Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Transfer Gossip

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

An agent has said spurs are on the verge of getting a Spanish loan signing

Wigan have signed a young defender from Deportivo as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

An agent has said spurs are on the verge of getting a Spanish loan signing

Wigan have signed a young defender from Deportivo as well.

Benzema or Diarra :)

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I'd say it's more likely someone in exchange for gio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Mr. Guappa wrote: »

No offence meant or anything but I would be really suprised if benzema went to Spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    No offence meant or anything but I would be really suprised if benzema went to Spurs.

i wouldnt , reckon 'a special player' on the way to the Lane in Jan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

No offence taken! I'd be pleasantly surprised myself but it's someone of his level that we need to take us forward and really cement ourselves as a top 4 club.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

4 Hours to go :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Benzema won't be moving in Janurary now that Higuain is out for a few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

yabadabado wrote: »
    Benzema won't be moving in Janurary now that Higuain is out for a few months.

really?what happened him?
    love him as a striker,animal of a player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

dahat wrote: »
    really?what happened him?
    love him as a striker,animal of a player

he needs an operation on his back.big loss for madrid.benzema is the only other centre forward they have.
    EDIT:they have a young lad,who came on in the copa for them last week and I suppose Ronaldo would do a job there aswel.

• Advertisement

3 Hours to go :eek:

2 Hours to go :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

BERBA wrote: »
    2 Hours to go :eek:

Tut Tut Tut... you jumped the gun by 4 mins - shame on you!;)

OPENROAD wrote: »
    4 Hours to go :eek:

take that was 3 mins late :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

take that was 3 mins late :rolleyes:

Didn't know they were on stage tonight?

1 Hour to go :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

i wouldnt , reckon 'a special player' on the way to the Lane in Jan

I really want to post a pic to this.. Can i get a mod dispensation for an against the charter pic ? You honestly think he would sign for Spurs ? I know you like to take the piss and all but seriously, unless City offered him 150k+ a week he wouldn't go there, why would Spurs offer any attraction to him ?

2 clubs would pay him the wages he would want in England, both are bankrolled by billionaires, both have a name beginning with C, does Spurs begin with a c ?

CookieLP.jpg

Image sized for emphasis.

I think sometimes you forget what threads you are actually trying to troll in. :rolleyes:

Transfer window now open :eek:

• Advertisement

happy new year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Off of Twitter

Shay_Given
    A very Happy New Year to all of my followers. Haven't tweeted for a while but that won't the case in January for sure! All the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

d22ontour wrote: »
    I really want to post a pic to this.. Can i get a mod dispensation for an against the charter pic ? You honestly think he would sign for Spurs ? I know you like to take the piss and all but seriously, unless City offered him 150k+ a week he wouldn't go there, why would Spurs offer any attraction to him ?

2 clubs would pay him the wages he would want in England, both are bankrolled by billionaires, both have a name beginning with C, does Spurs begin with a c ?

I think sometimes you forget what threads you are actually trying to troll in. :rolleyes:

spurs are bankrolled by a billionaire. His name is Joe Lewis:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Damn, who would have thought that. :rolleyes:

Even though you know who the other club were, your reply was amusing none the less, am pretty sure most Manchester City fans call themselves City but you knew that, no ? :rolleyes:

spurs are bankrolled by a billionaire. His name is Joe Lewis:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes i know the 30/40/50m bids and 150k+ a week wage offers he is throwing at world stars is frightening... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

QPR have billionaire owners too.

• Advertisement

QPR have billionaire owners too.

they dont have a danny levy though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

they dont have a danny levy though:D
    No they have Bernie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I'd love for Ronaldinho to join a top English club in this window. It might have a possiblity of rekindling his dormant magical ability.

On the other hand, I hope Robinho doesn't move to Villa or Spurs! He'd get 9 goals in the first 6 games but then spend €500 a week phoning back to Brazil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

In fairness Spurs have come on a lot over the past two years, and I think we're very capable of attracting big name players, after all, we do have 3 more valuable players than Benzema atm. If we retain our place in the CL next season I truly believe we will go on to become a genuine title contender, and IMO, we're only missing that 1 "special player", namely a striker. Hopefully Benzema can be that player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

THFC wrote: »
    In fairness Spurs have come on a lot over the past two years, and I think we're very capable of attracting big name players, after all, we do have 3 more valuable players than Benzema atm. If we retain our place in the CL next season I truly believe we will go on to become a genuine title contender, and IMO, we're only missing that 1 "special player", namely a striker. Hopefully Benzema can be that player.

Benzema would be a mighty capture for us. Word on the ground is that negotiations are ongoing. Trying to persuade players to join us now is not so hard, what with Bale, Modric and VdV at the club and singing its praises!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

CorkMan wrote: »
    I'd love for Ronaldinho to join a top English club in this window. It might have a possiblity of rekindling his dormant magical ability

On the other hand, I hope Robinho doesn't move to Villa or Spurs! He'd get 9 goals in the first 6 games but then spend 500 a week phoning back to Brazil.

Take fatboy and his 200K per week wages all you want, but keep your hands off Robson!

Besides, Robby isn't leaving any time soon, he's just made himself undropable over the last few months and is playing great beside Ibra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

A few sites and newspapers mentioning Steve McClaren being interested in taking John O'Shea to Wolfsburg.

dsmythy wrote: »
    A few sites and newspapers mentioning Steve McClaren being interested in taking John O'Shea to Wolfsburg.

He just signed an 80k a week contract with united.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Nice pay day for Mr. Utility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

eagle eye wrote: »
    Off of Twitter

Shay_Given

i very much doubt thats really shay given.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Don't think he has signed anything just yet. Heard Kevin Moran on the radio last week saying as much and according to The Times today he is into the last 18 months of his contract now. I know it was reported a few weeks back that he had signed but from what I have heard and read that is not the case.

Twitter is abound with the news Dzeko fee to City 27m has been agreed deal won't go through before tuesday though.

We are linked in the indo with a £17m bid for Suarez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

German media reporting Dzeko deal is through for a transfer fee between 31m and 35m and 6m+ annual salary.

"Der Tagesspiegel" is reporting Mancini confirms the deal and McLaren wishing him well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

yahoo/eurosport been reporting the above all morning with mancini saying he wont discuss any further till after the arsenal game

• Advertisement

Kyle walker could be going to villa on loan after Spurs recalled him from his QPR loan he has been a star performer for QPR since he arrived and Warnock is said to be desperate to get him back but I think he is more then capable to step it up he looks a quality player and I'd love to see him play in a good premier league team like Villa as long as it's just a loan and there is no buy clause involved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

A.C. Milan have denied receiving any bid for Ronaldinho according to SSN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

i very much doubt thats really shay given.....

Think you're correct, it's not a "verified account". The legitimate twitter accounts usually have that mark of authenticity.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Sickening about Dzeko :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Sickening about Dzeko :(

au contraire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Chris Samba wants out of Blackburn. Not happy with the new regime. At 26 he'd be a super signing for most teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Robbie Keane is in talks with Birmingham at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Chris Samba wants out of Blackburn. Not happy with the new regime. At 26 he'd be a super signing for most teams.

Arsenal will have, thank you very much :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭sonic85

gareth bales italian agent says three italian clubs are interested in him but only real madrid have the possibility of landing him in january

Advertisement