Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell U3011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Shtanto

Black Friday is right around the corner, and cyber monday is coming after that.

Weight (panel only - for VESA mount)
    9.3 kg (20.40 lbs)
    Weight (with packaging)
    15.3kg (33.76lbs)
    Dimensions (W x D x H): 694.5 x 211.3 x 481.3 mm ~ 571.3 mm (27.34”x8.32”x18.95” ~ 22.50”)

Yes, it's heavy. Having Aunt Gertrude ship it over from the States might not be possible. I haven't worked out shipping costs transatlantic for a 15.3kg box of this size, but even if the exchange rates mean I pay €1000 for the monitor, I could easily wind up with the same bill after shipping and taxes from America.

Now I know ye the fine boards readers have a few gems of knowledge on this sort of thing. Are there any tips you'd like to share for shipping things out of America?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

USPS is by FAR the cheapest service IIRC.

Serephucus wrote: »
    USPS is by FAR the cheapest service IIRC.

Agreed. 3rd party commercial shippers usually leave you with taxes and charges to pay. I remember getting some RAM shipped from Crucial with UPS. They sent us 6 letters in the subsequent months looking for some paltry £30 (no € in those days). Are there any economical gift-like shipping companies in the US?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

You hoping they list it as a "gift" too to dodge Customs? :pac:

Solitaire wrote: »
    You hoping they list it as a "gift" too to dodge Customs? :pac:

You mean you wouldn't? ;)

I saw one on sale from Amazon. If the seller can ship across the ocean, I might be able to get it for €1100, €400 less than the asking price here. I hope the exchange rate improves. There are real savings to be made, especially since today (29th) is Cyber Monday when all the e-tailers have their sales.

• Advertisement

Ebay.ie have the U3011 for €1125 which includes shipping from America. I was looking to try and get a deal on it by bidding instead of going for the buy it now price (€1125 shipped).

It strikes me that I could go on a dream holiday for that kind of money. Maybe the stories I might tell would be worth more than the monitor? I'm going to try and get one for >€1000. Wish me luck! :pac:

Advertisement