Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Form 12 returned to me, must return Form 11 instead?

Options
  • 21-11-2010 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

I set up a company in 2004 so that I could contract as an IT professional.

I did this for over two years but then became a regular PAYE employee in 2006.

I dissolved my company in 2008 as had no future plans to be a contractor.

I returned a Form 12 before October 31st this year for 2009 tax year but it was returned to me last week and I was asked to submit a Form 11 and to return it to Collector General's division in Limerick.

(I am not querying the need to make a tax return as I was required to do this for several years before setting up my company due to employment related share dealings/earnings from a previous employment in the 1990s.)

My question is, since my company is no more and I have been a PAYE employee since 2006 why I am required to fill out Form 11 rather than Form 12?

Is this an error on the tax office's part?

If not an error, do I fill out Form 11 and skip all sections referring to "trade from income etc, company account summaries" etc .. needless to say I have no company accounts since it was dissolved several years ago.

Is there some way I can deregister from having to fill out Form 11 if it no longer applicable.
    thanks in advance,
    Ronan French.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 T1977

At the front of the Form 12 it states

This Tax Return should be completed by a person whose source of income is from a PAYE employment or pension or by a non – proprietary company director who pays all his/her Income Tax under the PAYE system.

so if none of these apply to you you should be returning a From 11 or maybe its just that the Revenue don't have a record of you de registering as being self employed and you will need to notify them in writing of the date you ceased to be self employed

Advertisement