Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 12 pubs of X-mass?

Options
  • 22-11-2010 1:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

Can someone please post a link or paste the general rules for the game?
    I'm planning this for work so the more crazy rules the better.

Thanks All, stay sweet..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Yeah let me hop straight to it...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

One pint in 12 pubs in a row. End of story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Long Time Reader

johnn wrote: »
    Yeah let me hop straight to it...:rolleyes:

Good man...

I can nearly taste the sarcasm from you... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Surely this involves just eating some sambos in a pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Or in keeping with the times, 12 cans of Guinness from 12 off-licences in a row.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Pffft - id rather just have 12 drinks in one pub :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

I might try and do this along Baggot st. this year, lots of pubs there and a Burger King along the way to provide some badly needed "Soakage" mid-way through lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

johnn wrote: »
    I might try and do this along Baggot st. this year, lots of pubs there and a Burger King along the way to provide some badly needed "Soakage" mid-way through lol

The stoneybatter scoop trail is my favourite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Gonna do the Amsterdam one meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

Gonna do the Amsterdam one meself.

Christ! Will you be able for 12 in a row?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me....

A sick bag because she knew I was going on a 12 day pub crawl.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Eating is cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Kold wrote: »
    Eating is cheating.

Not according to these guys.......

http://www.12pubs.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

nm wrote: »
    One pint in 12 pubs in a row. End of story.
    Yep.
    After that you can add in whatever rules you feel like. I've been on ones with a schedule, i.e. you have 30 minutes in each pub and regardless of how long it takes to get to the bar, you have to be finished your pint in that time.
    Other ones which have "shotpoints", which are basically checkpoints, but with shots. So every 3 pubs or so, everyone gets a shot on top of their normal drink.

Other silly rules such as anyone who misses or skips a pub has to drink two pints at the next one in the same time that everyone else drinks one.

Most of them class a "drink" as a pint or a short or two bottles. If you want to be relaxed about it, let people have a bottle as their one drink.

Let's be honest here; The point of 12 pubs is to get hammered. So don't try to pretend that it's anything else.

Guaranteed vomit-inducers are rules such as everyone having to drink a different drink at each pub (once you've had six different pints you can find yourself in trouble with what to drink next), or on top of that insisting that everyone drinks the same drink (so nobody can avoid the tequilas or whiskeys).

Doesn't really matter anyway. By the ninth pub, nobody's keeping track any more and nobody wants to move on either.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Worst.Game.Ever.

The only walking when you're out drinking should be from your chair to the bar and then back again.

Basically drink a pint in 12 different pubs in a row (a few jager bombs in the last pub is always good too). We dont stick to any other rules really like the 30mins per pub, its more craic if you just move on when your ready.

One rule we have though is have a good feed of drink the night before too, makes the 12 pubs easier.

We have ours booked for the 4th december, 1 pm start time. I cant wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

We normally keep it simple, 12 pubs ( d'uh ), start at 6pm, Drink what you want, shots are optional, At any stage in any pub there was a codeword and once shouted you had to down what you have left, making sure everyone kept a steady pace for the evening and not having a pint to finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Daniel Day Luas pubcrawl FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

i never liked the 12 pubs idea.

sit down, chill-out, have drinks and enjoy atmosphere of said pub while getting a good conversation rolling. how you're supposed to enjoy getting pissed while being herded around like 3 legged sheep on a cold december day is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

JoseJones wrote: »
    Christ! Will you be able for 12 in a row?

:pac: definitely not and couldn't afford it either.

Still, halfway thru the beer run I might visit my favourite "lady of the evening" if she's working but I'll probably fall asleep on her tits :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Copper23

sit down, chill-out, have drinks and enjoy atmosphere of said pub while getting a good conversation rolling. how you're supposed to enjoy getting pissed while being herded around like 3 legged sheep on a cold december day is beyond me.

There's always one...
    Yes, going to the pub with your mates is the same as every night out... how about, just how about, once a year.. yes, just ONCE a year, when one of your mates suggests you stop being stubborn, step out of your comfort zone and just TRY something new for once instead of moaning at anything that "everyones does"... that you might actually have some fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

That's the point of going to the pub in general. This type of thing is intended to be a once off "for the laugh" affair.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Dang AH threads.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement