Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stolen guns in limrick

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Well I have worked in the security industry doing doors etc for over 20yrs and I can tell you now that the majority of incidents relating to vandalism, fighting in around the city at night were by persons from outside Limerick City ie Clare/Co Limerick.
    Because they think they can/could get away with it,also the majority of addresses given by gurriers/criminals are in Limerick as they are staying in appartments, flats etc and don't want their Mammy's & Daddy's knowing about it because in the country "their Johnny was never brought up like that i" my Ar-e

Well in the last 2 years my parents have suffered 6 cars being broken into (one of them written off) we caught the people involved on 3 occasions and I'll give you one guess where they were from.
    My brother was assaulted in the local shop, beat on the head with a rock and again the group of lads were from Limerick.
    We could trade stories all day but the figures speak for themselves.

So even adjusted to a per capita basis Limerick is a noticably higher crime area. If the figures said the opposite I'd have no problem accepting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Vegeta wrote: »

So even adjusted to a per capita basis Limerick is a noticably higher crime area. If the figures said the opposite I'd have no problem accepting it.

That is one of the main reasons people do not want to go there. A guidance counsellor in a big Dublin school once told me that the vast majority of students have no interest in attending UL or even looking at its prospectus (despit it running some very good degree courses). Even when it is put on the CAO it is always one of the bottom choices. It's a pity.
    P.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

This was happening long before any regeneration program, but was kept under wraps, there are as many Heads in Clare from Clare as they are in Limerick and people are too full of themselves to see or admit to this. Its a good excuse to blame the regeneration for all the problems in Clare (or most) not saying it is not adding to the problem, but open your eyes there are a lot of gurriers in Clare then what ye will admit to.

Very true..Except they are mostly Limericks exported problem!Thats what the HS in Limerick has been doing.Renting houses in Clare ,Tip and even Galway and exporting the scumbags to points as far away as possible.Not denying that we have gurriers in Clare,mostly in the Ennis/Shannon[Little Belfast] reigion.But the big trouble makers are fammlies that have been moved and dumped on somone elses doorstep.So of course it will be considerd a Clare scumbag,as they live there now.
    Dont belive for one instant that the regeneration was for the benefit of the scumbag areas!It was a plan to develop expensive real estate to flog off to the gulliable who wanted to boast that they had an apartment over looking Thomand for the rugger.

As for crime rate.Well,funnily enough it has DROPPED in the last two years in Limerick,while Dublin is becoming ,especially this year like East LA!But of course that minor fact is played down by the Dub media.Limerick has always been a whipping boy for crime stories ever since that idiot journalist in the scumday world coined the stab city phrase!Prize example is this entire article!!WTF is a national paper reporting on this,which is really local news??Would this make even the paper if this happened in Dub 4????Not bloddy likely!!But it is close enough to Limerick,guns involved..Good enough!!!:mad:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭lamper35

Tack not gonna make friends with such generalizations. Kinda insulting post for any1 in area. The lads r spot on in fairness. & no I don't live in a bubble I have a lot if friends who live in the area so I feel I can comment.

Absolutely TACK thats a ridiculous suggestion....clare people are fighting too keep the boundry as it is so what happens in clare is in clare and limerick is limerick....u cant pass on clare too limerick when somethin bad happens...again what a ridiculous comment:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Kiki10

The two guys were known to these girls. The car only seats 5 so unless the owner of the gun was a lass then the owner left his guns unattended in a car. This guy doesn't need to bother reapplying in 3 years to his super.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

snipe02 wrote: »
    i dont know the area just going by what i heard on radio no offence intended to anyone im a holder of a lisenced firearm and had an interest in the article and thought fellow members of boards might have an interest also has nothing to do with geography

No offence taken;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Kiki10 wrote: »
    The two guys were known to these girls. The car only seats 5 so unless the owner of the gun was a lass then the owner left his guns unattended in a car. This guy doesn't need to bother reapplying in 3 years to his super.

The guns were in the house, they allegedly broke into the house, got the car keys searched the house found the guns and made off with them in the stolen merc.

Advertisement