Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Transfer Gossip

• 21-11-2010 10:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Hey guys I know this is a little early but the rumor mill is really starting to churn out the rumors.

I know from spurs point of view we desperately need to get someone up top. We have a new Center half already signed and Woodgate due back this January(currently doing preseason training). But I'd love to see us grab Benzema on Loan if possible or Suarez.

With Bently, Kranjcar,Giovanni and keane all looking likely to make an exit

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I think you lot would regret letting Kranjcar go in the long run. Very good player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Seaneh wrote: »
    I think you lot would regret letting Kranjcar go in the long run. Very good player.

I'd say we will but he can't get a game not fair on him really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Samba to Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Do you think Spurs will have to let some of those players go before they get someone in?

I'd love to see them sign a top quality striker, something I think they need.

As for my club Blackburn, in dire need of a natural striker, even though it might not suit Allardyce's game. Someone who is going to be played alone more than likely - and someone who is going to agree on a rotation policy. I don't see 442 coming too much.

I reckon £5million will be total budget for January - so it is hard to fill the need up there. I wouldn't mind someone in the vain of Shane Long, would like to see Derbyshire back - but I don't think that will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I'd take kranjcar at chelsea tbh. Our squad could do with a beefing up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Do you think Spurs will have to let some of those players go before they get someone in?

As for my club Blackburn, in dire need of a natural striker, even though it might not suit Allardyce's game. Someone who is going to be played alone more than likely - and someone who is going to agree on a rotation policy. I don't see 442 coming too much.

I reckon £5million will be total budget for January - so it is hard to fill the need up there. I wouldn't mind someone in the vain of Shane Long, would like to see Derbyshire back - but I don't think that will happen.

I thought Blackburn had a few bob to spend with the new owners coming in?

flahavaj wrote: »
    I thought Blackburn had a few bob to spend with the new owners coming in?

No it is not that type of takeover, the new owners had talked about it before the takeover and that figure was touted about. So I'd say £5million if lucky, maybe a decent wage budget for some higher profile loan deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Afellay is a Barca player! :D

We will have to let at least two players go to compensate for Woody and Kumalumo(I think) coming in this January plus one more senior(over 21) player for each purchase Harry would like to bring in I do believe now though that we won't buy players for the sake of it and will only buy the players Harry wants and that will fit in with the current squad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

it think krankjaer and hazard of lille will be a liverpool players in January. steven pienear will he be off loaded ?
    wouldn't be surprised to see a.young go to spurs or liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,397 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I think we are in talks to take Kranjcar on loan in January with an option to buy him in the summer according to some posters at the hsv-forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Would like to see Kaka signed, along with Ronaldo back and wouldnt be averse to seeing Schweinsteiger in a united jersey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,469 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

kryogen wrote: »
    Would like to see Kaka signed, along with Ronaldo back and wouldnt be averse to seeing Schweinsteiger in a united jersey

Mourinho saying today that Kaka will be their 'January signing' so maybe Kaka is still in his plans.

Of what you have said though... no chance to any of it.

Don't see us signing Kaka, would reckon Milan, Chelsea and City would push harder (especially Chelsea and City).

Ronaldo, no chance.

Schweinsteiger... a small chance of getting him in the summer, no chance of getting him in January - would absolutely love us to sign him though. Reckon himself and Fletcher would form a nice midfield. Of all the midfielders I reckon United could get, he is top of my wanted list.

I reckon he will sign a new, massive, contract with Bayern though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Depending who you believe LFC are not buying anyone or will in the market if the right sort of deal can be done.. I suspect one or two may be off-loaded - Babel for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

mike65 wrote: »
    Depending who you believe LFC are not buying anyone or will in the market if the right sort of deal can be done.. I suspect one or two may be off-loaded - Babel for one.

Henry pretty much came out and said we wont be doing any business in the window but comolli said we could if the right player is there.

Defour, Hazzard and Nzogbia have all been loosely linked. Cant see Wigan letting go of their star player when battling relegation though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Loan signings are the way to go for the January window. Always be some decent players around who aren't being picked for one reason or another and who would relish the prospect of first-team football, maybe with a view to a more permanent deal down the line.

I reckon there will be more of that going on rather than any big deals. I don't see any major signings happening in January, though I could be wrong of course!

I don't see United doing much in this transfer window, and Abrahamovich seems to have tightened the purse strings at Chelsea in a big way so I don't think we'll see them doing much either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

i can see babel leaving in the window , possibilty of agger if the right offer comes in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Xavi6 wrote: »
    He's been dying to go to Italy for years now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

+1

and +11010101 to Babel going. Please god.

Let hope some good players are around at a good price and hopefully LFC snap em up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

What we need is somebody who can play in the hole. David Dunn has been too injury prone and he has looked out of form this season even when fit. We don't need a striker, we have Kalinic who will be successful up top if he doesn't have to come deep all the time. We also have Roberts who can play that lone striker role and we have M.Diouf too.

As for Derbyshire, he is simply not good enough. He never was. He is a good finisher but he doesn't offer enough to teams and thats why he is not getting his game at Birmingham. He is exactly what he was used for when at Rovers before, the guy you bring on when you need a goal late in the game.

The player I'd love to see us go after is Tuncay Sanli. The guy is not getting his game at Stoke and must surely want a move. He would be perfect in that role that Dunny played last season for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Great acquisition for Juve, especially with Amauri out. He'll rip shit up in that league.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Are they going to sell Krasic though? only got him in the Summer. Ade to Juve would make sense if Edin Dzenko was to be City bound though.

eagle eye wrote: »
    What we need is somebody who can play in the hole. David Dunn has been too injury prone and he has looked out of form this season even when fit. We don't need a striker, we have Kalinic who will be successful up top if he doesn't have to come deep all the time. We also have Roberts who can play that lone striker role and we have M.Diouf too.

As for Derbyshire, he is simply not good enough. He never was. He is a good finisher but he doesn't offer enough to teams and thats why he is not getting his game at Birmingham. He is exactly what he was used for when at Rovers before, the guy you bring on when you need a goal late in the game.

The player I'd love to see us go after is Tuncay Sanli. The guy is not getting his game at Stoke and must surely want a move. He would be perfect in that role that Dunny played last season for us.

Diouf is on loan, and to be honest he is not up to the standards yet. He had one good game at Norwich and hasn't impressed me since.

Roberts will be 33 in January, and in my opinion is only being used because Diouf has not fulfilled what Allardyce was hoping for.

Benjani is going to be 33 in the next Summer window and was a last resort with there being no money to spend.

Hoilett is one for the future, but I think he is more suited for a wide role at the moment.

I'd like to see us sign a decent Striker and I still think we need one. I'd rather see Kalinic play up front as part of a 442 set up, and as I don't see that happening, especially with the current system giving Jones a game I agree that Tuncay would be the best option for us in this window.

How much do you think he would be available for? He cost Stoke £5 million, so I reckon they would be looking for a good deal of that back. I don't see them loaning him out to a rival Premier League club, if he is to be loaned more likely it would be elsewhere in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Arsenal should do a RVP Benzema swap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Romelu Lukaku to Real Madrid in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Le King wrote: »

Is this confirmed?

If so, ffs, every single talented player that emerges around europe is being hoovered up by the big spanish two.

This guy looks some prospect. I wonder how much its for?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Are they going to sell Krasic though? only got him in the Summer. Ade to Juve would make sense if Edin Dzenko was to be City bound though.

If they sell one of their other non-eu players they have an extra spot.
    the rules are weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I reckon bendtner will want out and would love to see Given get first team football somewhere.

If the rumours about bolton are true i reckon they could off load a few big names, Shame they are going great at moment.

Again just rumour mill but i believe blackpool are talking to Jose, cant say anymore then this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

SK1979 wrote: »
    Is this confirmed?

If so, ffs, every single talented player that emerges around europe is being hoovered up by the big spanish two.

This guy looks some prospect. I wonder how much its for?

Chelsea, Arsenal and United were doing it up to then even nabbing players off Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

racso1975 wrote: »
    I reckon bendtner will want out and would love to see Given get first team football somewhere.

If the rumours about bolton are true i reckon they could off load a few big names, Shame they are going great at moment.

Again just rumour mill but i believe blackpool are talking to Jose, cant say anymore then this.

What rumours about Bolton?

MR NINE wrote: »
    What rumours about Bolton?

Cahill and Elemander up for sale, bolton 93m in the red. Was all over the sites last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Cahill and Elemander up for sale, bolton 93m in the red. Was all over the sites last week.

Oh right first I heard. Be a shame alright. Cahills been linked with plenty of teams, always for ridiculous fees though. Don't know whos gonna spend ~15m on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Frisbee wrote: »
    Great acquisition for Juve, especially with Amauri out. He'll rip shit up in that league.

Unless he can get an EU passport from somewhere, I can't see it happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

There is no way that Juventus are going to let go of Krasic. As for Dzeko, that guy is just pure class and he is exactly the kind of player that could propel Juventus into a Champions League spot. Realistically though, I think he should be playing Champions League football now, because he clearly has the potential to be a top 5 striker in the world.

• Advertisement

MR NINE wrote: »
    Oh right first I heard. Be a shame alright. Cahills been linked with plenty of teams, always for ridiculous fees though. Don't know whos gonna spend ~15m on him.

By all accounts Wenger is very much interested in him but at 15m don't see it happening, especially if city show any sort of interest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Le King wrote: »

Thought he wasnt leaving till he Finished school?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,153 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Thought he wasnt leaving till he Finished school?

Wouldn't be surprised to see someone buy him and loan him back to Anderlecht for at least the rest of the season, and maybe even another year since he's so young still.

Lucas is meant to be a target of Sevilla who have been monitoring him closely the past few weeks and Babel is meant to be up for sale as well if anyone comes in for him.

Spurs have been linked with Bosnian Vedad Ibisevic.

Lucas is going nowhere! Babel can go anywhere!

A sure sign of madness and yet......

article-1291107556492-0C0F2A0E000005DC-324266_636x300.jpg

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

Lucas is going nowhere! Babel can go anywhere!

A sure sign of madness and yet......

"Out of favour David Ngog" Thats news to me that hes out of Favour! Sure didnt he start in the spurs game. :pac:

I'd welcome Djibrillo back for the right price (about one third of what is suggested) assuming he is still quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

Gossip this morning that Spurs are interested in Adebayor and Ibisevic. Either would be a great buy for us, but if we had to bring anyone in, it really needs to be a centre half. Woodgate may be in pre-season training, but we've got to make longer term plans to replace him and King (especially with Kaboul out for a while and Dawson only beginning to get back training). We've been leaking like a sieve this season - With Defoe, Pav, VdV and Crouch (and Lennon back too) we seem fairly well established up front.

City have offered(supposedly) 100 million for Barca's Iniesta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

City have offered(supposedly) 100 million for Barca's Iniesta
    I think if they offered twice that he wouldn't go. I dont think even City have enough money for Iniesta, Xavi or Messi

This is a list of the summer transfers just gone if anyone is keen to reflect on how well they did last summer.
    It is probably worth noting that Villa and Blackburn basically spent nothing last summer and Everton worked off free transfers and Sunderland spent almost the same amount as Spurs with only one transfer(Gyan)
    Arsenal
    In: Marouane Chamakh (free, Bordeaux), Laurent Koscielny (£8.5m, Lorient), Sebastien Squillaci (£5m, Sevilla)

Out: Philippe Senderos (free, Fulham), Luke Ayling (free, Yeovil Town), Eduardo da Silva (£6m, Shakhtar Donetsk), Francis Coquelin (loan, Lorient), Pedro Botelho (loan, FC Cartagena), William Gallas (free, Tottenham), Mikael Silvestre (released), Sanchez Watt (loan, Leeds), Kyle Bartley (loan, Sheffield United), Jay Simpson (undisclosed, Hull City), Nacer Barazite (loan, Vitesse Arnhem), Mikael Silvestre (free, Werder Bremen), Armand Traore (loan, Juventus)

Aston Villa
    In: Stephen Ireland (part of James Milner deal, Manchester City)

Out: Wilfried Bouma (released), Stephen O’Halloran (free, Coventry City), Nicky Shorey (undisclosed, West Bromwich Albion), James Milner (£16m + Stephen Ireland, Manchester City), Marlon Harewood (free, Blackpool), Harry Forrester (loan, Kilmarnock)

Birmingham City
    In: Ben Foster (undisclosed, Manchester United), Nikola Zigic (undisclosed, Valencia), Enric Valles (free, NAC Breda), Matt Derbyshire (loan, Olympiakos), Jean Beausejour (undisclosed, Club America), Alexander Hleb (loan, Barcelona), Martin Jiranek (undisclosed, Spartak Moscow)

Out: Gary McSheffrey (free, Coventry City), Jake Jervis (loan, Notts County), Robin Shroot (loan, Cheltenham Town), Colin Doyle (loan, Coventry City), Luke Hubbins (loan, Notts County), Marcus Bent (loan, Wolves)

Blackburn
    In: Mame Biram Diouf (loan, Manchester United), Zurab Khizanishvili (loan, Reading)

Out: Marcus Marshall (free, Rotherham United), Maceo Rigters (loan, Willem II Tilburg)

Blackpool
    In: Dekel Keinan (free, Maccabi Haifa), Marlon Harewood (free, Aston Villa), Chris Basham (undisclosed, Bolton Wanderers), Ludovic Sylvestre (undisclosed, Mlada Boleslav), Craig Cathcart (undisclosed, Manchester United), Malaury Martin (free, AS Monaco), Elliot Grandin (undisclosed, CSKA Sofia), Luke Varney (loan, Derby County), DJ Campbell (undisclosed, Leicester City), David Carney (undisclosed, FC Twente), Matt Phillips

(£325k, Wycombe Wanderers)

Out:

Bolton
    In: Robbie Blake (free, Burnley), Martin Petrov (free, Manchester City), Marcos Alonso (£2.2m, Real Madrid), Tom Eaves (undisclosed, Oldham Athletic), Rodrigo Moreno (loan, Benfica)

Out: Chris Basham (undisclosed, Blackpool)

Chelsea
    In: Yossi Benayoun (£5.5m, Liverpool), Tomas Kalas (£5.2m, Sigma Olomouc), Ramires (undisclosed, Benfica)

Out: Michael Ballack (free, Bayer Leverkusen), Juliano Belletti (free, Fluminense), Miroslav Stoch (undisclosed, Fenerbahce), Rhys Taylor (loan, Crewe Alexandra), Tomas Kalas (loan, Sigma Olomouc), Joe Cole (free, Liverpool), Danny Philliskirk (loan, Oxford United), Ryan Bertrand (loan, Nottingham Forest), Ben Gordon (loan, Kilmarnock), Scott Sinclair (undisclosed, Swansea City), Jack Cork (loan, Burnley), Deco (free, Fluminense), Michael Mancienne (loan, Wolves), Franco Di Santo (undisclosed, Wigan)

Everton
    In: Jermaine Beckford (free, Leeds United), Jan Mucha (free, Legia Warsaw), Magaye Gueye (undisclosed, Strasbourg)

Out: John Ruddy (undisclosed, Norwich City), Lukas Jutkiewicz (undisclosed, Coventry City), Joseph Yobo (loan, Fenerbahce)

Fulham
    In: Philippe Senderos (free, Arsenal), Moussa Dembele (£5m, AZ Alkmaar), Rafik Halliche (undisclosed, Benfica), Carlos Salcido (undisclosed, PSV Eindhoven), Lauri Dalla Valle (player swap, Liverpool), Alex Kacalinic (player swap, Liverpool)

Out: Chris Smalling (undisclosed, Manchester United), Stefan Payne (free, Gillingham), Luca Moscatiello (free, Cesena), Paul Konchesky (player swap, Liverpool)

Liverpool
    In: Jonjo Shelvey (£1.7m, Charlton Athletic), Milan Jovanovic (free, Standard Liege), Joe Cole (free, Chelsea), Danny Wilson (£2m initial, Rangers), Christian Poulsen (£4.5m, Juventus), Brad Jones (£2.3m, Middlesbrough), Raul Meireles (£11.5m, FC Porto), Paul Konchesky (player swap, Fulham)

Out: David Martin (free, Milton Keynes Dons), Yossi Benayoun (£5.5m, Chelsea), Albert Riera (£3.3m initial, Olympiakos), Javir Mascherano (undisclosed, Barcelona), Lauri Dalla Valle (player swap, Fulham), Nabil El Zhar (loan, PAOK Salonika), Alex Kacalinic (player swap, Fulham), Emiliano Insua (loan, Galatasaray), Vincent Weijl (undisclosed, SD Eibar)

Manchester City
    In: Alex Henshall (undisclosed, Swindon Town), Jerome Boateng (undisclosed, Hamburg SV), David Silva (£24m, Valencia), Yaya Toure (£28m, Barcelona), Aleksandar Kolarov (£19m, Lazio), Mario Balotelli (£22.5m, Inter Milan), James Milner (£16m + Stephen Ireland, Aston Villa)

Out: Paul Marshall (free, Walsall), Martin Petrov (free, Bolton), David Ball (loan, Swindon Town), Gunnar Nielsen (loan, Tranmere Rovers), Javier Garrido (£2.5m, Lazio), Adam Clayton (loan, Leeds United), Andrew Tutte (loan, Rochdale), Stephen Ireland (part of James Milner deal, Aston Villa), Vladimir Weiss (loan, Rangers), Felipe Caicedo (loan, Levante), Adam Clayton (undisclosed, Leeds United), Robinho (£18m, AC Milan)

Manchester United
    In: Chris Smalling (undisclosed, Fulham), Marnick Vermijl (undisclosed, Standard Liege), Javier Hernandez (undisclosed, Chivas de Guadalajara), Bebe (£7.4m, Vitoria Guimaraes)

Out: Ben Foster (undisclosed, Birmingham City), Ron-Robert Zieler (free, Hannover 96), Zoran Tosic (£8m, CSKA Moscow), Tom Heaton (free, Cardiff City), Matthew James (loan, Preston North End), James Chester (loan, Carlisle United), Mame Biram Diouf (loan, Blackburn Rovers), Joshua King (loan, Preston North End), Danny Welbeck (loan, Sunderland), Craig Cathcart (undisclosed, Blackpool), Daniel Drinkwater (loan, Cardiff City), Tom Cleverley (loan, Wigan Athletic)

Newcastle United
    In: James Perch (undisclosed, Nottingham Forest), Sol Campbell (unattached), Hatem Ben Arfa (loan, Marseille), Cheick Tiote (undisclosed, FC Twente)

Out: Fraser Forster (loan, Celtic), Kazenga LuaLua (loan, Brighton)

Stoke City
    In: Florent Cuvelier (undisclosed, Portsmouth), Kenwyne Jones (£8m, Sunderland), Carl Dickinson (loan, Portsmouth), Salif Diao (unattached), Eidur Gudjohnsen (loan, AS Monaco), Jermaine Pennant (loan, Real Zaragoza), Marc Wilson (swap, Portsmouth)

Out: Nathaniel Wedderburn (free, Northampton Town), Andy Griffin (£500k, Reading), Diego Arismendi (loan, Barnsley), Ibrahim Sonko (loan, Portsmouth), James Beattie (£1.5m, Rangers), Dave Kitson (swap, Portsmouth), Liam Lawrence (swap, Portsmouth), Ben Marshall (loan, Carlisle United)

Sunderland
    In: Cristian Riveros (undisclosed, Cruz Azul), Simon Mignolet (undisclosed, Sint-Truiden), Ahmed Al-Muhammadi (loan, ENPPI), Marcos Angeleri (£2m, Estudiantes La Plata), Titus Bramble (undisclosed, Wigan Athletic), John Mensah (loan, Lyon), Danny Welbeck (loan, Manchester United), Asamoah Gyan (£13m, Stade Rennes)

Out: Jamie Chandler (free, Darlington), Roy O’Donovan (free, Coventry City), Lorik Cana (£5m, Galatasaray), Daryl Murphy (£1.5m, Celtic), Conor Hourihane (undisclosed, Ipswich Town), Nyron Nosworthy (loan, Sheffield United), Martin Fulop (undisclosed, Ipswich Town), Jean Yves M’voto (loan, Oldham Athletic), Oumare Tounkara (loan, Oldham Athletic), Kenwyne Jones (£8m, Stoke City), Martyn Waghorn (£3m, Leicester City)

Tottenham
    In: Sandro Ranieri Guimaraes Cordeiro (undisclosed, Internacional), William Gallas (free, Arsenal), Stipe Pletikosa (loan, Spartak Moscow), Rafael Van der Vaart (£8m, Real Madrid)

Out: Sam Cox (free, Barnet), David Button (loan, Plymouth Argyle), Adel Taarabt (undisclosed, Queen’s Park Rangers), John Bostock (loan, Hull City), Ryan Mason (loan, Doncaster Rovers), Jonathan Obika (loan, Crystal Palace)

West Bromwich
    In: Gabriel Tamas (undisclosed, Auxerre), Pablo Ibanez (free, Atletico Madrid), Boaz Myhill (£1.5m, Hull City), Nicky Shorey (undisclosed, Aston Villa), Marc-Antoine Fortune (undisclosed, Celtic), Paul Scharner (unattached), James Hurst (undisclosed, Portsmouth), Craig Dawson (undisclosed, Rochdale)

Out: Luke Daniels (loan, Bristol Rovers), Borja Valero (loan, Villarreal), Marcus Haber (loan, St. Johnstone), Kayleden Brown (loan, Tranmere Rovers), Reuben Reid (loan, Walsall), Leon Barnett (loan, Norwich City), Craig Dawson (loan, Rochdale)

West Ham United
    In: Thomas Hitzlsperger (free, Lazio), Frederic Piquionne (£1m, Lyon), Pablo Barrera (£4m, UNAM Pumas), Tal Ben Haim (loan, Portsmouth), Victor Obinna (loan, Inter Milan)

Out: Bondz N’Gala (free, Plymouth Argyle), Matt Fry (loan, Charlton Athletic), Alessandro Diamanti (£1.8m, Brescia), Fabio Daprela (undisclosed, Brescia)

Wigan Athletic
    In: Antolin Alcaraz (free, Club Brugge), Mauro Boselli (undisclosed, Estudiantes La Plata), Tom Cleverley (loan, Manchester United), Franco Di Santo (undisclosed, Chelsea)

Out: Tomasz Cywka (free, Derby County), Titus Bramble (undisclosed, Sunderland), Antonio Amaya (loan, Rayo Vallecano), Jason Koumas (loan, Cardiff City), Jason Scotland (undisclosed, Ipswich Town)

Wolverhampton
    In: Jelle Van Damme (undisclosed, Anderlecht), Steven Fletcher (undisclosed, Burnley), Steven Mouyokolo (undisclosed, Hull City), Stephen Hunt (undisclosed, Hull City), Michael Mancienne (loan, Chelsea), Marcus Bent (loan, Birmingham City)

Out: Jason Shackell (undisclosed, Barnsley), Mark Little (free, Peterborough United), George Friend (free, Doncaster Rovers), Andrew Surman (undisclosed, Norwich City), Nathaniel Mendez-Lang (loan, Peterborough United), Sam Vokes (loan, Bristol City), Andy Keogh (loan, Cardiff City)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I think if they offered twice that he wouldn't go. I dont think even City have enough money for Iniesta, Xavi or Messi

Making an offer for either of them is completely pointless, doesnt matter how much money they offer, it would be like trying to buy some one's child...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I still wish we held on to Stoch, and possibly Ballack for another year.
    The bit we seen of Yossi was pretty good I thought.

everdead.ie where did you get that list?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

I dont know what id prefer with Fabregas. Id love to see him in that Barca team but Id hate to see him leave the PL.

• Advertisement
Advertisement