Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oscars Pub for Sale

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

jayboi wrote: »
    Its that time again! Any more news? it boggles the mind how its just sitting there unused.

I have been told a deal has been agreed, it will take time to get it ready to open however as the place was completely gutted and damage was done to the beer lines etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Its that time again! Any more news? it boggles the mind how its just sitting there unused.

My mind is unboggled. I remember being in their during the good times (around 2005) midweek and the place was almost deserted. I can just imagine how it would be now. Also they seemed to have atmosphere absorbent walls or something it felt so dead in there (on a Saturday night).

Yeah, the place needs a serious rethink. Do many local people go to Woodlands for a drink?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

dayshah wrote: »
    My mind is unboggled. I remember being in their during the good times (around 2005) midweek and the place was almost deserted. I can just imagine how it would be now. Also they seemed to have atmosphere absorbent walls or something it felt so dead in there (on a Saturday night).

Yeah, the place needs a serious rethink. Do many local people go to Woodlands for a drink?

Definitely the roundy bar design.. You had to run laps to catch the eye of a barman!, never mind find your friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

dayshah wrote: »

Any idea who the new owners are?
    Would anyone know did it make much money?

Im going to have to blame the round bar as well for atmosphere.

What grinded my gears was when they started putting in bands and sure as day the music was blaring and you couldnt hear people.
    If I wanted someone to blow the head off me id tell the lack she could stand to lose a few pounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Doyou not like live music jayboi

• Advertisement

Doyou not like live music jayboi

Dont get me wrong I do like live music and not to sound like an old fuss pot but why does it have to be so loud.

Oskars doesnt strike me a pub designed for live music anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

It wasnt, but a good acoustic act would work well if put in the right area imo

its not designed for a full band though

Sale agreed sign gone up.

Sale agreed sign gone up.

Anyone know the details?!

Flash more than likely.

• Advertisement

Keys changing hands? true?

Done and dusted Boi ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Done and dusted Boi ;-)

Flash?

I imagine the place would lend itself to his sort of gastro-pub.

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I thInk it'll do well TBH, not allot of pubs out that way given the population density out there. He knows his pub food too so that's half the battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

Flash took it over a while ago but there is a problem with license or something along those lines I think..

Should do well if run properly

Any idea of when it'll open? Id be guessing sometime around Halloween at best, Christmas at worst?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

wont be halloween anyway

savic04 wrote: »
    Flash took it over a while ago but there is a problem with license or something along those lines I think..

Should do well if run properly

Was a problem. All sorted now.

I don't think it will be open before Christmas. Flash will be making a lot of serious structural and cosmetic changes.

Was a problem. All sorted now.

I don't think it will be open before Christmas. Flash will be making a lot of serious structural and cosmetic changes.

Excellent.. I always thought the doghnut shaped bar was really anti social.
    Are we looking at a decent pub where ya can have a chat with good food and a few sports screens? Thats my hope anyway!!

• Advertisement

Speaking off the record (lol) I believe upstairs will be the sports part of the bar (with sound, 3D screens, HD screens etc. Downstairs, (with toilets!!! and that bar remodelled completely) will be the pub/food part (sports will be shown but without sound).

Sounds great tbh.

Speaking off the record (lol) I believe upstairs will be the sports part of the bar (with sound, 3D screens, HD screens etc. Downstairs, (with toilets!!! and that bar remodelled completely) will be the pub/food part (sports will be shown but without sound).

Sounds great tbh.

Lets be 'avin ya!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭letsbet

Sounds nice alright. Best of luck to him.

Bump Bump..

Still nothin... Drove past it the other day and its looking pretty tatty now, combined with the derelict petrol station along that road.

I havent heard anything on the grapevine in a long time now about when it might open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

The deal was closed last friday at long last,Legals held it up by all accounts, flash is now in control.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Fair play to Flash. A ballsy move. I hope it works out. Great potential for that place.

Fantastic stuff!! :D

Any idea of the timeline on when it might open? Id expect a couple of months at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I'd imagine they will bust a gut for Easter, no shortage of trades out there, and a brave man would look for double time for ot in the building trade nowadays

Please please Flash if you're out there, do some decent coffee so people can have a cosy chat during the weekday evenings and an award winning full Irish for less than a tenner at the weekends.

Can't wait for it to open. The area needs a good local meeting spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

wellboytoo wrote: »
    The deal was closed last friday at long last,Legals held it up by all accounts, flash is now in control.

So all the stories about problems with the license were just bull, were they?

Really hope Flash makes a good go of it. It's starting to look very run down so it'll need a bit of work to bring it back up to scratch but I think there's definitely still a gap to fill out there.

Advertisement