Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Transfer Gossip

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Rumours that Pienaar is going to Chelsea instead of Inter.

Not the biggest fan.

Chelsea also linked with Luiz, Gibon and Alexis Sanchez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

amiable wrote: »
    Well that's your opinion mate and you are quite entitled to it but i have to say i completely disagree. I think he looks a good player with an eye for goal. So apart from scoring goals at the world cup he was terrible.
    I suppose in the 38 games he's played for Uruguay he's been crap apart from the 16 goals he's scored.
    The 110 goals he's scored for Ajax don't count either cos apart from those goals he was crap too?

Well the top teams in the eredivisie would not be top 6 teams in the premiership, the bottom teams in the eredivisie are league 1 standard in my opinion.
    And yes, i think there is more to strikers than scoring goals, what about all those misses that could have been goals had the ball been passed to someone in better position.
    Anyway no point arguing I'll just have a significant bet on him not scoring goals if he ever does come to the premiership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Lukker- wrote: »
    Rumours that Pienaar is going to Chelsea instead of Inter.

Not the biggest fan.

Chelsea also linked with Luiz, Gibon and Alexis Sanchez.

Am I the only one who thinks Pienaar is absolutely brutal? So shocked at these big clubs trying to sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks Pienaar is absolutely brutal? So shocked at these big clubs trying to sign him.

If you have one opinion and the decision makers at several of the biggest clubs in Europe have another, it's fairly safe to assume you're wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

EI111 wrote: »
    Well the top teams in the eredivisie would not be top 6 teams in the premiership, the bottom teams in the eredivisie are league 1 standard in my opinion.
    And yes, i think there is more to strikers than scoring goals, what about all those misses that could have been goals had the ball been passed to someone in better position.
    Anyway no point arguing I'll just have a significant bet on him not scoring goals if he ever does come to the premiership.
    Yes because debating it would be against the ethos of Boards.
    I seem to remember a certain Ruud Van Nistleroy scoring lots of goals in Hollandand Van Basten. They weren't too bad and if Suarez was half as good as Van Basten he'd be value in the current market

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

amiable wrote: »
    Yes because debating it would be against the ethos of Boards.
    I seem to remember a certain Ruud Van Nistleroy scoring lots of goals in Hollandand Van Basten. They weren't too bad and if Suarez was half as good as Van Basten he'd be value in the current market

Fair enough but there are also kezman and afonso alves on the flipside.

Whats to debate, I think he would be a flop, you don't. What next?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

EI111 wrote: »
    Fair enough but there are also kezman and afonso alves on the flipside.

Whats to debate, I think he would be a flop, you don't. What next?

You could easily name flops from every league on the planet, doesn't mean every league is crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

The following quotes from Luis Suarez appeared on SSN today

"If I move I want to join a real football club where they play good, attacking football"

"I've an obsession to win trophies. I am a South American with the mentality to win."

So, we can rule out a move to Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

smokedeels wrote: »
    The following quotes from Luis Suarez appeared on SSN today

"If I move I want to join a real football club where they play good, attacking football"

"I've an obsession to win trophies. I am a South American with the mentality to win."

So, we can rule out a move to Liverpool.

You're gona look sooooooo stupid when we win the Europa League :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭henke

Hi

Anyone know what kinda fee is being mentioned for Suarez? Also, do Liverpool have funds available for transfers now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I honestly have been underwhelmed whenever I have seen Suarez play tbh and cringe when Man United get linked to him. May not be a popular opinion here it seems, but there ya go!

I don't know if Suarez is that good really but he could come in handy if your team is under pressure and you need a goal line clearance.

Suarez reminds me alot of Tevez, he's a pretty tireless worker, although he's not as technically god as Tevez he has similiar physical attributes as well. Would be a great addition to the PL imo, he can play up front on his own or in a support role from the wing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Darren Bent is on his way to Villa for talks according to a few journos. 18 million pound transfer fee!

Where was that money for MON?

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Darren Bent is on his way to Villa for talks according to a few journos. 18 million pound transfer fee!

Can't see that move happening tbh.

Looks like Bent forced his way out with a trasnfer request too.

Crazy money. Especially for Villa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

For one that is alot for Bent, good business for Sunderland if it is true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Can't see that move happening tbh.

If he heads for talks I can see it happening, Sunderland would be silly to turn down the £18million that is being talked about,

I'm thinking it might end up involving Downing in the deal,

and Sunderland would hope to go after Welbeck with the remaining money.

How he has managed to go up in value since his last move is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭slingerz

If he heads for talks I can see it happening, Sunderland would be silly to turn down the £18million that is being talked about,

I'm thinking it might end up involving Downing in the deal,

and Sunderland would hope to go after Welbeck with the remaining money.

Downing was linked with Liverpool yesterday I believe so he might be going somewhere.

How he has managed to go up in value since his last move is beyond me.

24 PL goals last term probably helped.

24 PL goals last term probably helped.

But he's also two years older and has always scored goals in the Premiership. 18 million is crazy money so Randy must just not have trust O'Neill with his war chest.

slingerz wrote: »
    Downing was linked with Liverpool yesterday I believe so he might be going somewhere.

He has been linked with Sunderland a few times of late, and fits the bill for what they need, plus he is from the North East which helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

But he's also two years older and has always scored goals in the Premiership. 18 million is crazy money so Randy must just not have trust O'Neill with his war chest.

Silly season is well and truly on now...

I agree that it's crazy money, but he should be just coming into his prime and it seems more reasonable then the £16.5m Spurs paid for him back in 2007.

He's cost more than £50m in transfer fee's in his career, not bad for such an average footballer. He must love those signing-on fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

If I was Bruce I'd sign Robbie keane for half of what he gets for Darren Bent . This could kick a merry go round off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Crazy stuff from Bent, considering the league placing of both clubs, probably a wage thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

its not £18m cash

its £10m plus ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

If Bruce wants Leon Best, he'll have to pay top dollar.

• Advertisement

smokedeels wrote: »
    Crazy stuff from Bent, considering the league placing of both clubs, probably a wage thing.

we wont offer more than £55k

i assume he's looking at the bigger picture rather than just this season

But he's also two years older

hes 26 ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I find it strange that Best would want a move tbh. Sunderland are 2 or 3 players short of grabbing a Europa League place imo.

Helix wrote: »
    hes 26 ffs

He'll prob be 27 before he makes his first start.

He'll prob be 27 before he makes his first start.

either way, hes ideally suited to villa. shouldve signed him 2 years ago, but the clown in charge at the time decided we didnt need him

hes 26 ffs

So that means he's two years older than when he left Spurs right? I'd value a striker higher at 24 than at 26 given the obvious and the fact that he hasn't actually improved much if at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,469 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Darren Bent to Villa.

Michael Owen to Sunderland (rumoured at the weekend) could be on the cards. Would mean United would have to bring someone in though.

According to a United fan on twitter (Yolkie from 7Cantonas and formerly Stretford-End.com) had said previously that he heard from a very reliable source that United had agreed a deal for Jordan Henderson and that Benzema would be brought in if we could find a buyer for Owen.

Don't see it happening though - Madrid can't afford to let Benzema go at the moment for starters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

its not £18m cash

its £10m plus ireland
    Any confirmation of this?

So that means he's two years older than when he left Spurs right? I'd value a striker higher at 24 than at 26 given the obvious and the fact that he hasn't actually improved much if at all.

he wasnt played all that much for spurs, but scored goals when he did. then moved to sunderland and scored for fun

how can you maintain his price shouldnt have gone up? he's just coming into his peak

and anyway, its £10m cash - the same amount sunderland paid

• Advertisement

Any confirmation of this?

nope, none yet

but thats what the deal being mooted yesterday when it broke was, seen nothing to suggest its changed

Darren Bent to Villa.

Michael Owen to Sunderland (rumoured at the weekend) could be on the cards. Would mean United would have to bring someone in though.

According to a United fan on twitter (Yolkie from 7Cantonas and formerly Stretford-End.com) had said previously that he heard from a very reliable source that United had agreed a deal for Jordan Henderson and that Benzema would be brought in if we could find a buyer for Owen.

Don't see it happening though - Madrid can't afford to let Benzema go at the moment for starters.

The Sunderland board and Bruce would have to go into hiding if as you suggest,

Bent goes,

Owen comes in,

and Henderson will leave eventually.

Welbeck going full time would appease the fans a little bit.

Truth is though Bent has not looked happy all season. A combination of Jones gone, not gelling with Gyan and other rumours of his car being thrashed and getting slated by fans at times. If he is not happy let him go, especially given the money quoted.

I don't think Villa would spend that much on him tbh, I'd see it as some cash and Downing/Ireland both of whom would appeal to Sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

nope, none yet

but thats what the deal being mooted yesterday when it broke was, seen nothing to suggest its changed
    I hope its true, Get rid of Ireland and get a dacent striker at the same time. As the old saying goes get two birds stoned at once.

I don't think Villa would spend that much on him tbh, I'd see it as some cash and Downing/Ireland both of whom would appeal to Sunderland.

downings been our best player, he wont go anywhere unless we can get ashley young to commit to a new deal and play on the left

I hope its true, Get rid of Ireland and get a dacent striker at the same time. As the old saying goes get two birds stoned at once.

plus they'll both be on the same wage (£55k - our cap), so no increase to the wage bill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Darren Bent to Villa.

Don't want any of that happening. Owen to Sunderland isn't bad if we bring in another striker. Yolkie was b/s about Henderson though and tbh I don't want us to buy him either. I don't rate him that much. Hamsik, Pastore or Ilicic would all be far better value for money.

Who will Sunderland bring in if they sell Bent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Bent's transfer could begin a merry go round of transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,469 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Le King wrote: »
    Don't want any of that happening. Owen to Sunderland isn't bad if we bring in another striker. Yolkie was b/s about Henderson though and tbh I don't want us to buy him either. I don't rate him that much. Hamsik, Pastore or Ilicic would all be far better value for money.

Who will Sunderland bring in if they sell Bent?

don't think Pastore would be a good fit for United. We are not set up for him. Not so sure on Ilicic, can he play CM? Hamsik does an int. level but not that well, still young and leardning - could adapt. Henerderson would be one for the future, a promising CM player, I wouldn't mind him signed. But that is more of a discussion for the United thread (merits of signing an AMC etc)

he wasnt played all that much for spurs, but scored goals when he did. then moved to sunderland and scored for fun

how can you maintain his price shouldnt have gone up? he's just coming into his peak

and anyway, its £10m cash - the same amount sunderland paid

I just don't agree that he's worth the same/more as he was two years ago, no biggie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Bent's transfer could begin a merry go round of transfers.

Agreed, certainly would kick start the window.

What about Van Bommel to Spurs or Liverpool?

Suarez to Liverpool won't happen IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Le King wrote: »
    Agreed, certainly would kick start the window.

What about Van Bommel to Spurs or Liverpool?

Suarez to Liverpool won't happen IMO.
    Rafa said today he think he could add a lot to the squad so maybe could happen

• Advertisement
Advertisement