Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Transfer Gossip

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

JPA wrote: »
    A lot of people don't have a problem with Spurs, just Harry.
    I get that, but Ordinary Man seems to have sort of irrational hatred towards us in general. Might be because of that gowl BERBA, he's turned well over half of Boards against us, and I'm sure yeh saw the match thread today, plenty of people were more than happy to take a shot at us when we were losing. Before he joined plenty of people liked Spurs, and most poeple that don't post on Boards do.

FU BERBA. I'd just like to get that out there. You've single-handedly ruined the SF for the rest of us Spurs fans. Hopefully you'll get banned soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Paully D wrote: »
    Samba?

no names mentioned, but we were interested earlier in the window. apparently we cooled on him when dunnes form started picking up tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

THFC wrote: »
    I get that, but Ordinary Man seems to have sort of irrational hatred towards us in general. Might be because of that gowl BERBA, he's turned well over half of Boards against us, and I'm sure yeh saw the match thread today, plenty of people were more than happy to take a shot at us when we were losing. Before he joined plenty of people liked Spurs, and most poeple that don't post on Boards do.

FU BERBA. I'd just like to get that out there. You've single-handedly ruined the SF for the rest of us Spurs fans. Hopefully you'll get banned soon...

I like Spurs but its too easy to jeer BERBA when things go wrong tbh. I do also think there's no badness in him whatsoever and all his banter is very harmless. I've grown fond of him.

flahavaj wrote: »
    I like Spurs but its too easy to jeer BERBA when things go wrong tbh.
    Tell me about it... The amount of **** directed at Spurs over the last few months that I've let slip has been unreal...

EDIT - Urgh, you edited! I used to be fond of him, but now the abuse has gone way OTT... esp when we're fcuking getting hammered..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

i need to be careful what i say to you fellow yid so im gonna say nothing at all except attack the post not the poster

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Konchesky is on his way to Forest for 3 month emergency loan according to the Times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I like Spurs but its too easy to jeer BERBA when things go wrong tbh. I do also think there's no badness in him whatsoever and all his banter is very harmless. I've grown fond of him.

pffft he'll never be sots, I genuinely miss that bloke :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

24 Hours to go :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

BERBA wrote: »
    i need to be careful what i say to you fellow yid so im gonna say nothing at all except attack the post not the poster

Ya, so do I man.. The amount of times I resisted against saying things to you is un-freakin-believable..

again... must... resist... getting... banned...

Just please, I'm fcuking begging, cut out the shít.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

OPENROAD wrote: »

Your doing this again, every hour, best of luck with that

stephen warnock is moving on loan tomorrow, but not to liverpool apparently... to wigan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Konchesky is on his way to Forest for 3 month emergency loan according to the Times.

I thought Fifa rules on the amount of clubs allowed to be played at in a season meant his only option was Fulham?

Can't waaaaait for SSN tomorrow night! I well remember 2 years ago, with Chelsea chasing Robinho, the presenter (cant remember who) announced;
    "And Robinho has just signed for £30m for.... Man City!"

I was like :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:..

Can't waaaaait for SSN tomorrow night! I well remember 2 years ago, with Chelsea chasing Robinho, the presenter (cant remember who) announced;

The same night United got Berba, despte City's dirty last minute bid. Epic entertainment.

The same night United got Berba, despte City's dirty last minute bid. Epic entertainment.

that speed dialling came in handy :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

remember it well , part of me died that night:(

+1

Sky Sports reporters freezing in the cold outside some ground, looking nervously over their shoulders as the mob of supporters gather around :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I thought Fifa rules on the amount of clubs allowed to be played at in a season meant his only option was Fulham?
    Doesn't apply to Championship clubs applying for an emergency loan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I would personally like to thank man city on behalf of chelsea for there actions on that night, much appreciated by chelsea, than you:P

2 outright owners and one loan within the same footballing jurisdiction. examples: curtis davies (villa, leicester (loan), birmingham) and stephen ireland (city, villa, newcastle (loan))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I've been told Andy Reid to Blackpool and Paulo Da Silva to Real Zaragoza are expected to happen tomorrow.

Helix wrote: »
    2 outright owners and one loan within the same footballing jurisdiction. examples: curtis davies (villa, leicester (loan), birmingham) and stephen ireland (city, villa, newcastle (loan))
    stephen Ireland doesn't count as he didn't make an appearance for City AFAIK
    Its that one of the clubs isn't in premier league.
    This all came to a head with Tevez and Maschareno at west ham yet both were only on loan there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Haha, not again!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Is the three club rule not in a calendar year no?

SantryRed wrote: »
    Is the three club rule not in a calendar year no?
    No its in a season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

@goodoldfootball
    Spurs are so desperate to sign a striker before the window closes. They are now after West Ham's Robbie Keane

Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Paully D wrote: »
    I've been told Andy Reid to Blackpool and Paulo Da Silva to Real Zaragoza are expected to happen tomorrow.
    He'd be a great replacement for Adam if/when he leaves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

AgileMyth wrote: »
    He'd be a great replacement for Adam if/when he leaves.

I agree.

They're very similar in style, play makers, great passing range, decent set pieces.

Reid plays his best football in the centre IMO but doesn't get many chances there due to his (lack of) fitness so hopefully he can get into shape again like he was during the opening half of last season and get an opportunity in the centre.

He was excellent at Sheffield United in a recent loan spell apparently.

Best of luck to him if the moves goes through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

aaronh007 wrote: »
    He's out of our price range .....

23 Hours to go :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

23 Hours to go :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    How long now?

From the guardian

More to come on Aguero and yet another striker target for Harry R. Coming soon on guardian website

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

From the guardian

More to come on Aguero and yet another striker target for Harry R. Coming soon on guardian website

Heard something about Diego Milito.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Aguero,Rossi,Llorente and Negrado.

shano_88 wrote: »
    Heard something about Diego Milito.

That could actually be a runner, they've just signed Pazzini and have Eto' as well, not sure how many games he's going to get.

Johner wrote: »
    Aguero,Rossi,Llorente and Negrado.

The Rossi one I actually heard last weekend and was meant to be why he signed a new contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Another transfer deadline day endúring this guy i suppose? *sigh*

[Embedded Image Removed]

Degag wrote: »
    Another transfer deadline day endúring this guy i suppose? *sigh*

[Embedded Image Removed]
    in fairness he's meant to have amazing contacts in the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

If Spurs can get Aguero then fair fúcks. But tbh he's not the kind of striker they need. They need someone who can play on his own up top. Should have gone for Adebayor when they could. Aguero is a huge player, but if Spurs play him on his own up top then they'll be in trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

That could actually be a runner, they've just signed Pazzini and have Eto' as well, not sure how many games he's going to get.
    Pazzini was signed because Inter are short of quality attacking options, Eto'o plays too wide now and over the last few games when Milito was injured it was very evident. Pazzini can play as the main striker if Milito is missing but he will mainly be played with Milito and Eto'o in a trident, like today. I don't think Inter would sell him but if they did Spurs would be insane to buy Milito, he is 32 this year, has been having a bad season goal scoring wise, whould cost a fortune(probably€30m+) and demand a huge wage.

What's happened to Pandev this season? Has Pazzini been brought in just to replace him essentially when they're all fully fit?

Frisbee wrote: »
    What's happened to Pandev this season? Has Pazzini been brought in just to replace him essentially when they're all fully fit?
    Pandev was only ever good enough to be a squad player imo and shared a position with Balotelli last year, he will still get games because all 4 can be rotated. Pazzini is replacing Biabiany in the squad, who was Balotelli's replacement, so in effect he is replacing Balotelli because Biabiany was never good enough.

I've only seen a few Inter games this season but I thought Biabiany seemed semi-promising.

What's the story with Coutinho? Is he going to make it?

Can I just saw, Inter you are sexy bastards

I've only seen a few Inter games this season but I thought Biabiany seemed semi-promising.

What's the story with Coutinho? Is he going to make it?
    I think Biabiany is good but he is just that level below Inter imo, he will be a good player for a mid table team pushing for Europa League spots.

I think Coutinho will be amazing, he is one of the most promising young players around. He just came back from injury today and wasn't at his best but he should get a bit more game time because Sneijder still injured, he is back in training so should be back soon though.

• Advertisement

22 Hours to go :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

If Spurs can get Aguero then fair fúcks. But tbh he's not the kind of striker they need. They need someone who can play on his own up top. Should have gone for Adebayor when they could. Aguero is a huge player, but if Spurs play him on his own up top then they'll be in trouble.

Jesus could you imagine if Adebayor had gone to Spurs - most hated ex-Arsenal player ever? Probably.

cson wrote: »
    Jesus could you imagine if Adebayor had gone to Spurs - most hated ex-Arsenal player ever? Probably.

Would be no contest.

Any chance of us signing anyone, I always feel left out on transfer deadline day :(

21 Hours to go :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

amiable wrote: »
    in fairness he's meant to have amazing contacts in the game
    Yeah, just think he gets a bit too excited on Deadline Day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement