Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Transfer Gossip

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Darren Bent deal is done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Rumours are that Spurs are in for Fabiano again as Harry is unsure about Suarez. Reports also that Ajax want too much money for Suarez and have priced Liverpool out of a move.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Playboy wrote: »
    Rumours are that Spurs are in for Fabiano again as Harry is unsure about Suarez. Reports also that Ajax want too much money for Suarez and have priced Liverpool out of a move.
    Source?

Sky Sports News AFAIK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Everton and Steven Pienaar for the player's transfer to the Club.

Pienaar joined Everton from Borussia Dortmund in the summer of 2007, initially on a season-long loan, and went on to make 132 appearances for the Toffees, scoring 12 goals.

The South Africa international, 28, made his name at Ajax after joining them from their club partners Ajax Cape Town in January 2001.

The versatile midfielder enjoyed great success during his time in Amsterdam, helping Ajax to the Eredivisie championship in 2002 and 2004 and, in turn, gaining great experience in the Champions League before making the move to the Bundesliga with Dortmund in 2006.
    On the site now so it's official.

Sky Sports News AFAIK
    That's very vague. Is there anything more substantial? A link perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Jenas back to Newcastle perhaps

That'd be good business for everyone at the right price ....... Ten million? :pac:

That'd be good business for everyone at the right price ....... Ten million? :pac:
    I'm only guessing but i think he wouldn't move to the northeast again. I think he's from Nottingham so i'd imagine somewhere in the midlands might suit him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Not a chance, we don't want him back, the goldfish bowl has gotten bigger since he left lol. Send him off to West Ham since they missed the boat on Sidwell and he can stay in London then.

Spurs supposedly in negotiations for Taye Taiwo the 25 year old marseille left back
    http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/4580/8/tottenham-battle-benfica-£5m-marseille-ace

Benefice and Everton also in talks don't think we need another left back BAE is already top class one of the best 3/4 in the league.

Spurs supposedly in negotiations for Taye Taiwo the 25 year old marseille left back
    http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/4580/8/tottenham-battle-benfica-£5m-marseille-ace

Benefice and Everton also in talks don't think we need another left back BAE is already top class one of the best 3/4 in the league.

Would be a great signing and good competition for BAE... I really dont want Bale playing at left back if BAE gets injured. He isnt a good enough defender and in most cases it limits him. Although with Pienar playing in front of him Bale could be more effective from left back

I actually think he is one of the worst lb's in the league, headless chicken at times. Its the main area in the spurs team that could do with investment. Hopefully ye get Taiwo and stay away from Enrique.

bazual wrote: »
    I actually think he is one of the worst lb's in the league, headless chicken at times. Its the main area in the spurs team that could do with investment. Hopefully ye get Taiwo and stay away from Enrique.

Ah no way Benny rocks :D

Sky Sports News AFAIK
    So nothing to back this up?

• Advertisement

Ah no way Benny rocks :D

In terms of LB's in the league, I reckon he is top 8

Evra
    Enrique
    Cole
    Baines
    Clichy
    Kolarov
    Bardsley
    Benny

Sorry for sidetracking the thread.

amiable wrote: »
    So nothing to back this up?

Google is your friend....

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/1212180-liverpool-fc-must-pay-absurd-amount-to-sign-luis-suarez,-insist-ajax.html

Ajax manager Frank de Boer has warned Liverpool that they will have to pay 'an absurd amount' if they wish to sign striker Luis Suarez.

A bid to bring the highly-rated Uruguay international to Anfield is believed to stand at an initial £18million, with future clauses taking the total up to £22million, whilst out-of-favour Ryan Babel has opened himself up to a return to his former club on loan as part of the deal.

But de Boer remains resolute in keeping Suarez at the Amsterdam Arena and insists that only a highly lucartive offer would see their grip on the 23-year-old loosen.

"We are resolute and do not want to lose Suarez but if a 'super club' offers an absurd amount, we would let him go," he admitted.

"As it stands at the moment, he will stay with us for the remainder of the season."

When asked of Babel's potential return, he added: "The advantage is that he knows the Ajax system well."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/1212180-liverpool-fc-must-pay-absurd-amount-to-sign-luis-suarez,-insist-ajax.html

Ajax manager Frank de Boer has warned Liverpool that they will have to pay 'an absurd amount' if they wish to sign striker Luis Suarez.

A bid to bring the highly-rated Uruguay international to Anfield is believed to stand at an initial £18million, with future clauses taking the total up to £22million, whilst out-of-favour Ryan Babel has opened himself up to a return to his former club on loan as part of the deal.

But de Boer remains resolute in keeping Suarez at the Amsterdam Arena and insists that only a highly lucartive offer would see their grip on the 23-year-old loosen.

"We are resolute and do not want to lose Suarez but if a 'super club' offers an absurd amount, we would let him go," he admitted.

"As it stands at the moment, he will stay with us for the remainder of the season."

When asked of Babel's potential return, he added: "The advantage is that he knows the Ajax system well."

Babel gone to Hoffenheim:rolleyes:

Well we know thats not true cos Babel is gone to Hoff.
    Anything credible to back it up?

Well we know thats not true cos Babel is gone to Hoff.
    Anything credible to back it up?
    We all know what google is but if you should back up satements yourself with the source

Jesus .. what is your problem? It was on Sky Sports News earlier in the day! I have just posted a link with quotes from De Boer?

I said reports say ... I didnt say it was Gospel truth .. these are transfer Rumours!

• Advertisement

BERBA wrote: »
    Babel gone to Hoffenheim:rolleyes:

Yes .. the story came out earlier today before that move transpired .. it still doesnt change the quote from De Boer?

Yes .. the story came out earlier today before that move transpired .. it still doesnt change the quote from De Boer?
    Yes and you still posted it after the Babel story was well broken hence you knew it was bull.

Yes and you still posted it after the Babel story was well broken hence you knew it was bull.

In fairnes the babel story hadn't been confirmed take keane today said he was never going to Birmingham yet everyone had placed him in contract negotiations with Birmingham demanding crazy money. This is the transfer gossip section you can't really believe anything until it is confirmed by the clubs involved and as far as I am aware Babel is in contract negotiations he hasn't signed for anyone yet so don't count your chickens yet.

eh ... isnt there a quote from De boer which states that he wont go unless its for an absurd amount and he expects him to stay the rest of the season? How is that bull? You need to relax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Lookit when BERBA starts pointing out flaws in your posts its time to stop digging mate.

In fairnes the babel story hadn't been confirmed take keane today said he was never going to Birmingham yet everyone had placed him in contract negotiations with Birmingham demanding crazy money. This is the transfer gossip section you can't really believe anything until it is confirmed by the clubs involved and as far as I am aware Babel is in contract negotiations he hasn't signed for anyone yet so don't count your chickens yet.
    In fairness the Babel story was confirmed on the liverpool website at 16.30 and the post in question was posted at 17.30 originally and the source hours later.
    It goes to prove that nothing was stirring in the first place of Babel to Ajax

In fairness the Babel story was confirmed on the liverpool website at 16.30 and the post in question was posted at 17.30 originally and the source hours later.
    So it was confirmed he was sold at half four?

So it was confirmed he was sold at half four?
    Yes the headline on the Liverpool website read ''Liverpool agree Babel deal''

I heard it a work .. I posted when I got home before I had seen the Babel story .. I do have a life outside of posting on forums

Not sure if you read RAWK but its on there too!

one of the top ITKs on RAWK (it seems anyway, 'Tommo86'), has said that Liverpool are still some way off regarding fee as Ajax want 28mil.

Yes the headline on the Liverpool website read ''Liverpool agree Babel deal''

Ah ya sure he hasnt signed for them though I'm sure he will agree personal terms but not over the line yet hoffenhiem director allegedly said they haven't come to an agreement yet not trying to be pedantic but still not a done deal

• Advertisement

Ah ya sure he hasnt signed for them though I'm sure he will agree personal terms but not over the line yet hoffenhiem director allegedly said they haven't come to an agreement yet not trying to be pedantic but still not a done deal
    Fair enough mate but it still shows there was nothing really happening with Ajax don't you think. My own hunch is that Ajax couldn't afford his wages anyway. just a hunch though

Fair enough mate but it still shows there was nothing really happening with Ajax don't you think. My own hunch is that Ajax couldn't afford his wages anyway. just a hunch though

He said in an interview with a dutch paper the other day that he was prepared to take a wage cut to go to Ajax and play first team football... cant remember the name of the paper but I think it was the Telegraf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

He said in an interview with a dutch paper the other day that he was prepared to take a wage cut to go to Ajax and play first team football... cant remember the name of the paper but I think it was the Telegraf

the telegraf:confused:

more like steffigraf;)

more like steffigraf;)

Believe it or not .. its actually spelt like that http://www.telegraaf.nl/

I did miss an 'a' though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

more like steffigraf;)

Oh sweet Jesus :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Gary Glitter has applied for the position of Aston Villa manager, after he heard that their strikers are Young and Bent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Looks like Tevez has gotten too good for the EPL. He will definitely be going to Spain either this month or in the summer. He is the standout player in the EPL and will move on to either Real or Barca.

Warper wrote: »
    Looks like Tevez has gotten too good for the EPL. He will definitely be going to Spain either this month or in the summer. He is the standout player in the EPL and will move on to either Real or Barca.

I thought he wanted to quit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Thanks for that Guillem

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

FFS, keep your hoarding mitts of Taiwo, we need him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

FFS, keep your hoarding mitts of Taiwo, we need him!

Always been a fan.

Wanted OL to sign him before we got Cissokho. Great left peg on him.

Ush1 wrote: »
    Always been a fan.

Wanted OL to sign him before we got Cissokho. Great left peg on him.

I see Man U are sniffing after Bastos as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

kryogen wrote: »
    Thanks for that Guillem

Its true though, its only a matter of time before he moves to the big boys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I see Man U are sniffing after Bastos as well.

Was actually Milan and to a lesser extent Juve that were mad to get him.

Lacombe came out and said he won't be sold.

See Monaco want Adebayor? Doubt they could pay his wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Always nice to hear Chelsea are gonna over pay for a player :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

kryogen wrote: »
    Always nice to hear Chelsea are gonna over pay for a player :)

Did United pay over the odds for Ferdinand? Did Chelsea pay over the odds for Carvalho? Because this lad is absolute class.

Ush1 wrote: »
    Was actually Milan and to a lesser extent Juve that were mad to get him.

Lacombe came out and said he won't be sold.

See Monaco want Adebayor? Doubt they could pay his wages.

A lot of places were running with the Manchester United angle yesterday. Taht said, I'd love to see him at Juve :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

His field-goal percentage is very impressive, but lately he has missed a number of PK's and he rarely scores from outside the perimeter which could rule out a move to the world's best soccer teams such as Reeal Madrid, Barcalona and of course the LA Galaxy, especially as those teams are stacked at the Power Forward position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,469 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

A lot of places were running with the Manchester United angle yesterday. Taht said, I'd love to see him at Juve :)

United are being linked with a few left backs over the last couple of weeks - with talk of Madrid being in for Evra. Don't think he will go though. Rumours that United have told Benfica and Lyon that that they will pay the release clauses for Fabio Coentrao and Bastos, if Evra was to leave (obviously not both of them though)

• Advertisement
Advertisement