Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player Recommendations.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

token101 wrote: »
    For mid level PL teams in 2012 game. I sold almost all Sunderland's players and bought almost a new team. With a small bit of cash you can get these lads for under 5 mil and the end up selling for 3/4 (or more) times the amount you paid:

GK. Yann Sommer-FC Basel: Quality keeper. Give him two years and he's top 10 in the world. Got him for 2million.

RB. Sime Vrsaljko (spelling??)-Dinamo: Savage player. 2million again and he ends up being unbelievable. Can play a few positions aswell, very handy if players get injured.

CB: James Tomkins-West Ham: Ended up taking John Terrys place in the English team in my game. Class defender. 2.5 million.

DM: Kara-Tromso: Cost 2million and plays like Patrick Vieira. Savage player. 1 million.

MC/AMC: Milan Badelj (spelling again sorry!!)-Dinamo: As good as Luka Modric after one season. Got him for 5million.

AM RLC: Kevin De Bruyne: A bit injury prone, but class player if you hang onto him for a year or two and sell him on for a profit. Costs 4.5 million, but he's worth it for assists alone.

AML: Xherdan Shaqiri-FC Basel: Class, pacey winger. Got him for 4 million, sold to Real for 19 after he spat the dummy when he didn't get his 90000 a week.

ST (poacher): Vaclav Kadlec-Sparta Prague: Great goal poacher for 2.5 million.

If anyone get recommend me a cheap TM striker, that'd be handy!

Some of those players (e.g. Kara) require a work permit.
    Newcastle dont have a feeder club and refused twice to get one!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Just said over on FM12 thread that Yarmolenko (ST) is a great buy if you can get him

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

In all honesty, about half of the Barca B team

Sergi Gomez
    Thiago
    Marc muinesa
    Jonathan dos Santos
    Sergio Robertes

To name but a few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Mexican guy, RM or AMR, Saucido? sorry the name escapes me at the moment, he is excellent. Had to pay 9million up front with add ons to get him in 2015 but he is already worth 29million by the next season at 21 and is by far the star performer on my team. Very consistent, scores loads and gets loads of assists

Playing as Newcastle, with only 8mill transfer fee
    Theres only 1 player to get

Danny Sturridge - 31 goals in 28 games

Single handly got me a Champ league spot and pushed for the title

50% wages loan from Chelsea, no fee

Hoping they sell or loan him again next season!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Playing as Newcastle, with only 8mill transfer fee
    Theres only 1 player to get

Danny Sturridge - 31 goals in 28 games

Single handly got me a Champ league spot and pushed for the title

50% wages loan from Chelsea, no fee

Hoping they sell or loan him again next season!

Doubt they will unless you have an agreed fee for him (in which case use it as soon as you can), if not, he'll cost a fair bit and a loan is unlikely after a season like that.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Doubt they will unless you have an agreed fee for him (in which case use it as soon as you can), if not, he'll cost a fair bit and a loan is unlikely after a season like that.

Actually, I, ahem, played through last night to the next season ;)

Initially, before his loan finished, they wanted 55 milliion! :eek:

However, i let him return to club (He was sad to leave bless him!)
    Then I tried to loan him again and this time they wanted 100% of his wages (60k) and 700k upfront. So I tried a low future fee of 2.5 million and they said they wanted 4 million! So then I offered 4 million to buy outright which they accepted!

Then he wanted stupid wages, over 100k, 1 million bonus for first 15 goals etc.
    So I left it and came back to him 4 weeks later, and this time he wasnt so silly! 70k a week and 500k for first 15 goals.
    I signed him for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Douglas costa for 10m turns into a beast after a season or 2 got me 12 goals and 39 assists in my last season:)

Colm Colgan (19, ST, Irish) at Linfield (in 2015) looks the business. I've been following him for about 18 months but he was valued at £45,000, way more than I could afford. Dortmund have just had an offer accepted for him. £735,000!!!!! Havent a hope of competing with that which is a shame as he has 36 goals in 35 games this season. My team scores a lot of goals, so he would have fit in nicely I reckon :(

In better news, I did an mini overhaul of my starting 11 during the winter and signed seven new players.

Ferid Matri (21, CB, Swiss) signed him on a free in January after Auxerre released him. Average rating of 8.22.

Hector Bellerin (20, AMR, Spanish) also signed him on a free after Arsenal released him. 8 goals in 11 games, average rating of 8.82.

Ravel Morrison (22, AM, English) signed on a free when Man United released him. Played three games before getting injured for a month. 3 goals in 3 games though, two of them as sub appearances. Average rating of 8.13.

Jon Toral (20, CM, Spanish) another Arsenal release. 10 games, average rating of 8.04.

Oscar Lugo (17, RB, Scotish) released from Livingston this time. 9 games, average rating of 8.16.

Chuks Aneke (21, CM, English, Arsenal release) and Ermin Besic (21, GK, Bosnian, AS Beauvais Oise release) are the other two. Aneke seems injury prone so has only managed four games thus far while Besic is my back up keeper and has only made one appearance.

Probably wont be much use to you if you are playing as Barcelona, but Championship, maybe Premiership and they should be good enough to do a job for you. If you are a Premiership side, you might be able to sign them earlier and let them develop in your youth team for a few seasons and hopefully that'll being them up to your standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

anybody on a budget needing a good starter or a some decent cover

look no further then ruben rochina from blackburn. he will set ya back 1m or so but hes a great asset and is a supersub (for my liverpool team anyway)

always pops up in the big games with a goal aswell

i play him AML

worth every penny

*wanted*

Goal scorer

Neymar couldnt finish his dinner for me and suarez is carrying the can. i need an out and out goal scorer under 30million.

any suggestions, its 2014 in my game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

WilcoOut wrote: »
    anybody on a budget needing a good starter or a some decent cover

look no further then ruben rochina from blackburn. he will set ya back 1m or so but hes a great asset and is a supersub (for my liverpool team anyway)

always pops up in the big games with a goal aswell

i play him AML

worth every penny

*wanted*

Goal scorer

Neymar couldnt finish his dinner for me and suarez is carrying the can. i need an out and out goal scorer under 30million.

any suggestions, its 2014 in my game

Neymar. Change the role you are playing him as, then watch the goals roll in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Ben Arfa is immense as a central midfield playmaker. Scores and creates a lot of goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Recommend a player with experience and leadership qualities for a team who have risen a little too fast for their own good through the leagues from BSP to the Championship now, have been focusing on youth but think some older heads are required at the moment to ensure survival.

very little money to spend, less then 200k and a small wage budget too!

just want to stabilise this year and next, my young squad should be ready to push for promotion then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Douglas Costa - Can be infuriating with his constant long shots, but he is the only player I've seen to equal Messi and Ronaldo's values.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ciaran.

shaquiri for fcbasle. super player!

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

The majority of Barca b :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

I have fierro and nangis up front. Fierro can run from one side of the pitch to the other but isn't great for finishing. I can't afford any more than 20m for a player but what attributes make a clinical finisher? I assume finishing and composure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

I have fierro and nangis up front. Fierro can run from one side of the pitch to the other but isn't great for finishing. I can't afford any more than 20m for a player but what attributes make a clinical finisher? I assume finishing and composure?
    Look no further than Darwin Quintero, he has got pace, dribbling and incredible finishing. He cost me £1.6 million. I also noticed he is one of the few unselfish strikers in the game, he is never afraid to cut it back across the box instead of shooting from an insane angle. Have a look at him, he's a goal machine.

Cabaye is a must for any squad. Top notch player.

Conor Clifford who is an Irish Chelsea youngster is usually free in and around August in the second season and is a MUST for any newly promoted or championship team. His stats aren't amazing but I am convinced they lie! You can get him for around 5k a week and his longshots are insane, he scores virtually every game. I don't know how his longshots are only 13 :D

• Advertisement

my fav player of FM 2012 has to be leandro damiao!

hes been on my books for 3 seasons now and i get 40+ goals per season

i play him up front as a poacher in a 4-2-3-1 formation, just watch the goals roll in!

ciaran. wrote: »
    shaquiri for fcbasle. super player!

Signed him and he's unstopable! Play him on the wing and the assists and goals are rolling in!

Officialy the best player I have ever used on FM, Gylfi Sigurdsson.
    He is absoloutely amazing, and cost me 6 million pound in my second season with Leicester. He scores so many free kicks and longshots and always seems to pick the perfect pass. 12 goals and 15 assists so far this season, this is my third season now and I'm only in February.

other crackin players i have picked up are

CB Nicolas Otamendi

MC Fernandinho

AMC Willian

AM Nic Gaitan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Lads, just started with Sunderland, I need a Striker, Left winger and a centre half/left back

I have 7.5 million and a 100k wages to play around with

Any recommendations? Striker being the most important.

Lads, just started with Sunderland, I need a Striker, Left winger and a centre half/left back

I have 7.5 million and a 100k wages to play around with

Any recommendations? Striker being the most important.

Any chance of Sturridge from Chelsea, even just on loan? He always seems to do well. Arsenal have two Spanish lads in their youth or reserve team. Toral and Bellerin. They turned out to be pretty good in mine but might be a bit too young at this stage. I think they can both play on the left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Pablo Conuago, striker. You'll get three years out of him before he retires. Legend. My spelling may be wrong, go with Pablo Co and you'll search for him

James Gilpin, keeper. Young Scottish player, very good and wage demands very cheap

Michael Woods, centre midfield. Super player and but he won't go non-league. Sign him and you'll get a cool half million in a few seasons. A fortune at this level

• Registered Users Posts: 31,916 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Pablo Conuago, striker. You'll get three years out of him before he retires. Legend. My spelling may be wrong, go with Pablo Co and you'll search for him

James Galpin, keeper. Young Scottish player, very good and wage demands very cheap

Michael Woods, centre midfield. Super player and but he won't go non-league. Sign him and you'll get a cool half million in a few seasons. A fortune at this level

Had both players in BSP. Great acquisitions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Any chance of Sturridge from Chelsea, even just on loan? He always seems to do well. Arsenal have two Spanish lads in their youth or reserve team. Toral and Bellerin. They turned out to be pretty good in mine but might be a bit too young at this stage. I think they can both play on the left.
    I brought in Welbeck on loan and is doing well. I brought in Sime vrsaljko at right back which has allowed me to shunt O'Shea into the centre with Brown. Vrsaljko was a beast in FM11, I'm hoping he will be in FM12 too, cost around 3million.

Now I just need a left winger, sold Bramble so I have 5 million to play around with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I brought in Welbeck on loan and is doing well. I brought in Sime vrsaljko at right back which has allowed me to shunt O'Shea into the centre with Brown. Vrsaljko was a beast in FM11, I'm hoping he will be in FM12 too, cost around 3million.

Now I just need a left winger, sold Bramble so I have 5 million to play around with.

Bahebeck of PSG. His stats may not look impressive but he plays above his ability. Failing that, Nene, also of PSG is a decent signing.

Advertisement