Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loud Noise in IFSC/Sheriff Street Area

Options
  • 22-11-2010 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've been living in the IFSC for a few months and every evening there are loud noises like gun shots that go off and rings through the area. I've been up as far as Connolly Station and heard it and at the end of lower mayor street. There is no pattern as to when they go off but I can hear it a few times an evening.

I've asked a few friends living in the area and they all maintain it's something to do with shenanigans on Sheriff Street but the noise is way too consistent to be actual gun shots or explosions.

Anyone in the area have any ideas? I've heard people say the dart or luas could be making it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 the_rovers_one

Welcome to Sheriff Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Crowbanger?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Last few months, bangers and the like? That would be my guess. Definitely not gunshots :)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Irish Rail have been doing work in the old depot by the Docklands Train Station, basically they have been loading old pieces of metal railway into a flatbed metal truck using a crane and droping it from a height, this results in a horrendous bombing noise that makes you think the world is about to end. I live very close and it usually starts around 7am and continues for the rest of the day, great wake up call!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DecentBee

It's nothing to do with Irish Rail! It's little scuts from Sheriff St lobbing massive bangers around the place. Been going on for months, I've seen them throw them across the street at people who get the fright of their lives when the things explode right beside them. Highly annoying.

• Advertisement

DecentBee wrote: »
    It's little scuts from Sheriff St lobbing massive bangers around the place.

DecentBee, please don't talk about the local youth in such a manner!!! :D
    True, this has been happening too, we had one thrown onto your balcony before Halloween, scary ****!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Welcome to Sheriff Street.
    Lollymcd wrote: »
    Irish Rail have been doing work in the old depot by the Docklands Train Station, basically they have been loading old pieces of metal railway into a flatbed metal truck using a crane and droping it from a height, this results in a horrendous bombing noise that makes you think the world is about to end. I live very close and it usually starts around 7am and continues for the rest of the day, great wake up call!!!

irish rail lifted a lot of the track around the old north wall yard. plus the area is the docklands which experiences a lot of heay movement

irish rail lifted a lot of the track around the old north wall yard. plus the area is the docklands which experiences a lot of heay movement

Also the staging area for new track which is being laid out around the country and where the old track is taken to be loaded onto trucks to be disposed of (hence the noise:D)

Advertisement