Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 127-Thinking Ahead

• 21-11-2010 10:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

I'm moving to oz in January and just realised when Sots said it last night, there will be another UFC from Australia on February 27th in Sydney. Heading to Melbourne though, but I would be willing to fly up to see my first UFC! Especially as it shouldn't be a lame card like they usually stick on for the UK.

Is it worth joining the fight club to get the presale, has anyone done it before and how much is it?

The last one sold out in Sydney, so would liek to get in early and get tickets.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I've been in FC for 5 years, since it started, i downgraded to the smaller package as just use my mates codes for presale.

FC has changed a lot, it no longer guarantees ya good tickets, just some tickets, as so many are members.

It does give access to a Q&A and a free poster before the weigh ins.

The forums are a pain in the hole, full of Canadian gobshites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

scudzilla wrote: »
    I've been in FC for 5 years, since it started, i downgraded to the smaller package as just use my mates codes for presale.

FC has changed a lot, it no longer guarantees ya good tickets, just some tickets, as so many are members.

It does give access to a Q&A and a free poster before the weigh ins.

The forums are a pain in the hole, full of Canadian gobshites

Might join it so if it will guarantee me at least 2 tickets! must look into it as after the next UFC, I'm sure the fight card will start filling up and tickets go on sale. how much is the cheapest package that will get you some tickets scud?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

sonic.trip wrote: »
    Might join it so if it will guarantee me at least 2 tickets! must look into it as after the next UFC, I'm sure the fight card will start filling up and tickets go on sale. how much is the cheapest package that will get you some tickets scud?

Card so far is

Bisping v Rivera
    BJ Penn v Jon Fitch
    Sot v Denis Siver

2 packages, $70 & $35, the bigger one gets ya presale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The influx from WEC lower weights has to be considered too. There could potentially be some serious cards for future UFC's

tickets go on sale thursday for UFC 127. Don't really fancy paying $75 for access to the presale on tuesday but if I don't they would prob sell out would they? the last Sydney event sold out

• Advertisement

tickets go on sale thursday for UFC 127. Don't really fancy paying $75 for access to the presale on tuesday but if I don't they would prob sell out would they? the last Sydney event sold out

Depends how long your going to wait. You'd get them that day.

Depends how long your going to wait. You'd get them that day.

might just bite the bullet so. I know ticket prices depend on who is fighting and where you sit, but how much would I be expecting to pay for a seat not miles down the back but not up the front where it costs $$$$$

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

might just bite the bullet so. I know ticket prices depend on who is fighting and where you sit, but how much would I be expecting to pay for a seat not miles down the back but not up the front where it costs $$$$$

Iknow someone on OZ who went to the last one.I'll find out what they cost for the last one

dave1982 wrote: »
    Iknow someone on OZ who went to the last one.I'll find out what they cost for the last one

that would be great. Thanks mate

Can't get through to him emailed him no reply yet.Tickets on sale thursday anyway.Think its 50 75 125 250 500.

Heard 125 250 are actually the worst as they be on level.People standing in front of you etc.

Saying that knew some one who bought ringside said waste of money cause if they go to the ground on the far side you can't see them:rolleyes:

Think most people watch the screen anyway.I did when i went to 93

• Advertisement

thanks dave i appreciate it, sure i might join the fight club anyway and by the 75 ones tues. Seen as i will only be in oz a month the funds wont be great. At least the tickets are not crazy money, will have to get flights up from melbourne too

no prob but would be weird going to see it on a Sunday morning in OZ:eek:

dave1982 wrote: »
    no prob but would be weird going to see it on a Sunday morning in OZ:eek:

Never thought of that, that would be pretty weird. you would have to get pints into you at 9am or something :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Never thought of that, that would be pretty weird. you would have to get pints into you at 9am or something :)

Pints at 9 am is standard in Oz, and watching the UFC early in the day isn't that weird. All events are on at 1pm australia time or so you get used to it.

Mellor wrote: »
    Pints at 9 am is standard in Oz, and watching the UFC early in the day isn't that weird. All events are on at 1pm australia time or so you get used to it.

Mellor, where you at UFC 110? just wondering what time UFC 127 would start at, 9am is it? If I'm to get these presale tickets tonight, I wanted to research flights and stuff etc.

For anyone interested fight club presale is happening at 12pm AEDT, which by my calculations os 3.00am GMT tonight/tomorrow.

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=UFC11

Diamond = $550
    Platinum = $400
    Premium = $275
    Gold = $175
    Silver = $100
    Bronze = $75

Does anyone know what the silver tickets would be like? the funds won't be great as I am saving every penny to emigrate in January and don't want to be spending loads of money as I will have to get flights and accomodation and will only just have arrived.

I don't want to be ringside but not at the back in a corner, so I'm thinking silver or would I be better splashing out on the gold for a much better view and spend the extra $75? will have to buy the fight club membership too, so its a lot of $$$ to travel up for

EDIT: Just found this

sfx50398.gif

Mellor, where you at UFC 110? just wondering what time UFC 127 would start at, 9am is it? If I'm to get these presale tickets tonight, I wanted to research flights and stuff etc.

Yeah I was there. It will start about 1pm I think. With the ME on about 4 or 5.
    Fight club starts in 30 mins (you don't buy through the tickettek website, its through the fight club).

Anybody have the UFC newsletter for tomorrows code?

Yeah I was there. It will start about 1pm I think. With the ME on about 4 or 5.
    Fight club starts in 30 mins (you don't buy through the tickettek website, its through the fight club).

Anybody have the UFC newsletter for tomorrows code?

Hi Mellor,

I decided against paying the money for the fightclub as I'm saving on such a tight budget for january. I want to try get gold tickets-the $100 in tomorrows presale.

The code is: AUSSIE

I got it in the newlater today.

sonic

Nice one, I got stuck with bronze last year and was fine. Everything sold out v.quick, the website gets some bashing once they go public

Nice one, I got stuck with bronze last year and was fine. Everything sold out v.quick, the website gets some bashing once they go public

will get on the case straight away tomorrow so, thanks fo the tip

• Advertisement

Mellor:

found this online: presale fightclub code

12RU1MUD29WR

however its diamond and platinum allocation are gone and the rest are single seats only except for bronze level.

so think I will go online later and try get silver for the UFC newletter presale

Hmm, there was a huge turn out to meet the fighters yesterday, got there at 6 (it started at 6) and it was at least 2.5 hrs before I got to the top of the queue

looks like it'll sell out fast again, time to get one to newsletter fast

Hmm, there was a huge turn out to meet the fighters yesterday, got there at 6 (it started at 6) and it was at least 2.5 hrs before I got to the top of the queue

looks like it'll sell out fast again, time to get one to newsletter fast

what type of tickets are you looking to get mate?

silver or gold, i'll see what's available. I don't want to pat 175 for seats near the back of the gold section, if I can get front of gold/silver I will go for them

silver or gold, i'll see what's available. I don't want to pat 175 for seats near the back of the gold section, if I can get front of gold/silver I will go for them

same as myself, will be at the ready in an hours time :D

just got silver tickets :D

EDIT: and now only single seats available in silver and gold

got held up and its acting up now

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUu

ok, so i got some tickets, but only bronze

not too bad, i'll try get gold or silver tomorrow on general release, either way i won't be stuck with them

• Advertisement

ok, so i got some tickets, but only bronze

not too bad, i'll try get gold or silver tomorrow on general release, either way i won't be stuck with them

If you get on first thing tomorrow you should get them no problem, I got 2 first try at 10.01

i was at the PC at 10 too, just had a **** laod of urgent things to go.

i'm good, currently have 2 sets of 2 bronze, and a single silver.

I'll try get gold or silver tomorrow and sell these later on.

Pretty complete card now put up on UFC.com, hopefully it stays like this

Welterweight bout: B.J. Penn vs. Jon Fitch
    Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs. Jorge Rivera
    Lightweight bout: George Sotiropoulos vs. Dennis Siver
    Welterweight bout: Carlos Condit vs. Chris Lytle
    Middleweight bout: Kyle Noke vs. Chris Camozzi

Preliminary card
    Light Heavyweight bout: James Te-Huna vs. Alexander Gustafsson
    Light Heavyweight bout: Anthony Perosh vs. Tom Blackledge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Condit/Lytle is easily going to fight of the night.

Fromvert wrote: »
    Condit/Lytle is easily going to fight of the night.

should be a cracker alright,

The following fights have been confirmed by reliable sources, but not yet added to ufc.com.

BJ penn is the underdog in this fight, he's priced at 7/5 and fitch 4/7. I find that hard to believe after his ko over hughes

• Advertisement

Huges was/is on the way out. (Laddies have BJ slightly better at 29/20)

Fitch is hugely underated, one loss in his last 22 fights, to GSP (his only UFC loss), 23-3-1 overall. Gonna be a great fight.

I'm more surprised are Gray Maynard being fav over Edgar for 125

Huges was/is on the way out. (Laddies have BJ slightly better at 29/20)

Fitch is hugely underated, one loss in his last 22 fights, to GSP (his only UFC loss), 23-3-1 overall. Gonna be a great fight.

I'm more surprised are Gray Maynard being fav over Edgar for 125

Hughes had been winning fights and doing well before the BJ fight though. I think fitch is a great fighter, looked at his record on wiki there yesterday and noticed that. I still didn't think he would be the favourite going into it even if BJ is fighting in welterweight.

I was suprised by maynard as favourite too, they must think he is going to wrestle frankie to the ground

Advertisement