Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oscars Pub for Sale

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Opening June bank holiday weekend Ive heard. Wouldnt hold my breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

No sign of anything happening.. I can't see a June opening for the place at this stage. Hope things are still on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Trotter wrote: »
    No sign of anything happening.. I can't see a June opening for the place at this stage. Hope things are still on track.

Did it even sell, place hasn't been touched

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Bob Tweedy was granted a license for Oskars at last month's sitting of the circuit court,at the time i thought how strange.Anyone throw any light on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Bards

Bob Tweedy was granted a license for Oskars at last month's sitting of the circuit court,at the time i thought how strange.Anyone throw any light on this.

I wonder if sale is conditional on License being sold with premises, therefore as current owner, Tweedy needs a license before sale will go through?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

I thought of that too but BOI are the current owner's of Oskar's.In the case of the Ocean hotel Dunmore it is the reciever's that are applying for the 7 day license not the previous licensee.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Tweet from Liz Reddy a few minutes ago:
    Liz Reddy ‏@LilyReddy
    Sale of Oscars Pub on the Dunmore Road #Waterford to Jim Gordan near conclusion and should re-open late August. @wlrfmwaterford

also
    Liz Reddy ‏@LilyReddy
    The Cove Bar on the Dunmore Road in #Waterford is to go on the market in the next few weeks.

and this
    Liz Reddy ‏@LilyReddy
    One of the best known hotels in Dunmore East , The Ocean, will be up for auction next month #Waterford

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Thought it was sold and supposed to be open by now? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Sully wrote: »
    Thought it was sold and supposed to be open by now? :p

You noticed it was closed when you were just driving by?.....:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Was hoping it would be open for the summer, think Flash will do a good job with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

he doin sportsbar upstairs and changing the bar from centre to an off corner and doin grub out there

Bring it on! Really looking forward to having it cleaned up and a nice option to grab some grub or see a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Haha poor trotter has been walking around ballinakil like Charlie Bucket waiting for this place to open again.

Ha!! :D

Sad innit.. It's the little pleasures though. I single handedly kept that place open about 6 months longer than it should have been last time.

Shouldve seen me the day the fish van first parked at the petrol station. Couldn't sleep for a week with the excitement.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

yeah they'll have screens downstairs also but no sound, just sound upstairs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Sound boy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Anyone know what the latest on Oscars opening is? Think I saw them bringing in furniture the other day, and seems to be a lot of builders vans/cars in the car park there every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭eiresandra

There has been a huge amount of work going on for the past six weeks or so. Seems to be a lot of fixtures and fittings going in in recent days, so I'd imagine it's not far from completion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fitzeyboy.

I would presume Flash wants it open for the bank holiday weekend. A hell of a lot work still be done but I've been in bars with no bar counter an hour before opening and we got there just in time. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackbeard

It wont be open for the bank holiday weekend, its opening on thursday 9th August from what i heard. I have seen the menu that they are going to be serving looks very impressive looking forward to this..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fitzeyboy.

So, no sign of it opening today anyway. At least Maxol is open

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

fitzeyboy. wrote: »
    So, no sign of it opening today anyway. At least Maxol is open

Looks savage! How much they charging for petrol?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

159.9 iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Premier

It will be open shortly, (just a few glitches).

It's looking very well inside and well overdue for the area.

They will also have a comprehensive sports tv system available throughout the premises for footy fans as well as the usual sky stuff.
    (I know because i installed it);)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Premier wrote: »
    It will be open shortly, (just a few glitches).

It's looking very well inside and well overdue for the area.

They will also have a comprehensive sports tv system available throughout the premises for footy fans as well as the usual sky stuff.
    (I know because i installed it);)

That's good to hear. Hopefully there'll be a bit of atmosphere there for matches.

Advertisement