Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mater Dei music

Options
  • 21-11-2010 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Not too sure where i shoulda post this but i know its a linked college to DCU...

anyways... i was at the open day on saturday and i'm still not sure about this college. i wanna do music here. and the religion is really off putting as i'm not into religion. is the whole college into religion, like lecturers and that? Whats the atmosphere like in the college? no disrespect to the college but it felt cold compared to other colleges....
    Is the music programme any good? and what is it like for teaching practice?
    if anyone has done this course some feedback would be REALLY appreciated.

thanks, Emma.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Einstein?

the last president of DCU absolutely dissed religion when he left - so I presume the general atmosphere about religion is quite agnostic.

Mater Dei is a theological school though, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

I definitely wouldn't describe the attitude to religion as agnostic. You don't have to have faith to study theology, but several lecturers are priests and many would be religious. The course does contain more religion than the music/education aspects so if you really have no interest in it whatsoever, you'd be pretty unhappy with most of the modules. Reading the bible, studying the history of the catholic church, organising mass...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you're looking for a specific music teaching course, Mater Dei isn't the one for you. It is very much religion with an add on of the electives.

Advertisement