Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fed up with the nokia 5800 here is its replacement

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

yes they should rectify it to stop the confusion it will cause

yeah i would agree like the is the x series going down the same road and there is a C5 03 coming out next month,nokia even admit this is a strange system they where supposed to use names but its not that way yet .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

What would I be missing out on getting this instead of the N8? No HDMI out? Anything else?
    It looks like a great phone, but is it really much cheaper than the N8 and in the 5800 price range at all?

• Advertisement

No deal breakers there if the phone is cheap. Smaller screen also has the knock-on effect of smaller phone, so even that doesn't bother me overly.

Yeah, another lovely phone. TBH Nokia shoot themselves in the foot a lot with these barely different phone. I'm all for choice, but they must cost more to develop each model than they make back.
    I'm a bit old fashioned and I'd prefer to stick with a pop-out QWERTY for another while (My current is a N97 mini). Unfortunately that means splurging on the E7 if I want to stick with Nokia. Ouch!

more trouble for the buyers market ,to confuse people more have a look and there is more to come yet

http://conversations.nokia.com/2010/11/22/launch-nokia-c2-01-and-nokia-x2-01/

wtf

• Advertisement

first price indication way over priced

http://www.phonesonline.ie/Product.asp?ProductID=217

Eek, hardly a "replacement" for the 5800 at that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Eek, hardly a "replacement" for the 5800 at that price!

Thats sim free ofcourse, and phonesonline would never be the cheapest either. It can be gotten €40 cheaper sim free. The 5800 would have been the same sim free when first launched

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

I got this Nokia C6 recently and have a question about the home screen. Does anybody know if it's possible to remove (or disable) the bottom right soft button that connects to the internet? I am fed up with coming out of apps using that key and pressing it one to many times and it connecting and costing me money. I only use the phone for calls and texts and find this an annoying place to put a button when the likelihood is it will get pressed by accident, but I guess thats the ploy :rolleyes:

Also does anyone know where I'd get a rubber case to fit this as I find it heavy and slippy to use and it has been close to dropping on several occasions . . .

Thanks in advance.

Dunno about S^3, but on S60v5 you could go to Options from the home screen -> Edit content -> Options (again) -> Right selection key.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

Thanks anyway but no that didn't do it. I'll drop into a phone shop when I get a chance and see if they can do it.

Advertisement