Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reptile disinfectant

Options
  • 21-11-2010 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

hi

does anyone know what disinfectants is ok to use in a snake tank

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭CornsnakeKeeper

Heya
    I use ''Beaphar'' Reptile Disinfectant. It does the job.
    You can also use a mix of mouthwash and water and spray down the viv with it as it leaves a nice smell. And then rinse dry and it's good to go!
    Just read the back of the different products available to you in your pethsop. I get mine online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

f10 is the best stuff to use
    http://www.f10biocare.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

if you are cleaning out your vivariums every two weeks or so - you a solution made of 1 part mouthwash to 3 parts water in a spray bottle, keeps it clean and eliminates bad smells

another option is a solution made of 1 part bleach to 10 parts water, and give it a really good rinse afterward - I don't like this method, but its a good way of sterilizing a 2nd hand vivarium.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I use Vinegar mixed with water, best cleaning agent going, wipe down and clean off with a clean damp cloth and it does the jop

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭SCI

I use 5% thin bleach solution (the cheapest stuff) from tesco, make sure you rinse well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

as said above use 5 or 10% bleach and rinse well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Dutchology

I second the F10.

http://www.herpireland.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4472&view

Info on various uses other than simply disinfecting. Great for so many things. Should be in every keeper's kit.

Advertisement