Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Transfer Gossip

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

sonic85 wrote: »
    if they make it 25 they can have him. get rid and try bring in someone like lukkaku

Blasphemy. You can't let the best striker in the world go for fecking £17m - he's on a hot streak too with 2 goals in 2 games. kinda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

:pac:

What's the betting that was Aguero driving in on that moped? Sleight of hand by 'Arry.
    Nah it was Messi don't ya know :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭sonic85

Nah it was Messi don't ya know :pac:

more like david nugent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Meanwhile away from all the madness, Blackburn Rovers sign Ruben Rochina a 19 year old from Barcelona.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Carroll for £35m, Rossi for £35m, Adam for £15m and Bentner for £15m
    If they all go through this has to be the craziest transfer window ever. And that includes when Jose took over at Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Carroll for £35m, Rossi for £35m, Adam for £15m and Bentner for £15m
    If they all go through this has to be the craziest transfer window ever. And that includes when Jose took over at Chelsea.

This window is still waiting for some Spurs madness to complete this crazy day.

50m for Fabiano?

£40m for Grafite?

£15m for Chimbonda?

All within the realms of possibility i say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

One of the more sickening aspects of all this madness is that Sky - undoubtedly - will hype this up as much as they can rather than being the least bit critical about it.

Sense has gone out of the window altogether.

On the bright side, now even I should be worth a couple of hundred thousand or so....

michael bradley has completed his loan move to aston villa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

SSN told by United that there's no interest in Charlie Adam, know United it could be total bollocks, but it wouldn't surprise me that they're happy without singing him.

• Advertisement

man city have spurned an enquiry from liverpool from micah richards. theyre really going to town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Carroll for £35m must be the most over-inflated transfer I can recall. I like the guy a lot but that's over double his worth in my opinion.

This transfer window is bonkers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

David Santon gone to Cesena on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Rossi's wiki page edited to say he signed 4+1/2 year deal for €33m today more to follow ..... damn unreliable wiki

Sunday times editor saying Levy was told it was too late to do a deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Carroll for £35m must be the most over-inflated transfer I can recall. I like the guy a lot but that's over double his worth in my opinion.

its more than treble in my book

villa shouldve offered agbonlahor for £25-30m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

David Santon gone to Cesena on loan.
    With Nagatomo going the other way, I reckon that it will be good for both, Santon needs games and isn't quite ready to be first choice at Inter and Nagatomo will be given a chance at Inter.

On another note, Serie A clubs have made some very good buys this season when you look at how much the English clubs are paying for players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

dor83 wrote: »
    With Nagatomo going the other way, I reckon that it will be good for both, Santon needs games and isn't quite ready to be first choice at Inter and Nagatomo will be given a chance at Inter.

On another note, Serie A clubs have made some very good buys this season when you look at how much the English clubs are paying for players.

You probably could have said the reverse 10 odd years ago when the likes of Buffon was going for £30m - not saying he wasn't worth it, he obviously was but there was some insane money flying around Serie A then. Swings and roundabouts I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Hopefully a move for Given.

Steve@SkyBet: A late move from Cardiff to land Manchester City 'keeper Shay Given. The Republic of Ireland stopper is now even money favourite (from 33/1) to join Dave Jones' side after a number of large bets.

Cardiff? Serious step down for Shay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Darren on 606: "Liverpool will make sure as part of the transfer that Fernando Torres plays no part in Sunday's game! Wise up People!!!"

Good point...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭groomek

cson wrote: »

I think any first team action is a step up from warming the bench.I'd rather he stayed in the premiership but beggers can't be choosey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Beats sitting on bench for rest of season. A regular game will get him sharp again, and can only be good for Ireland.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Eider Gudjohnson on his way to Fulham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

You probably could have said the reverse 10 odd years ago when the likes of Buffon was going for £30m - not saying he wasn't worth it, he obviously was but there was some insane money flying around Serie A then. Swings and roundabouts I guess.
    Yeah that was a hell of a lot but he was the best keeper in the world. I mean Carroll for £35m is crazy when you see Cavani for €16m in the summer, and I know which player I would prefer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭groomek

roryc wrote: »
    Darren on 606: "Liverpool will make sure as part of the transfer that Fernando Torres plays no part in Sunday's game! Wise up People!!!"

Good point...

It will have to an under the table agreement.It's against the rules to have any offical agreement like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Sky sports news twitter reports Stephen Ireland has joined Newcastle till end of season on loan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

No feckin way Obafemi Martins is 26.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Obafame Martins looks well for a man of 57 on SSN I must say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Is that sky lad Andy Burton on gardening leave? he's normally around on transfer deadline day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

BERBA wrote: »
    Is that sky lad Andy Burton on gardening leave? he's normally around on transfer deadline day

Hes in a spot of trouble afaik, cant remember what for but hes on suspension so I was told

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

He has been suspended for his part in the sexist comments.

He's out taking your oul wan for a seafood dinner BERBA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

This transfer window is bonkers.
    Ah but Kevin Nolan and his missus have put up at least £5m of that I'd say...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Mike Ashley has given his first reaction to the sale of Carroll.

xj4puppefp.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

flahavaj wrote: »
    Obafame Martins looks well for a man of 57 on SSN I must say.
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    No feckin way Obafemi Martins is 26.

**** like this is nothing short of racist bollocks.

The lad was at inter when he was a kid, in the time between making his first team debut in the CL against Milan and leaving Inter to join Newcastle he grew 3 and a half inches and gained about 3 ston of muscle, most of which was in the last two years, which would indicate that he was about 17 when he made his debut and 22 when he left.

Which is exactly the ages reported.

I seen something similar posted anout Lukaku a few weeks back, despite the fact that he was born in Belgium.

Some people are brainless sheep.

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Breaking News: In all the confusion, Harry Redknapp has accidentally signed himself in a deal worth £17 million.

Seaneh wrote: »

The lad was at inter when he was a kid, in the time between making his first team debut in the CL against Milan and leaving Inter to join Newcastle he grew 3 and a half inches and gained about 3 ston of muscle, most of which was in the last two years, which would indicate that he was about 17 when he made his debut and 22 when he left.

I seen something similar posted anout Lukaku a few weeks back, despite the fact that he was born in Belgium.

Ageist.

Not racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

His armband proved he was a red, Torres, Torres,
    Till' a Russian wallet turned his head, Torres, Torres,
    The scousers cried cause' Torres lied,
    He ran with pound signs on his eyes,
    Fer-nan-do Torres, Chelsea's Number Nine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

E Diouf finalising a loan deal to Rangers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Als76

x PyRo wrote: »
    Breaking News: In all the confusion, Harry Redknapp has accidentally signed himself in a deal worth £17 million.

He didnt go through with it couldnt agree the wages

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

x PyRo wrote: »

With a hefty signing on fee included I presume? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

El Hadj Diouf to Rangers. Controversy to follow surely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

staker wrote: »
    El Hadj Diouf to Rangers. Controversy to follow surely

thats a match made in heaven there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

`Wenger has just made himself a nightcap and is setting his alarm clock for tomorrow morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Calm down. Some people look older than they are, some people look younger...some people seem they have been around forever. I thought he was older than 26 myself!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Rcaist? LOL.

I was looking at him on SSN earlier with all this in mind,

and actually thought he looked his age, he had a young look to me.

Blackburn have signed Formica too,

Undisclosed fee

Rovers tonight completed a fourth move in the January transfer window with the addition of highly-rated Argentine playmaker Mauro Formica.

Formica has signed a contract through to summer 2014, arriving at Ewood Park from Newell's Old Boys for an undisclosed fee.

A product of the Newell's Old Boys academy, the creative midfielder was capped at youth level for Argentina before he made his club debut at the age of 18.

Nicknamed Gato (meaning "Cat"), the 22-year-old is rated as one of Argentina's brightest prospects and is manager Steve Kean's fourth January signing following the arrival of Roque Santa Cruz, Jermaine Jones and Rubén Rochina.

The Rovers boss said: "Mauro is a fantastic talent, an attacking player who has been in great demand. He has great technical ability and is a typical Argentinian with a bit of fight and a bit of devilment in him.

"He's an exciting talent and I must say that this transfer window has progressed really well for us."

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2280814,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Right then... worrying developments for Chelsea fans, if what worries you is completely speculative chat on social networking sites... word on the Tweet is that Benfica have "pulled David Luiz off the plane to London" and say they are "analysing" Chelsea's offer for the centre-half. I reiterate, that's unconfirmed as far as I know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

El Hadji Diouf to er Rangers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement