Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olly Murs - Racism !!!!!

Options
  • 22-11-2010 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭

I firmly believe this should be acknowledged. It is probably more the people behind him rather than him himself. Practically all the people in his video/live performance are white Caucasian.

His first single :

This is Olly Murs' first video and what I noticed immediately in the video was maybe a case of racism. There is only one black girl in it, who you see 3 or 4 times throughout it. Every other person in the video is white Caucasian.

This is his performance tonight on the X-factor. Again same thing tonight as on the video.

What I reckon though - is the dancers on video/live show are a reflection of who the performance is aimed at. This is obviously the people behind Murs rather than him himself.

Notting Hill - is the perfect example of this. One of the most ethnically diverse areas in London - and the movie was made with only white Caucasians in it.

I hope you don't all think I am insane for this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

You are tbh.

How is that racism? Should he have gone and looked for a person from every race for his video?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Queen-Mise wrote: »

I hope you don't all think I am insane for this.

Sorry :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

yes you are insane.

jay-z has black people in his video, the big feckin racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭RICARDO1982

I strongly disagree with the OP,
    If I was a singer and i wanted backing singers and musicians, dancers etc. I would be choosing them according to how they performed, not the color of their skin or nationality! so i think u are wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

phasers wrote: »
    You are tbh.

How is that racism? Should he have gone and looked for a person from every race for his video?

I would like an apology on being called a racist. The philosophy of boards.ie is that you comment on the post not the poster. The very fact that I have highlighted this would indicate otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I would like an apology on being called a racist. The philosophy of boards.ie is that you comment on the post not the poster. The very fact that I have highlighted this would indicate otherwise.

Where did he say you were a racist?

If you want a comment on your original post here it is. Your first post is ****e-stirring and make an issue out of nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

I don't think he called you a racist. When he said 'You are tbh', I think he was referring to the bit where you said 'I hope you don't all think I'm insane for this'. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I think he was referring to your last line - "I hope you don't all think I am insane for this."

🤪

Advertisement