7 I wouldnt sell it if you paid me though :D even though I have no console to play it on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

I don't think RAGE stock CD based games yet, sticking to cartridges at the moment as far as I'm aware, so don't expect too much if you visit.

Adverts is your best hope. You're right at the bottom range of their price so luck might be needed in snagging a decent copy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The prices that the FF games go for online is really ridiculous. They are some of the best selling games ever yet people think they can get 50 euro or more for them. If you go to charity shops or car boot sales you'll be able to pick them up for a reasonable price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Lamb_of_God

Yea, there are a fer second hand shops around the city centre that would have em. on a slightly different note, anyone know where i can get a ps 1 memory card....actually i think i just answered my own question lol. NM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

I remember seeing FF8 in that retro shop in Cork. They were selling it for 40 or 45 Euro. :rolleyes:
    I have all three for the ps1 but no way am I selling them.:cool:
    You could download all three for about 30 Euro if you have a PSP or PS3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Xluna wrote: »
    I have all three for the ps1 but no way am I selling them.:cool:

And thats why these games are so expensive. Even tho they're pretty common, few people would sell them to you.
    The way it stands, Ps1 FF games are collectibles now.

I saw them on adverts a while back and I think FF7 went for 30 euro.

The PSN store has them for 9 or 10 euro if you're happy with a download. Runs perfectly as well, you'll get none of the slow loading times or worries about a scratched disk.

And thats why these games are so expensive. Even tho they're pretty common, few people would sell them to you.
    The way it stands, Ps1 FF games are collectibles now.

I saw them on adverts a while back and I think FF7 went for 30 euro.

The PSN store has them for 9 or 10 euro if you're happy with a download. Runs perfectly as well, you'll get none of the slow loading times or worries about a scratched disk.

It's not really that they are collectibles. It's more people profiteering. There's no way that the demand is outstripping the supply of 3 of the best selling games ever. People try to sell them for 40-50 euro but you'll never see man sold for that price because it's ridiculous. Go to any car boot sale and you'll pick up a copy for around 10 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's not really that they are collectibles. It's more people profiteering. There's no way that the demand is outstripping the supply of 3 of the best selling games ever. People try to sell them for 40-50 euro but you'll never see man sold for that price because it's ridiculous. Go to any car boot sale and you'll pick up a copy for around 10 euro.

Yes....but.....

They are dearly loved and cherished games that have avery emotional attachment that other games just dont have. Also if you want to get a 'good' copy yout taking about a game that is now 10+ years old. I bought a pre owned game the other day that was 6 months old and looked it had been used as a tea cosy and a skating board on wooden floors which is how a lot of kids treat things these days because they have no real idea on the value of things.

To get a good copy of the game does demand a higher price.

Amazon sell a range of FF games for reasonable prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I borrowed FF 8 from a friend around 10 years ago and never returned it :D Unfortunately I flogged off all my games to my cousin when my PS1 finally bit the dust. I could be selling them now for a fair bit of cash had I kept them instead :o

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Thing is though they are only worth alot if the game, inlays and everything, are in mint condition.

The fact that there's so many copies on ebayand fans are willing to pay so much for them shows how stupid FF fans are :P

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

The fact that there's so many copies on ebayand fans are willing to pay so much for them shows how stupid FF fans are :P

I think it is more obsession then been stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

:D

guilty as charged in some cases. I'm currently playing through FF7 which I got for 9.99 on PSN. it's basically installed on my own PS3 as well as any PS3 I choose to log into my PSN account with and download it too. Current technology, infinite, free, virtual memory cards, and perfect scratch-free, glitch free CG sequences.

when I compleated FFVIII a few months back (PSN copy), I saw the entire end sequence for the first time all the way through without glitches and pauses.
    I wouldn't dream of looking for a hard copy of these titles, complete waste of time.

I currently have Grandia, Vagrant Story and FF's VII, VIII & IX and it's only a matter of time before BoF III & IV, Suikoden I, II, Wild arms etc, etc become available.

fannying around with PSXes and old controls and memory cards, power leads just reaks of dodginess, I can see potential horror stories of someone's beautiful save files vanishing because the memory card left the factory 15 years ago, or leads breaking and heartbreak trying to replace them. i had such a hard time with my Suikoden II back in the day, and buying a replacements was a joke. (60 quid? go and **** yourself you psycho)
    If you just want to play the games, dealing with "dead" technologies is hell on earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

If you're willing to sway on your price by a bit, someone on adverts.ie is selling the 3 games together for €70 (so, something like 20-25 each I guess). Other than that, I've no idea of any place that'd sell it (not to mind a place in Dublin) unfortunately.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

guilty as charged in some cases. I'm currently playing through FF7 which I got for 9.99 on PSN. it's basically installed on my own PS3 as well as any PS3 I choose to log into my PSN account with and download it too. Current technology, infinite, free, virtual memory cards, and perfect scratch-free, glitch free CG sequences.

Only allowed to download on no more than 5 PS3s that you own. Not infinite and definitely not on any PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

you're mincing my words.

I said infinite, free memory cards

secondly, you can (as in you physically can) download the game to any PS3 you have an account on (I have all my FF's installed on two PS3's)

and who the hell is going to own more the five PS3's?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Well, if you (theoretically) banjax 5 PS3s...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Moi Dix Mois

I don't know if its been mentioned but 3D Games on Grafton Street have been quite lucky with stock of FFVII. They have gotten in something like three copies since they opened last November (?) Second hand, of course. Do they still manufacture FFVII, actually? I would imagine not, such a shame, I'm hopeing for a re-make *fingers crossed*
    Def. worth a look!
    Good luck! >.^ がんばって~☆

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Try Cex...not sure what the street it's on is called but it's around the corner from Jervis and Abbey St =)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

I don't know if its been mentioned but 3D Games on Grafton Street have been quite lucky with stock of FFVII. They have gotten in something like three copies since they opened last November (?) Second hand, of course. Do they still manufacture FFVII, actually? I would imagine not, such a shame, I'm hopeing for a re-make *fingers crossed*
    Def. worth a look!
    Good luck! >.^ がんばって~☆

They're also charging €50 for it.
    PSN and car boot sales are your best bet.

All three are great games in fairness. FFIX is one of my favourite games of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

€50?? I really hope noone was stupid enough to pay that price, it's fairly easily found for under €20 on ebay, that shop's pricing has been a disgrace since it opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

I got Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner there for €25 new. Considering I've only ever seen it for twice that online and it was the last of the PS2 SMT games I needed I was happy.

Wouldn't go near it for PS3/360/Wii games though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

when I compleated FFVIII a few months back (PSN copy), I saw the entire end sequence for the first time all the way through without glitches and pauses.
    I wouldn't dream of looking for a hard copy of these titles, complete waste of time.
    I had the exact same problem with my FFVIII as a matter of fact. It was 2nd hand, granted, but disc 4 was like an ice rink and it always froze on that bit where Squall is moping around in a desert :mad:

Advertisement