Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Transfer Gossip

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

We're linked with Ziani.

http://eurorivals.net/transfer-rumours/karim-ziani-to-newcastle-jets.html

I know it's 12 days ago but it's making the rounds on Twitter.. Must be true so eh? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

That_Guy wrote: »
    We're linked with Ziani.

http://eurorivals.net/transfer-rumours/karim-ziani-to-newcastle-jets.html

I know it's 12 days ago but it's making the rounds on Twitter.. Must be true so eh? :pac:
    We are linked with him too. But so are they so they say

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

MR NINE wrote: »
    Suppose I could have figured it out, I was trying to think of a Spurs full back called Charlie/Charles.

I think he played for Arsenal

I don't get Spurs fascination with left backs. They buy up a load of them (Hutton, Corluka, Naughton, Walker...), farm them out and then get some more in :confused:

I think he played for Arsenal

I don't get Spurs fascination with left backs. They buy up a load of them (Hutton, Corluka, Naughton, Walker...), farm them out and then get some more in :confused:
    Did you mean Right backs?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

amiable wrote: »
    Did you mean Right backs?

I did, and I can't blame that on a typo.

• Advertisement

I did, and I can't blame that on a typo.
    Just call it creative writing;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Fee agreed for Keane to go to Birmingham personal terms still to be trashed out and not 100% going through yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

We are linked with him too. But so are they so they say

He has been loaned to Kayserispor in Turkey.

pienaar in talks with spurs but where would he play? What would he add?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

pienaar in talks with spurs but where would he play? What would he add?

Well Everton have accepted a bid from an unnamed team....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Well Everton have accepted a bid from an unnamed team....

Didn't I hear on Off the Ball that Chelsea had a bid accepted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

flahavaj wrote: »

couldnt agree personal terms with chelsea , he lookin for 70k+ a week

he wont get that at spurs

Sky sports news earlier today said Chelsea had a bid of around 3million accepted but the move broke down after he talked to Chelsea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

He must be looking for a serious wedge of cash, or else Roman's tightened the purse strings. You'd think a player like Pienaar would jump at the chance to go to Chelsea.

He must be looking for a serious wedge of cash, or else Roman's tightened the purse strings. You'd think a player like Pienaar would jump at the chance to go to Chelsea.
    Sky were also saying a couple of days ago that Spurs were offering 70k a week.
    I think the draw for moving abroad is the lower rate of tax in Spain. Not sure if its as low in Italy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

He probably just wants to run down his contract and get a big signing on fee.If Everton accept a bid ,he has nothing to lose by meeting the clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

Suarez is crap, the next Afonso Alves

EI111 wrote: »
    On what basis do you make that statement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

some villa ones...

makoun done, medical passed and conditional work permit awarded, itll be monday before he's registered though
    warnock out on loan to liverpool with figueroa coming from wigan for £5m
    houllier stayed in france to talk to emir spahic after the makoun negotiations
    £15m striker deal being done very very quietly, and a big one that'll shock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

Don't think Villa should be loaning players to our relegation rivals, even if he's crap. Sell him instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

You talking about the Benzema rumour?

also, why cant people just put whatever gossip they hear up instead of trying to sound like they in the know?

if he costs them as many goals as he costs us then its a great deal for villa

id even pay them a few grand to take him

kryogen wrote: »
    You talking about the Benzema rumour?

no
    also, why cant people just put whatever gossip they hear up instead of trying to sound like they in the know?

is that aimed at me? where exactly did i make it seem like i was in the know? i did exactly what you said there, and posted some villa gossip:confused:

Helix wrote: »
    some villa ones...

makoun done, medical passed and conditional work permit awarded, itll be monday before he's registered though

it was aimed at you, but not just you, apologies if im wide of the mark here, but can you clarify the bolded bits then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Robbie Keane :D

Villa gonna do a pool on it;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

it was aimed at you, but not just you, apologies if im wide of the mark here, but can you clarify the bolded bits then?

Just a rumour, no name yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Yakubu!..and right from under Leicester's noses.:pac:

i cant clarify it, thats the gossip - just as its written

exactly what i posted, which is the point of the thread

you see, when you said, a deal being done very very quietly and a big one that will shock i thought it was your own words you were using

apologies

• Advertisement

you see, when you said, a deal being done very very quietly and a big one that will shock i thought it was your own words you were using

apologies

sure if i knew who it was id say it, its not classified government information like lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Attacking wingbacks are the sh*t. It's what makes us play the sexiest football in the Prem (never mind North London...).

sure if i knew who it was id say it, its not classified government information like lol
    Could be adebayor or given GED's like of French players Gignac, Loic Remy, Kevin Gaimero ?

i dunno if any of them would be the massive shock being talked about by people who know the name though, thats the intrigueing thing about it imo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

by the way guys its not like Helix is trying to post all his info all itknowy but I think his info comes from some of the only reliable itks as regards Villa where it seems there has been huge activity both in trying to bring players in and ship them out the past few weeks. Who knows what will happen much of it will not happen but its an interesting time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I know people were talkin about benzema to villa yesterday. I just lol'd very hard

• Advertisement

racso1975 wrote: »
    I know people were talkin about benzema to villa yesterday. I just lol'd very hard

so did Houlier iirc, fairly sure he personally rubbished those rumours, not to say he isnt working on another surprise move though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The one thing that is really surprising me is the low figures that are being offered for Charlie Adam. He is only 25 and people think a club is going to get him for £4 million? I don't and I think Blackpool would be very foolish to accept a bid like that. He is worth much more to them if they hold onto him for the rest of his contract imo. I'd have expected £8 million minimum to be the figure being bandied about for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

That Makoun from Lyon? If so that's a great signing.

some villa ones...

Houllier was in Birmingham yesterday

Frisbee wrote: »

the very same. Type of player Villa have needed for a while and what id say a lot hoped NRC would develop into when he was first signed for a big fee a few years back.
    BBC wrote:
    Aston Villa target Jean Makoun set for medical
    Jean Makoun
    Makoun is Houllier's top transfer target in January

Aston Villa moved closer to signing Jean Makoun on Friday after Lyon allowed their midfielder to fly to the Midlands for a medical.

Villa manager Gerard Houllier revealed on Wednesday that he was working on a deal to sign the Cameroon international from his former club in a £6m deal.

"The transfer depends on the medical and the player reaching an agreement with the club," read a Lyon statement.

"Makoun could be a good asset because he is experienced," said Houllier.

"He has played in the Champions League with Lille and Lyon. He is exactly what we need at times."

Houllier is looking to strengthen his squad in a bid to lead Villa away from the Premier League relegation zone.

606: DEBATE
    I think this is (will be) a brilliant signing from Houllier

Im a Wally

The Villans are currently 18th in the table, although only three points separate the bottom seven teams.

Meanwhile, Chris Herd has signed a new three-and-a-half year contract with Villa.

The 21-year-old, who made his Premier League debut against Manchester United earlier this season and can play in central midfield or at full-back, is the latest graduate of Villa's academy to commit his immediate future to the club.

Herd scored a hat-trick from full-back for Villa's reserves in a 10-1 drubbing of Arsenal last Monday.

He said: "When I got offered the contract, it wasn't a difficult decision to make at all.

"A few of the other boys have done really well and have all signed contracts so it is nice to follow in their footsteps."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Attacking full backs who can defend properly imo are one of the rarest players out there. Extremely hard to find, but essential for a team that is trying to break down other teams on a weekly basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Frisbee wrote: »

Super signing for Aston villa at that price. Anytime i saw him play i have been very impressed.

Houllier was in Birmingham yesterday

yeah but he was in france the day before, and did the makoun talks the day before that

eagle eye wrote: »
    The one thing that is really surprising me is the low figures that are being offered for Charlie Adam. He is only 25 and people think a club is going to get him for £4 million? I don't and I think Blackpool would be very foolish to accept a bid like that. He is worth much more to them if they hold onto him for the rest of his contract imo. I'd have expected £8 million minimum to be the figure being bandied about for him.

£8m would be nonsense

he's played in the premiership for 6 months, before that he had a stint in scotland as his only top flight experience. £5m absolute maximum, and then its a HUGE risk for the buying club. he could so easily be another steve sidwell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

On what basis do you make that statement?

The basis of watching him play, seeing that he is often overweight, has zero vision, passes the ball way less than he should. He is not good enough for the premiership. He wasn't even good at the world cup but he scored 3 goals so people raved about him. He was actually crap

The basis of watching him play, seeing that he is often overweight, has zero vision, passes the ball way less than he should. He is not good enough for the premiership. He wasn't even good at the world cup but he scored 3 goals so people raved about him. He was actually crap
    Well that's your opinion mate and you are quite entitled to it but i have to say i completely disagree. I think he looks a good player with an eye for goal. So apart from scoring goals at the world cup he was terrible.
    I suppose in the 38 games he's played for Uruguay he's been crap apart from the 16 goals he's scored.
    The 110 goals he's scored for Ajax don't count either cos apart from those goals he was crap too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Bit mental tbh.
    Overweight, I have never seen him that heavy maybe a bit of a belly but the best striker in the world the past 20 years Ronaldo sure he had a a bit of a belly they say.
    Has zero vision, he's a striker, midfielders are there for passing.
    Passes the ball less than he should, again he's a striker why would I want him passing it, sure he has crap vision apparently he probably wouldn't even pick the right pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,397 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Ruud will be departing Hamburg to go back to Real if they are willing to pay. Ruud wants to go back, Real want him but they can feck off if they think he'll be leaving on loan/for free. We'll have no fit striker if he leaves.

Plenty of sources out there and I wasn't concerned till his post match interview tonight when he didn't deny he wanted to leave. Pretty pi**ed off now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Ruud will be departing Hamburg to go back to Real if they are willing to pay. Ruud wants to go back, Real want him but they can feck off if they think he'll be leaving on loan/for free. We'll have no fit striker if he leaves.

Plenty of sources out there and I wasn't concerned till his post match interview tonight when he didn't deny he wanted to leave. Pretty pi**ed off now.

didn't see the interview but had heard he had demanded the move ,he would be a huge loss for hamburg.what transfer fee could they expect to get for him?

• Advertisement
Advertisement