Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stolen guns in limrick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭EPointer=Birdss

Thats actually co Clare. Love how if it's guns & within a sniff of limerick it must be yet more gun crime of sort in limerick! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭snipe02

Thats actually co Clare. Love how if it's guns & within a sniff of limerick it must be yet more gun crime of sort in limerick! :rolleyes:
    they get more reaction by mentioning limrick then. what i dont understand is the people they think stole the guns were passengers in the wtf is up with that

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭tom traubert

So, going by the report, the firearms were licensed by the owner of the car and two men were believed to have been in the car at the time it crashed.

The article is nicely ambigious. Was the registered owner in the car at the time of the crash; maybe, maybe not. If not, was the car stolen? Far more questions than answers arise when article is read closely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

At least it wasn't in Limerick - that would have been far worse.

B'Man

Bananaman wrote: »
    At least it wasn't in Limerick - that would have been far worse.

B'Man

How so??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

It was on the border of limerick so close it might as wll be limerick and there are so many theifs out that way stealing from cars in the day time never mind night time, and why two guns happened to be left alone in the car is unthinkable. You can't leave your car parked anywhere out around there they will smash your window and have a look inside your car. Only two months ago it happened a friend of mine that goes running along the river bank out there where this happend. Limerick has a bad rap and for good reson and if you dont agree your either lucky or living in a bubble and can see/hear whats happening in the city and out skirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

AHEM...Cough! Tac...This is CLARE where this happened.It is bad enough that we have Moyross and a old Limerick city dump right on our doorstep of the boundary,and Gormless handing us over to Limerick as well,without haveing to be associated with Limerick!!So i'll thak you to notice the difference.;):D
    BTW.word of the wise.Tell your pal to park in future around Parteen village,not on the longpavement.He'll know what I mean.lot safer.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

Took the words ou of my mouth griz!
    Parking on the long pavement is a bad area of Limerick and the people around there will know the owner of the car is gone on a 5 mile round run!

It was on the border of limerick so close it might as wll be limerick and there are so many theifs out that way stealing from cars in the day time never mind night time, and why two guns happened to be left alone in the car is unthinkable. You can't leave your car parked anywhere out around there they will smash your window and have a look inside your car. Only two months ago it happened a friend of mine that goes running along the river bank out there where this happend. Limerick has a bad rap and for good reson and if you dont agree your either lucky or living in a bubble and can see/hear whats happening in the city and out skirts.

Tack not gonna make friends with such generalizations. Kinda insulting post for any1 in area. The lads r spot on in fairness. & no I don't live in a bubble I have a lot if friends who live in the area so I feel I can comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Here's a scan of the Article in the Leader,
    (They are starting to use the words "High Power" when talking about
    cars now aswell as guns!)

~B
    ll-22-11-2010.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

snipe02 wrote: »
    was heading out for a shot this morn heard this on the radio was suprised someone had not posted it already http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/gardai-search-for-duo-believed-to-have-stolen-guns-482612.html whats going on

Get your geography right:mad:

bullets wrote: »
    Here's a scan of the Article in the Leader,
    (They are starting to use the words "High Power" when talking about
    cars now aswell as guns!)

~B
    ll-22-11-2010.jpg

Shannon is also Co Clare

FACT...Larkins X is about as far from Ardnacrusha,as say the Parnell monument is from Dame St.True ,they are in the Dublin city area,but not as close as that lazy article is making it out. Not to mind Corbally is in Limerick,not Clare.Getting tired of thatLimerick lot messing up my patch.Dumping bodies,guns and whatnot all over my neighbourhood.:mad::mad:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    FACT...Larkins X is about as far from Ardnacrusha,as say the Parnell monument is from Dame St.True ,they are in the Dublin city area,but not as close as that lazy article is making it out. Not to mind Corbally is in Limerick,not Clare.Getting tired of thatLimerick lot messing up my patch.Dumping bodies,guns and whatnot all over my neighbourhood.:mad::mad:

Guns were stolen in Westbury, a lot of houses and cars broken into in that area that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Guns were stolen in Westbury, a lot of houses and cars broken into in that area that night.

Says Corbally in the article no?

Vegeta wrote: »
    Says Corbally in the article no?

Yes it does corbally/westbury all the same area,side by side same town land

Yes it does corbally/westbury all the same area,side by side same town land

But in different counties ;)

But in different counties ;)

Never said it was'nt;)

Never said it was'nt;)

Ah but the devil is in the detail. I'm just pointing out that the guns were actually stolen in Limerick according to the article bullets posted and a man from Limerick was questioned.

But of course it would be unfair to say this was a Limerick based crime :p

Ah but the devil is in the detail. I'm just pointing out that the guns were actually stolen in Limerick according to the article bullets posted and a man from Limerick was questioned.

But of course it would be unfair to say this was a Limerick based crime :p

Correct but the papers got it wrong only because the GS said corbally which is a generally used term for the area and people associate the locality including westbury with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

Tack not gonna make friends with such generalizations. Kinda insulting post for any1 in area. The lads r spot on in fairness. & no I don't live in a bubble I have a lot if friends who live in the area so I feel I can comment.

ya okay, don't mean to inslut anyone but talk to the people in Clonlara, Paeteen and even out in Shannon and they will say since the regeneration of Limerick there towns have been ruined by the unwanted families of Limerick. Limerick people are as nice as the rest of us, I hope to be Married to one lovely Limerick girl soon, its just the rotton apples in Limerick have fallen far from the tree and are upsetting and affecting many people since the regeneration.

I find this 'Its not Limerick, its Clare' reaction amusing..

I find this 'Its not Limerick, its Clare' reaction amusing..

You wouldnt if you lived around here!:rolleyes: Simply put being on "the frontier" of the Clare /Limerick border.People living on the Clare side have got a raw deal since time immemorial.

We have had a open plan festering Limerick City dump on the Longpavement for over 35 years.Fortuneatly now closed,but would have been left open if Limerick city corpo could have gotton away with it.Its leaching into the watercourse and back into the Shannon where it goes back into Limerick citys main water supply inlet!Of course Corbally and the Mill road had a fine view of the rubbish pile across the Shannon as well.Not to mind smells,flies and vermin.As well as destroying about 300 acres of the best water meadow,swampland and wildfowl shooting in the area.:rolleyes:

A tempoary of 15 year duration traveller halting site,that looks better kept than most neighbourhoods.Nice to see my tax money is supporting the horse,scrap,tarmac and carpet trade so well.:mad:

The delightful Moyross neighbourhood is right on the border as well.
    Of course it was supposed to be regenerated......:rolleyes::rolleyes:..For executive suites and littel million euro villas that are within walking distance of THOMOND rugby stadium!!!!Or that was the master plan IF the money had held out!Where the rest of the misfortunates [,by and large 90% of the folk who have to live there are some of the finest people in Limerick.But suffer from 10% of scobes and scumbags destroying the place and its name.] were to move to...who the fuk cares???Sure they are all out of the area.
    No doubt they can house in health board housing bought by Limerick in places as far away from Limerick as possible...Like Killaloe/Ballina down on the Marina!:eek:.Pay a few million quid for a lovely house on the lake and find the Mc Scobes were moved in the night before under the cover of darkness,and have a thriving drug busisness going by morning..Lovely!!

Limericks most disgusting export, John Gormley.[My apologies to the rest of Ireland] Hails from the Corbally reigion,and has done us in Clare no favours by recommenting Westbury,and Parteen becomes part of Limerick county,so that the incompetant Limerick council can screw up and over the whole area.Not that the shower in Ennis are much better..They dont want to know about this area,but will make the appropriate noises to make it sound like it will be "no surrender":rolleyes: As well as losing some very decent GAA players to Limerick,this might make people somwhat touchy as to be already included in Limerick.Hence the reaction.;)

I think he meant the opposite Grizz, people from Limerick saying this was a Clare based crime and implying it was unfair to place it on the reputation of Limerick

At the end of the day, everyone should make their firearms as difficult to steal as possible. Broken down, multiple safes which are hidden, well spec'd locked doors and windows and never ever leave them in a car (not saying the ones in this article were just saying is all)

ya okay, don't mean to inslut anyone but talk to the people in Clonlara, Paeteen and even out in Shannon and they will say since the regeneration of Limerick there towns have been ruined by the unwanted families of Limerick. Limerick people are as nice as the rest of us, I hope to be Married to one lovely Limerick girl soon, its just the rotton apples in Limerick have fallen far from the tree and are upsetting and affecting many people since the regeneration.

This was happening long before any regeneration program, but was kept under wraps, there are as many Heads in Clare from Clare as they are in Limerick and people are too full of themselves to see or admit to this. Its a good excuse to blame the regeneration for all the problems in Clare (or most) not saying it is not adding to the problem, but open your eyes there are a lot of gurriers in Clare then what ye will admit to.

This was happening long before any regeneration program, but was kept under wraps, there are as many Heads in Clare from Clare as they are in Limerick and people are too full of themselves to see or admit to this. Its a good excuse to blame the regeneration for all the problems in Clare (or most) not saying it is not adding to the problem, but open your eyes there are a lot of gurriers in Clare then what ye will admit to.

You should visit the CSO website. Since 2004 Limerick has had approximately 7 times the number of theft related crimes as compared to Clare. (1628 recorded offences versus 241)

You should visit the CSO website. Since 2004 Limerick has had approximately 7 times the number of theft related crimes as compared to Clare. (1628 recorded offences versus 241)

Define Theft Related crimes, more anti social incidents in Clare

Define Theft Related crimes,

Well what we would call stealing is broken into Robbery, Burglary and Theft. I owe you an apology too, the figures above should actually be 833 versus 125 and they are for Robbery only.

I forgot about Burglary which is 8813 in Limerick versus 2709 for Clare

Theft has it's own section, 28644 in Limerick versus 7710 for Clare

If you want a breakdown of each go to cso.ie and check them out.
    more anti social incidents in Clare

Ha ha ha, pull the other one you chancer :D

Clare:8644 for Public order and other social code offences
    Limerick: 17069 for Public order and other social code offences

Your hands must be tired from clutching at straws.

Well what we would call stealing is broken into Robbery, Burglary and Theft. I owe you an apology too, the figures above should actually be 833 versus 125 and they are for Robbery only.

I forgot about Burglary which is 8813 in Limerick versus 2709 for Clare

Theft has it's own section, 28644 in Limerick versus 7710 for Clare

If you want a breakdown of each go to cso.ie and check them out.

Ha ha ha, pull the other one you chancer :D

Clare:8644 for Public order and other social code offences
    Limerick: 17069 for Public order and other social code offences

Your hands must be tired from clutching at straws.

Well I have worked in the security industry doing doors etc for over 20yrs and I can tell you now that the majority of incidents relating to vandalism, fighting in around the city at night were by persons from outside Limerick City ie Clare/Co Limerick.
    Because they think they can/could get away with it,also the majority of addresses given by gurriers/criminals are in Limerick as they are staying in appartments, flats etc and don't want their Mammy's & Daddy's knowing about it because in the country "their Johnny was never brought up like that i" my Ar-e

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭snipe02

i dont know the area just going by what i heard on radio no offence intended to anyone im a holder of a lisenced firearm and had an interest in the article and thought fellow members of boards might have an interest also has nothing to do with geography

Advertisement