Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Transfer Gossip

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

sonic85 wrote: »
    gareth bales italian agent says three italian clubs are interested in him but only real madrid have the possibility of landing him in january
    The guy who said that, Peppino Tirri, does not work for the agency that represents Bale any more and as far as I know hasn't done for months now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭sonic85

strange - sky sports have it on their website

This is an interview with Tirri from calciomercato.it
    In light of the statements appeared in the early afternoon on the possible transfer of Gareth Bale to Juventus , Calciomercato.it wanted to make a new stock of the situation with the agent Fifa Peppino Tirri , who first to issue further comments kept us said: "I have not spoken to the agent of the player for months does not cooperate more with the agency that represents him. I was only asked for an opinion as a very active market player in England. I repeat that I see a very difficult January, while in June could be greater opportunities. " Another player pulled insistently at Juventus is Glen Johnson of Liverpool . "He has a very important assessment, even for him, I see very hard. Players of this kind is unlikely to move in January to less than deals without. Sorensen is growing, strengthening the Juve could have it at home. "
    I used google translate so excuse the bad translation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,397 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Wigan made an offer to loan Eljero Elia for 6 months according to hsv.de.

Hamburg called back the next day when they stopped laughing to reject it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Wigan made an offer to loan Eljero Elia for 6 months according to hsv.de.

Hamburg called back the next day when they stopped laughing to reject it.
    A dumb priest never got a parish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

dor83 wrote: »
    This is an interview with Tirri from calciomercato.it I used google translate so excuse the bad translation.
    Its translated properly over in the SSC.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056078403&page=3

THFC wrote: »
    That's a different interview, the one I linked to was with calciomercato.it in response to the one in the thread that you linked to. He clearly said himself that he is no longer representing Bale and has not worked for that agency for months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Ronaldinho to Blackburn :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Nottingham Forest's Kelvin Wilson is set to sign a pre-contract with Celtic. Forest will keep him as cover until the Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Santa Cruz to move to Lazio apparently

"I am talking to Lazio and I can't wait to land in Italy and wear the blue and white shirt."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Dzeko has left for England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Ben Arfa has signed a permanent deal with Newcastle, looked handy before he got injured. £5m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

smokedeels wrote: »
    Ben Arfa has signed a permanent deal with Newcastle, looked handy before he got injured. £5m

King Arfa. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Newcastle have also supposedly rejected an offer from spurs for Carroll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sunderland interested in N'Zogbia and Downing, it'll be one or the other if a signing happens.

Craig Gordon will leave in this transfer window if he doesn't sign a 2 year contract extension, it's 50/50 at the moment.

Sorry Blackburn fans, Allegri has confirmed that Ronaldinho is on his way back to Brazil.

"A life choice" he called it. Caipirinha in the sun so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Jamie O Hara injured? He should move somewhere on loan this month if he's fit

Gillington wrote: »

Just had his first training session this week after his back operation.

Newcastle have also supposedly rejected an offer from spurs for Carroll

Thank fcuk for that. There's no way we could sell him nor do I think that he wants to leave either.
    Gillington wrote: »

Wouldn't mind taking him. I said at the start of the season that he would be an ideal signing for us however I'm not sure where'd he fit in with Tiote, Nolan, Smith, Barton and Guthrie already there for that position.

In other NUFC news, Mido is linked with us.... He'd fit right in... with all the pie shops there.

Do not want even if he is free.

That_Guy wrote: »
    In other NUFC news, Mido is linked with us.... He'd fit right in... with all the pie shops there.

Do not want even if he is free.

He's an absolutely twat. Possibly the biggest mercenary in the game. When he was asked what he'd be doing if he wasn't a footballer he said something like ''probably nothing because my parents are rich anyway''.

I think everyone has clued on to what he's like by now and I can't see Newcastle or any other Premier League club touching him with a bargepole.

• Advertisement

Wasn't he on 1k a week at West Ham?

Paully D wrote: »
    He's an absolutely twat. Possibly the biggest mercenary in the game. When he was asked what he'd be doing if he wasn't a footballer he said something like ''probably nothing because my parents are rich anyway''.

I think everyone has clued on to what he's like by now and I can't see Newcastle or any other Premier League club touching him with a bargepole.

At Newcastle, anything is possible.

Wasn't he on 1k a week at West Ham?

Yes, with 'Boro still paying him the other lump of his wage which was £39,000. Don't let the £1,000 a week fool you, he was still making £40,000.

Yes, with 'Boro still paying him the other lump of his wage which was £39,000. Don't let the £1,000 a week fool you, he was still making £40,000.

And I already thought West Ham overpaid him, with his prolific scoring record of 0 goals in 9 games.

Birmingham have confirmed they are in talks to buy Keane

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Sorry Blackburn fans, Allegri has confirmed that Ronaldinho is on his way back to Brazil.

"A life choice" he called it. Caipirinha in the sun so.

Apparently he does absolutely NOTHING in training. One of the Milan players was quoted as saying that Antonio Cassano had done more running in a weeks training with Milan than Ronaldinho had done since he joined two and a half years ago.

He was fantastic in the League last year, was our Top Scorer and was the assist leader in the league, but this season he has been pretty bad. He just looks completely uninterested on the field, and when you compare that to KPB's lung busting displays week in, week out, he was never going to break into Allegri's plans

Birmingham have confirmed they are in talks to buy Keane

Good move all round. should be a very good partner for Zigic.

He looked really good back in the day with ajax until he was ran out of the club following a row with Ibrahimovic which involved a pair of scissors! Was all down hill from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Aguero just signed a 2 year extension to his Atletico contract but it now includes a lower min. fee release clause to £38 million, Chelsea have been linked with him fo ra couple years now and i cann see them getting him either now or inn the summer.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/01/05/2291276/manchester-united-and-chelsea-target-sergio-aguero-open-to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Keiran Westwood is out of contract in the Summer and is almost certainly going to move in this transfer window. The rumour is that Wigan are in for him. I hope he gets the move, because he has been top notch the few times I've seen him in a Coventry/Ireland jersey and he's just coming into the prime of his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Stephen Ireland to Monaco?! - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1344096/Monaco-prepared-swap-striker-Dieumerci-Mbokani-Aston-Villa-misfit-Stephen-Ireland.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

To be honest, I would prefer to see him in La Liga or Serie A. He could be quality for the likes of Villareal or Napoli.

Westwood to WBA would be a great move for Brom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

And I already thought West Ham overpaid him, with his prolific scoring record of 0 goals in 9 games.

Interestingly, Mido was beaten to the unofficial award that is KUMB.Com "Worst Signing Award" by "Bellies" McCarthy. On the other hand, Mido beat Big Mac to the unofficial award that is the KUMB.COM "Worst Player Award".

Mido was hopeless and disinterested. His last act as a Hammer was to push a penalty into the hands of Tim Howard at Goodison Park, in spite of the fact that West Ham's regular penalty take was on the pitch. He claimed he was so anxious to play that he would play for small potatoes. The reality was, it was the worst 20,000 Euros ever spent by West Ham. Although, it is likely that the £2.2 Million spent on Fat Boy McCarthy will ultimately take the prize.

In related news, it appears that West Ham's move for Steve Sidwell has stalled until a buyer can be found for Valon Behrami.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Stephen Ireland to Monaco?! - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1344096/Monaco-prepared-swap-striker-Dieumerci-Mbokani-Aston-Villa-misfit-Stephen-Ireland.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

To be honest, I would prefer to see him in La Liga or Serie A. He could be quality for the likes of Villareal or Napoli.
    I'l be seeing Monaco play next weekend, that could be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Seb Larsson gone to Newcastle apparently.

Odd move, Birmingham suited him I felt although he wasn't always getting game time, you'd have to imagine he'll walk into the Newcastle team ahead of Jonas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Frisbee wrote: »
    Seb Larsson gone to Newcastle apparently.

Odd move, Birmingham suited him I felt although he wasn't always getting game time, you'd have to imagine he'll walk into the Newcastle team ahead of Jonas.

I'm not sure he was very happy at Birmingham under McCleish though. I reckon he could do quite well at Newcastle and hope he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

L'prof wrote: »
    I'm not sure he was very happy at Birmingham under McCleish though. I reckon he could do quite well at Newcastle and hope he does.

It's a good signing by Pardew to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

His was not that he was unhappy but rather he wanted to be the top earner at the club which was out of the question. If Brum raised his wages they would have to raise everyone else which we can not do when our financial situation is far from clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    His was not that he was unhappy but rather he wanted to be the top earner at the club which was out of the question. If Brum raised his wages they would have to raise everyone else which we can not do when our financial situation is far from clear.

Really? I didn't think he was like that to be honest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

L'prof wrote: »
    Really? I didn't think he was like that to be honest!

He has not really thrown at strop about it, has played and acted professionally but has made it known that he will not back down from his wage demands. Birmingham just can not afford to be paying him the money he wants so unfortunately it has come to a situation that he has to leave the club. Has been a great servant for the club, I think he is one of the longest serving players at the club but we have to move on and find a new RM.

• Advertisement

Just heard David Bentley is gone to Birmingham on loan

Birmingham have had a bid accepted for Kenny Miller

amiable wrote: »
    Just heard David Bentley is gone to Birmingham on loan

Good replacement if true Bently was excellent for us at the back end of last season and has had injuries this year a move will do him the world of good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I'm sure the lifestyle on the French riviera would suit him (and his wife) down to the ground.

Good replacement if true Bently was excellent for us at the back end of last season and has had injuries this year a move will do him the world of good.
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6640882,00.html

Its true alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Kenny Miller to Brum, he'll get polite round of applause at Molineux :) Where that leaves
    Keane is another matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

greendom wrote: »
    I'm sure the lifestyle on the French riviera would suit him (and his wife) down to the ground.

The ****er is too bling for Monaco. It's a classy type of flashiness they indulge in there.

Venkeys the owners of Blackburn announced that duff will be returning to blackburn just tweeted.
    They also plan to announce the signing of "Mr Adam" this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

cson wrote: »
    The ****er is too bling for Monaco. It's a classy type of flashiness they indulge in there.

Yes you're probably right actually, Birmingham and Manchester are much more up their street.:D

Spurs also supposed to be looking at llorente on loan with a view to sign in Summer would like that a lot :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement