Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRCHSS 2011/12 question

Options
  • 22-11-2010 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭

Hey everybody!
    Just found out I'm graduationg with a 1H in my MA in English. Happy days! :)
    My supervisor offered me Phd supervision and said to contact her once our results were back to look at funding options. The most obvious one I suppouse is the IRCHSS. However, given the current economic climate (lord how I despise that phrase... :rolleyes:) what could that mean for the IRCHSS scholarship?...
    I've just seen this on the IRCHSS website:
    "In light of the uncertain budgetary environment and need for accurate information concerning the IRCHSS 2011 budget the Postgraduate Scheme 2011 will not be launched until funding is guaranteed following announcement of the Government Budget (January 2011)."
    Does this mean the deadline will be pushed back for applications? It's usually early January isn't it? I'm a bit worried about having a proposal ready in time, even though the Phd topic I want to pursue is an extension of my MA thesis. Could be an unfounded worry when there ends up being no scholarship to apply for! :(

Teaching English to bratty school kids in the United Arab Emirates here I come...

Advertisement