Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Transfer Gossip

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

JPA wrote: »
    So what time is the deadline?

11pm tomorrow night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Some betting odd if anyone wants to make money out of the Transfer Window.

FERNANDO TORRES TO SIGN FOR IN JAN TRANSFER WINDOW

Chelsea 1/5
    Real Madrid 10/1
    Inter Milan 16/1
    Barcelona 16/1
    Man City 16/1
    Tottenham 20/1
    Man Utd 33/1
    -
    CHARLIE ADAM TO FOR SIGN FOR IN JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

Liverpool 1/5
    Man Utd 4/1
    Aston Villa 6/1
    Everton 16/1
    Birmingham City 33/1
    Wolves 33/1
    SERGIO AGUERO TO JOIN BY THE END OF 2011 JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW
    Join By End Of January Transfer Window
    Chelsea evens
    Real Madrid 10/1
    Liverpool 12/1
    Man City 14/1
    Barcelona 16/1
    Inter Milan 20/1
    Man Utd 25/1
    Arsenal 25/1

ANDY CARROLL TO SIGN IN THE JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

Tottenham 4/6
    Chelsea 10/1
    Arsenal 12/1
    Man Utd 16/1
    Liverpool 16/1
    West Ham 25/1
    Aston Villa 33/1
    -
    GARY CAHILL TO SIGN FOR IN JAN TRANSFER WINDOW

Arsenal 4/5
    Liverpool 6/1
    Chelsea 10/1
    Man Utd 12/1
    Tottenham 12/1
    -
    ASHLEY YOUNG TO SIGN FOR IN JAN TRANSFER WINDOW

Liverpool 1/2
    Man Utd 16/1
    Tottenham 25/1
    Man City 25/1
    Chelsea 25/1
    Everton 33/1
    Arsenal 33/1
    Birmingham City 66/1
    SHAY GIVEN TO SIGN FOR IN JAN TRANSFER WINDOW

Leicester 2/5
    Tottenham 9/2
    Fulham 8/1
    Arsenal 12/1
    Celtic 12/1
    Aston Villa 14/1
    Roma 20/1
    Newcastle 20/1
    Birmingham City 33/1
    Werder Bremen 33/1
    Cardiff 33/1
    Man Utd 33/1

ROMAN PAVLYUCHENKO TO SIGN FOR IN THE JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

Bolton evens
    Sunderland 9/4
    Newcastle 9/2
    West Ham 10/1
    Everton 14/1
    Birmingham 14/1

SCOTT PARKER TO SIGN FOR IN JAN TRANSFER WINDOW

Tottenham 4/5
    Liverpool 10/1
    Aston Villa 16/1
    Everton 22/1
    Birmingham City 28/1
    -
    JACK RODWELL TO JOIN IN JAN TRANSFER WINDOW

Man Utd 2/1
    Arsenal 6/1
    Tottenham 7/1
    Chelsea 8/1

SSN reporting Athletico Madrid have turned down a 38.5m bid from spurs for Aguerro:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

BERBA wrote: »
    SSN reporting Athletico Madrid have turned down a 38.5m bid from spurs for Aguerro:eek:

Harry is p*ssing in the wind with these transfer bids. He needs to be realistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Ballague just said there after the Espanyol - Villareal match that Spurs have had a £30m bid turned down by Villareal for Guiseppe Rossi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Does he actually think they would get Aguero.

Johner wrote: »

Or Llorente for that matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Harry thinks he is playing Champ Manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Sure he cannot play Centreback. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Johner wrote: »
    flahavaj wrote: »
    Or Llorente for that matter.

There is at least one person on boards who does. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

30m for Rossi? WTF. He's good, but not that good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Harry is p*ssing in the wind with these transfer bids. He needs to be realistic.
    Harry would not have gotten permission to make that bid unless Levy was full sure we could afford it. There is no danger of us getting into any financial difficulty in the near future, even if that bid had gone through. Great to hear it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Where are spurs pulling this money out of ?

THFC wrote: »
    Harry would not have gotten permission to make that bid unless Levy was full sure we could afford it. There is no danger of us getting into any financial difficulty in the near future, even if that bid had gone through. Great to hear it though.

Its nothing to do with the sums involved. The players involved won't sign for Spurs.

Where are spurs pulling this money out of ?
    United....:pac:

United....:pac:

The Modric deal must be done.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Pele to sign for spurs...........

Its nothing to do with the sums involved. The players involved won't sign for Spurs.
    We're on an upward spiral. Don't see why they wouldn't. We play a very attractive brand of football and now the rest of Europe knows.

The Modric deal must be done.;)
    Hands off! He ain't goin nowhere! NOWHERE I tell ya!

In Levy we trust , levy mad keep to spend that kinda coin on a striker even harry said that

• Advertisement

We're on an upward spiral. Don't see why they wouldn't. We play a very attractive brand of football and now the rest of Europe knows.

Llorente is Madrid bound AFAIK.

Aguero is one of the hottest properties in world football, he'll end up at a bigger club than Spurs. No offence.

the reigning european champions know anyhow:D

Llorente is Madrid bound AFAIK.

Aguero is one of the hottest properties in world football, he'll end up at a bigger club than Spurs. No offence.
    Fair enough, but I do think sooner rather than later a world class player will come to WHL.

Fair enough, but I do think sooner rather than later a world class player will come to WHL.

Sure wasn't Nemanja Vidic there only a few weeks ago giving a defensive masterclass.;)

Sure wasn't Nemanja Vidic there only a few weeks ago giving a defensive masterclass.;)
    Who??

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Harry is trying to distract people from the events of a few hours ago.

wasnt torres the one who gave him a masterclass? No?:p

All joking aside I wonder is it possible Spurs have a deal in place to sell one of their prized assets in the Summer? It would explain the Pienaar signing which seems a bit unnecessary and would also explain why ye suddenly have all these millions to offer around Europe? Maybe that Bale to Inter story had more truth to it than we first thought?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Where the **** are that lot from up the Seven Sisters getting this kind of wedge from? Lewis is hardly stupid enough to underwrite it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

before you edited that i was going to say the sawdoctors will sing a song about that

All joking aside I wonder is it possible Spurs have a deal in place to sell one of their prized assets in the Summer? It would explain the Pienaar signing which seems a bit unnecessary and would also explain why ye suddenly have all these millions to offer around Europe? Maybe that Bale to Inter story had more truth to it than we first thought?
    Never mind Berba..

Yeah maybe, Bale did say (IIRC) the only place he would consider playing football outside of WHL is Italy. If we got €50m+ I'd be more than happy to sell him tbh. We have plenty of wide options as it is. What we desperately need is world class striker.

(either Bale or his agent said something along those lines, sure of that anyways)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I thought spurs had a wage cap. They would need to smash that to land someone like aguero or any other top class star.

Never mind Berba..

Yeah maybe, Bale did say (IIRC) the only place he would consider playing football outside of WHL is Italy. If we got €50m+ I'd be more than happy to sell him tbh. We have plenty of wide options as it is. What we desperately need is world class striker.

His agent is Italian as well isn't he? The way Spurs are making bids it really seems like they've suddenly come into money or something.

amiable wrote: »
    before you edited that i was going to say the sawdoctors will sing a song about that
    Yeah, I wasn't sure whether Arsenal is in N17 or not so I decided to edit to avoid that pit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Never mind Berba..

(either Bale or his agent said something along those lines, sure of that anyways)

Should have signed Suarez tbh. I'm amazed you let Liverpool get him if you were in the market for a striker.

• Advertisement

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I thought spurs had a wage cap. They would need to smash that to land someone like aguero or any other top class star.
    We don't have a wage-cap per sé, but our highest earner atm is on about 70,000 a week. However Bale will become our highest earner on 100,000 as soon as he signs his new contract (he may already have done so, been busy this last week and am unsure:o)..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

talk tomorrow might see 3 new villa signings

we know bradley is going through in the morning, but apparently we were offered a defender and our hand might be forced on a summer target since other clubs are now looking to buy before the deadline tomorrow

cson wrote: »
    Should have signed Suarez tbh. I'm amazed you let Liverpool get him if you were in the market for a striker.
    As were all of us (Spurs fans). I, at the least, expected a bid. And I reckon we have more to spend then Liverpool also (no offence intended..).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The Atletico owner has been spreading loads of ****e about clubs bidding for his players so he can say that he's holding onto their star assets, when in reality no offers have come in at all.

Don't be surprised if this bid is another one of those attempts from the Atletico owner.

if that bid is true for Aguerro? who would have leaked it ? Athletico ? certainly not us , i dont fancy alerting europe to what were doing.

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    talk tomorrow might see 3 new villa signings

we know bradley is going through in the morning, but apparently we were offered a defender and our hand might be forced on a summer target since other clubs are now looking to buy before the deadline tomorrow

Samba?

if that bid is true for Aguerro? who would have leaked it ? Athletico ? certainly not us , i dont fancy alerting europe to what were doing.

See my above post mate, regarding the Atletico owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Harry is up to his old portsmouth tricks of buying all around him, how did that end up by the way:rolleyes:

Harry is up to his old portsmouth tricks of buying all around him, how did that end up by the way:rolleyes:

It's not Redknapp's fault that chairmen are willing to spend money.

Anyway, the Spurs' situation is completely different to that at Portsmouth, Bournemouth and Southampton. A man with the financial acumen of Daniel Levy knows exactly what they can afford to spend and not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Levy seems keen on bringing a forward in but I can't see him spending 38.5m on one :p if that were the case he would just up his Carroll bid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

On Suarez he isn't a striker that can play up top alone or at least it's not his favoured position so that's why we didn't put a bid in afaik

What is your problem with Spurs????? IIRC you're not even an Arsenal/WHU fan.. It's already been said no more than 10 posts up that Levy looks after the finances at WHL and would not allow any bid that would jepordise our financial stability. End of. He is a very shrewd business man and we (Spurs fans) have complete confidence in him, even when 'Arry is at the helm.

Levy seems keen on bringing a forward in but I can't see him spending 38.5m on one :p if that were the case he would just up his Carroll bid.

thats the worst case scenario everdead , if we dont get a worldclass striker tomorrow he'll offer 30m late in the day for Carroll , hope it doesnt come to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I thought Spurs wanted a strong, lead the line type of player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

What is your problem with Spurs????? IIRC you're not even an Arsenal/WHU fan.. It's already been said no more than 10 posts up that Levy looks after the finances at WHL and would not allow any bid that would jepordise our financial stability. End of. He is a very shrewd business man and we (Spurs fans) have complete confidence in him, even when 'Arry is at the helm.

A lot of people don't have a problem with Spurs, just Harry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement