Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Transfer Gossip

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Stephane Sessegnon is on route to Sunderland as we speak.

A loan bid for Sully Muntari has also been lodged but there's interest from another club abroad.

Sessegnon looks like a good player, I hope we can get the deal sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Spurs also supposed to be looking at llorente on loan with a view to sign in Summer would like that a lot :)

He's be a great signing, he bangs in goals every week for Athletic. Real Madrid are supposed to be interested in him too. I doubt he would be leaving for anything less than £20 million if he does leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

MOG7 wrote: »
    He's be a great signing, he bangs in goals every week for Athletic. Real Madrid are supposed to be interested in him too. I doubt he would be leaving for anything less than £20 million if he does leave.

If Llorente does go to Real Madrid, that would increase the chances of Benzema leaving the Bernabeu - perhaps to Spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Surely there is no way such a big player would move on loan? Definitely be a great signing though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

greendom wrote: »
    If Llorente does go to Real Madrid, that would increase the chances of Benzema leaving the Bernabeu - perhaps to Spurs

Benzema won't leave in January though, even if Real sign Llorente in Jan, because Higuain is out with a long term injury.

niallo24 wrote: »
    Surely there is no way such a big player would move on loan? Definitely be a great signing though.

Loan with an option to buy. A lot of transfer in Europe are done that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Benzema won't leave in January though, even if Real sign Llorente in Jan, because Higuain is out with a long term injury.

Real already have a full 25 man squad so they'd have to lose one current player if they were to do that.

Not disagreeing just an observation :p

Real already have a full 25 man squad so they'd have to lose one current player if they were to do that.

Lassana Diarra is probably leaving. Mahamadou Diarra could be too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

there are a couple of players who could leave Real in january but Benzema won't be one of them,there is a good chance he will leave in the summer.they will make room for Llorente if needs be.Llorente looks like an excellent player and would be a great buy for spurs wont be cheap.would Andy Carroll be a better buy ?would 'nt they be a similar price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Can't see Llorente leaving for England tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Spurs also supposed to be looking at llorente on loan with a view to sign in Summer would like that a lot :)
    Can't see them letting him go on loan myself unless they pay a hefty loan fee. Though Joe Lewis is meant to be mad to splash the cash so permanent deal could be possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

Can't see Llorente going myself, he'd cost an absolute fortune anyway. Isnt he meant to be off to Madrid in the summer anyway??

Sunderland are bidding for Charlie Adam. A deal is ''on the go''.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Paully D wrote: »
    Sunderland are bidding for Charlie Adam. A deal is ''on the go''.

Birmingham were linked with him this morning and then Blackburn were linked with him at midday. Nearly certain he will move, will have a lot of interest. Have no idea where he will end up. Sunderland certainly look like the most attractive proposition for him at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

If Adam leaves, how do people think it will effect Blackpool?

• Advertisement

Quite badly. He's the heartbeat of their side and if he leaves they'll be relegated IMO. Even with him in the side I think they'll struggle to stay up as I can seem them going on a very bad run anytime from now on.

I've been reading some of their forums to see about the credibility of such a deal and it seems that Adam to Sunderland definitely has legs. They think that the owner has messed around with Adam's contract (something to do with bonuses not being paid etc) and that he might actually be able to leave for free in the summer so they either get a few £m for him now, or nothing in the summer. According to them Adam isn't happy with being messed around and he's 'only' on £8,000 a week. Sunderland could triple that in fairness so I think a deal could well happen.

If such a deal does happen, then the only thing I'm not looking forward to is hearing Holloway moaning and whinging for the rest of the season about how club(s) have ''stolen'' his players :mad: They shouldn't have messed him around with bonuses and wages then, the only person to blame would be their owner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

cson wrote: »
    Can't see Llorente leaving for England tbh.

Llorente has a €36 buy-out clause, it will be something very close to that if he goes to Real or Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Morf wrote: »
    Llorente has a €36 buy-out clause, it will be something very close to that if he goes to Real or Barca.

Sure I might buy him in that case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

MR NINE wrote: »
    Sure I might buy him in that case
    You won't get, I already put in a wildly overpriced €50 bid!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Never mind that, how will it affect my FF team...? :(

• Advertisement

Reports circulating that Muntari has signed on loan for Sunderland.

From Eurosport

"Big-spending Malaga expect to sign Real Madrid midfielder Mahamadou Diarra, River Plate star Diego Buonanotte and Ajax's Urby Emanuelson."

Buonanotte would be a brilliant signing for any team, people might remember him more for this http://www.thefinalthird.com/diego-buonanotte-charged-with-manslaughter/

I can't find any other news on it after this though.

Malaga are making some very nice signings.

From Eurosport

"Big-spending Malaga expect to sign Real Madrid midfielder Mahamadou Diarra, River Plate star Diego Buonanotte and Ajax's Urby Emanuelson."

Buonanotte would be a brilliant signing for any team, people might remember him more for this http://www.thefinalthird.com/diego-buonanotte-charged-with-manslaughter/

I can't find any other news on it after this though.

Malaga are making some very nice signings.

Don't see the point in buying some one that has a court-case coming up that potentially see him go to jail for 10 years, unless he has already been cleared?

THFC wrote: »
    Don't see the point in buying some one that has a court-case coming up that potentially see him go to jail for 10 years, unless he has already been cleared?

Just looked more into it and it looks like he was acquited, i had presumed that they would not have been signing him unless the court case was over.

http://momento24.com/en/2010/11/26/diego-buonanotte-was-acquitted-in-the-case-of-the-death-of-his-three-friends/

Diarra and Emanuelson would both be good signings too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

SSN reporting that Villa have had a £2.5 million bid for Charlie Adam rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

£2.5mil??

I would have thought he be valued at about 3X that amount. The matches I have seen him play he has been immense. Its not like he is in his thirties either, hes 25.
    Is his contract up in the summer??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah his contract is up in the summer. I think it will take £4.5 million to get him though as there are a number of clubs interested. Thing is that from Charlie Adam's point of view with all the interest he might see it as waiting until the summer is better for him now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Burner- wrote: »
    £2.5mil??

I would have thought he be valued at about 3X that amount. The matches I have seen him play he has been immense. Its not like he is in his thirties either, hes 25.
    Is his contract up in the summer??

According to wikipedia he signed a 2 year deal in August 2009 which had an option for a further year ( don't know who can activate that) so basically it is up soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

surprised there's been no talk of shay given leaving city yet. anyone hear anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

If Beckham is only going to be training with Spurs how come he had to do a medical this morning :confused:

• Advertisement

dubmick wrote: »
    If Beckham is only going to be training with Spurs how come he had to do a medical this morning :confused:
    Probably for fitness and Gym coaches to know where they need to streghten and where he needs to build up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

dubmick wrote: »

I think that New York Red Bulls are forcing Spurs too take out an insurance policy against him getting injured. Guessing that it might be a requirement of the insurance company?

I think that New York Red Bulls are forcing Spurs too take out an insurance policy against him getting injured. Guessing that it might be a requirement of the insurance company?

thats amazing because he plays for LA galaxy bud (joke), henry plays fo new york red bulls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    SSN reporting that Villa have had a £2.5 million bid for Charlie Adam rejected.

Awful cheeky bid. It would be worth much more than £2.5 million if Blackpool stay up and let Adam go for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Seb Larsson to Newcastle is most likely to be done this week. 1.5 million I'd imagine the price will be.

Surely will have to play on the left. Routledge, Ben Arfa and Gosling play there.

Might give Jonas a kick up the hole if he plans to play him on the left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

surprised there's been no talk of shay given leaving city yet. anyone hear anything?

There's some talk of him going to Italy, he didn't even get into the squad that played Leicester yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

From Eurosport

Malaga must have the biggest team in La Liga at this stage. All the money in the world but they're still rubbish though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

smokedeels wrote: »
    There's some talk of him going to Italy, he didn't even get into the squad that played Leicester yesterday.

He was in the squad according to BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/9341729.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Sorry, bad wording on my part, I meant he didn't start, you would have thought he'd at least get games in matches like that, Jo, Vieira and Wright-Phillips all started.

• Advertisement

Beckham had a full medical normally only given to a player signing for us.

Rumours today we're in for Bayerns Mario Gomez

He'd hardly leave Bayern?? Anyways I'd rather he stays put tbh..

I'd agree with THFC, if i was a Spurs fan i'd be hoping he'd be staying at Bayern too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Really? He has 20 goals in 24 appearances this season. Spurs' highest scorer in recent times was Defoe with 24. I dunno if there's any truth to the story, but I don't see why ye're being so dismissive about a striker who scores goal every other game!

L'prof wrote: »
    Really? He has 20 goals in 24 appearances this season. Spurs' highest scorer in recent times was Defoe with 24. I dunno if there's any truth to the story, but I don't see why ye're being so dismissive about a striker who scores goal every other game!

Ye true, its probably the slow start he made when he signed for Bayern that has me doubting him, that could be expected after just signing for a new club though. Saying that it is his style of play that i mainly don't like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Bayern paid 35 mil. for him, and they won't let him go for less then they paid for him. I don't think Tottenham could afford him, tbh (Transfer Fee wise).

Bayern doesn't need the money, and usually only let players go if someone pays over the odds (see hargraves). If they want to keep a player, then they usually stay (Ribery, Lahm, Schweinsteiger etc.).

smokedeels wrote: »

given would want to get of his hole and come out and say he wants to move like he did at the start of the season.

i hope given is not going to be another carlo cudicini happy to sit on the bench as long as he gets his wages.

a keeper as good as given needs to be at a big club, perfect signing for arsenal or united.

given would want to get of his hole and come out and say he wants to move like he did at the start of the season.

i hope given is not going to be another carlo cudicini happy to sit on the bench as long as he gets his wages.

a keeper as good as given needs to be at a big club, perfect signing for arsenal or united.

He has said a lot of times that he is not happy being a no. 2. His dedication to playing every Ireland match no matter how big or samll shows just how much he wants to play. I will be surprised and dissapointed if he does not get a move away this month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

I agree with the sentiment but not the part in bold. He wouldn't be the perfect signing for either of those clubs because [a] They'll get max 2 years out of him at the level he's at - he's very injury prone for a keeper and then they're back to square one again and Personally I don't think he's good enough for either - that's not saying Shay isn't a good keeper, he is, rather it's saying United and Arsenal could do better.

cson wrote: »
    I agree with the sentiment but not the part in bold. He wouldn't be the perfect signing for either of those clubs because [a] They'll get max 2 years out of him at the level he's at - he's very injury prone for a keeper and then they're back to square one again and Personally I don't think he's good enough for either - that's not saying Shay isn't a good keeper, he is, rather it's saying United and Arsenal could do better.

how old is given now?

• Advertisement
Advertisement