Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Transfer Gossip

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

amiable wrote: »
    Where has he said that?
    He won't get that at Spurs this season.

He won't get Europa League football at Liverpool.

Anyway,

Ajax say, no bids have been made

But they've effectively said here's for sale for €25 million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

the only reliable villa ITK (the chap who hinted at the bent thing last week) has suggested there are more signings to follow

very exciting

id say adam and spahic anyway, maybe wheater and a loan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Helix wrote: »
    the only reliable villa ITK (the chap who hinted at the bent thing last week) has suggested there are more signings to follow

very exciting

id say adam and spahic anyway, maybe wheater and a loan

darren bent :eek: , thank god we got our bobs back

helix tell randy dont do it , 24m:eek:

thats 3 van der vaarts!

BERBA wrote: »
    darren bent :eek: , thank god we got our bobs back

helix tell randy dont do it , 24m:eek:

only drogba has scored more than him in the last 4 years, and if bent scores this week and drogba doesnt, they'll be level

delighted with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Location is a myth now cos people can fly wherever they want from several airports including Manchester airport which is near liverpool which they couldn't do years ago.

Depends on the player's and their respective WAG's character doesn't it. Some will want the bright lights on their doorstep, others wouldn't mind living in more of a backwater.

Also having team mates who share the same nationality is a big plus for some - not so important to others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

greendom wrote: »
    Depends on the player's and their respective WAG's character doesn't it. Some will want the bright lights on their doorstep, others wouldn't mind living in more of a backwater.

Also having team mates who share the same nationality is a big plus for some - not so important to others
    Agreed. Who really knows what the player himself is actually after?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Location is a myth now cos people can fly wherever they want from several airports including Manchester airport which is near liverpool which they couldn't do years ago.
    I've lived in London so yes i know London. I doubt South Americans know as much about Spurs as they do Liverpool. The Spanish speakers at Liverpool and Torres being Surez's agent will sway it IMO and who knows what other players are being lined up which i'm sure they'll use to persuade him to sign.

Seriously .. Please drop the London not being more attractive than Liverpool because its a bit silly. If you go play a game in Liverpool your house will likely be robbed.

Well we have Gomez and Sandro at Spurs. Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa used to play for Spurs? VDV is a legend at Ajax.. Martin Jol was manager at Ajax and the reason why Suarez stayed at the club .. Also Suarez speaks pretty good English so i dont think Spanish will be a problem. A lot better Spanish/South American restuarants, clubs, pubs in London and a much bigger and vibrant Latin American Community in general.

Torres agent is probably telling him that Torres is off in the summer so not sure why that would be attractive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

only drogba and rooney has scored more than him in the last 4 years, and if bent scores this week and drogba doesnt, they'll be level

delighted with him

now it looks right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

smokedeels wrote: »
    He won't get Europa League football at Liverpool.

Anyway,

Ajax say, no bids have been made

But they've effectively said here's for sale for €25 million

"A source at Ajax said:" is journo slang for "my mate told me"

When they don't name the source, you can rest assured they don't have a source.

kryogen wrote: »
    now it looks right

nope

the stat everyones rolling out was from the start of this season where bent had 81 and rooney and drogba had 82

this season bent and drogba have 8 in the league, rooney has what, 2? 3?

as of now, only drogba has scored more, and its only one more

• Advertisement

Oh good one there mate. Really made me jealous naming those two
    Revert to slagging off Liverpool city. Well done

I was naming South American players .. Both have played for the national team and Gomez played in Holland for years. Why are liverpools spanish contingent any more attractive?

With regard to Liverpool .. I live in London and I have been to Liverpool a number of times. There is no comparison between the two cities and I'm sure everyone would agree with me .. Saying that Spurs being based in London wont be a factor in his decision is ridiculous and is similar to me saying that he wont consider Liverpool FC's history as a factor.

Playboy wrote: »
    I was naming South American players .. Both have played for the national team and Gomez played in Holland for years. Why are liverpools spanish contingent any more attractive?

With regard to Liverpool .. I live in London and I have been to Liverpool a number of times. There is no comparison between the two cities and I'm sure everyone would agree with me .. Saying that Spurs being based in London wont be a factor in his decision is ridiculous and is similar to me saying that he wont consider Liverpool FC's history as a factor.
    2 South american players that not many other big clubs in England would want at the moment IMO.
    Its not about how nice the city. I've lived in London as i said earlier. High crime rate there too. I'm saying London having the draw like it had years ago for foreign players had alot to do with being able to fly home from London. The world is a smaller place now and places are easier to get to.

I said Spanish speaking contingent because the player in question speaks spanish and it would help him to settle and it might sway him and his wife

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Pienaar could be a great buy for spurs. He can fill in for bale or modric or van der vaart(depending on which one is sold first)

Could this be the start of players leaving everton. They've gone so far backwards in the last few years it's not even funny.

2 South american players that not many other big clubs in England would want at the moment IMO.
    Its not about how nice the city. I've lived in London as i said earlier. High crime rate there too. I'm saying London having the draw like it had years ago for foreign players had alot to do with being able to fly home from London. The world is a smaller place now and places are easier to get to.

Its nothing to do with being able to fly home .. its about your quality of life while you are there. London has a 100 times more to offer someone like Suarez than liverpool .. I'm shocked that even having to argue this point with someone who claims to have lived in London!!

And its has nothing to do with other Clubs wanting Gomez or Sandro .. we just bought Sandro and he is one of the highest rated one prospects in Brazilian football .. Gomez is a top keeper .. What fantastic Spanish players do Liverpool have to offer apart from Torres lol? Maxi, Lucas and Meirales?

Show me the quote where i said that
    The london thing as a location is a myth nowadays. That was a thing in the 80's and 90's.

Well maybe you didnt say it directly but what are you trying to infer? I'm saying London is a big attraction for a player .. you are saying it isnt ergo you think Liverpool is just as attractive as London to live in .. well it aint

Martin O'Neill has ruled himself out of the West Ham job

more villa gossip:

adam to villa to happen by the end of the week, we're close to breaking blackpools resolve and have been told that one more increased bid should do it. id expect it to be £5m with some add ons

tom ross saying we've stepped up interest in figueroa as well, but that'll probably hinge on getting warnock out. liverpool looks the likely destination there

spahic looking likely, assuming arsenal dont come back in for him

qpr favourites to get john carew in

more villa gossip:

adam to villa to happen by the end of the week, we're close to breaking blackpools resolve and have been told that one more increased bid should do it. id expect it to be £5m with some add ons

tom ross saying we've stepped up interest in figueroa as well, but that'll probably hinge on getting warnock out. liverpool looks the likely destination there

spahic looking likely, assuming arsenal dont come back in for him

qpr favourites to get john carew in
    Where did you hear QPR favourites to sign John Carew?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Where did you hear QPR favourites to sign John Carew?

some ITK's on the Villa forums

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Off-topic posts have been removed.

Any more off-topic posting, subtle trolling or thinly veiled attacks on posters will be infracted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Lots of buzz about a bid for Fabiano from spurs. Still haven't found out who the la liga player is we are supposed to be getting on Loan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

The ITK's are saying we are not after Figueroa. Don't believe anything Tom Ross reports, he's a bluenose and has no inside info at the villa. Kendrick and Abraham are better sources for villa stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Its nothing to do with being able to fly home .. its about your quality of life while you are there. London has a 100 times more to offer someone like Suarez than liverpool .. I'm shocked that even having to argue this point with someone who claims to have lived in London!!

And its has nothing to do with other Clubs wanting Gomez or Sandro .. we just bought Sandro and he is one of the highest rated one prospects in Brazilian football .. Gomez is a top keeper .. What fantastic Spanish players do Liverpool have to offer apart from Torres lol? Maxi, Lucas and Meirales?

reina lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Argentinian, Brazilian and Portugese

Melion wrote: »
    Argentinian, Brazilian and Portugese
    I replied to that last night but it seems to have been deleted for some strange reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Best not to bother replying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

mike65 wrote: »
    Best not to bother replying.

Ah, hes one of "them"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Lots of buzz about a bid for Fabiano from spurs. Still haven't found out who the la liga player is we are supposed to be getting on Loan?

Hes been on the party bus since last summer, dont expect him to light the world on fire.

• Advertisement

Fair enough. Cheers

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Hes been on the party bus since last summer, dont expect him to light the world on fire.

Oh ya? I don't know too much about him but there is a distinct lack of players who can play up top on there own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Oh ya? I don't know too much about him but there is a distinct lack of players who can play up top on there own

Get him "motivated" and hes lethal, change in managers at Sevilla and he didnt get his transfer so hasnt been arsed this season.

Once kanoute doesnt go i be happy :)

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Get him "motivated" and hes lethal, change in managers at Sevilla and he didnt get his transfer so hasnt been arsed this season.

Once kanoute doesnt go i be happy :)
    What are the odds on him moving do you think because it seems he would like a move to Serie A or another La Liga club he doesn't seem to be bothered about the premier league from what I gather from the papers

From Twitter
    therealstevenpi Steven Pienaar by henrywinter

To end speculation I am going to Spurs. I've had brilliant years at Everton and it will always be a special place in my heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

So Pienaar confirms he's going to Spurs. Seems very silly, he's not going to get his game there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Average player, Spurs should have concentrated on getting a top striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Great move for Spurs. More strength in depth. Probably for average wages. Could in theory play in Europe. Could begin the exodus from Everton.

Doubt it's a major part of their dealings, I'm sure they are still focused on those big big name stars. A world class striker combined with a world class central defender and they've got a real shot at taking above 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

O i see the piener thing got posted, guess I wont repost ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Frisbee wrote: »
    So Pienaar confirms he's going to Spurs. Seems very silly, he's not going to get his game there.

He won't be first choice all the time but he adds a bit of bite to that midfield when they will need it e.g. if they're a goal up against a good side, he's a good option to bring on for bale.

I am a bit surprised to be honest A striker is what we need but I trust Harry at this stage he's not let me down yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

JET gone on loan to cardiff should be good for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,469 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

babel to Hoffinheim apparently. Medical passed and fee agreed according to Bild.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

According to the Hoffenheim they have agreed a fee of 7m euro for Babel, and he will have his medical in Hoffenheim tomorrow.

If anyone is intrested Pieenar will be #40

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Pienaar is a good signing. Now we don't have to play JJ anymore when Modric gets injured. That in itself is worth the cost.

Will some low team please pay over the odds for Jenas now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

This sucks. Spurs getting stronger and stronger.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Kold wrote: »
    Pienaar is a good signing. Now we don't have to play JJ anymore when Modric gets injured. That in itself is worth the cost.

We'll take him back at Forest. He played well for us :P

Kold wrote: »

I was thinking he'd fill in for VDV when he's injured giving he's only playing every other game due to injuries etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Sickened Pienaar is gone :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Kenny Miller to sign for Buraspor after turning down Birmingham City. Birmingham lose two transfer targets in two days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement