Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHO WOULD YOU PUT FORWARD TO RUN THE COUNTRY?

Options
  • 22-11-2010 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

At least this guy would run the country into profit instead of into the ground! As the day that the IMF come in and put there feet on the coffee table and talk about turning T2 in dublin airport into there own private welcoming lounge and cements us to being the laughing stock of the world with 90 billion being begged for by buffo and his muppets! Who would run the country to bring us from dragging down the euro and becoming a third world country!

Who to run the country? 174 votes

Micheal o leary(mr ryanair)
    0% 0 votes
    Enda kenny
    56% 99 votes
    Brian lenihan
    10% 18 votes
    Pat rabbiat(labour)
    6% 11 votes
    IMF
    26% 46 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

He's on record as saying that he doesn't consider himself Taoiseach material.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Bog

mrjaygibbs wrote: »
    At least this guy would run the country into profit instead of into the ground! As the day that the IMF come in and put there feet on the coffee table and talk about turning T2 in dublin airport into there own private welcoming lounge and cements us to being the laughing stock of the world with 90 billion being begged for by buffo and his muppets! Who would run the country to bring us from dragging down the euro and becoming a third world country!

Jebus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Got all charged up watching VinnyB did ye?

We are not, and never will be, a third world country. People who say that need an education.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

I hate Micheal O'Leary but I admit, he'd make a great taoiseach

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Michael o leary is an ass hole and i will always do my best to avoid flying ryanair...Even to the point of spending more money on another airline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭RICARDO1982

He is an arsehole, but he is an arsehole that gets the job done!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

He'd need a party first

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭I-Shot-Jr

I'm not sure what kind of National Leader he'd make but one thing I am certain of is that he wouldn't be worse than our current one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

He'd need a party first
    Members of the Ryanair party get 10% off on all flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

I have heard it all now. Hang your head in shame with that suggestion.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

He sure does, and running a company is not so different as running a country

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

Just think for a second on how he makes a profit in the first place... Yeah, still want him as Taoiseach?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Scambuster

I have heard it all now. Hang your head in shame with that suggestion.:eek:

You'd prefer someone from the aerlingus circa 1980s school of leadership?

I generally refuse to elect or trust assholes...Thats why Eamonn gilmore has yet to get my vote

But hitler was a complet asshole and got loads done.

Just because an asshole can do stuff does not mean we should abandon our morals for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

One more political thread on here. FAAAAR FÚCK SAKE!

Scambuster wrote: »
    You'd prefer someone from the aerlingus circa 1980s school of leadership?

I said no to O'Leary, where in my reply does it say I want an Airline boss in charge of a COUNTRY ?

I said no to O'Leary, where in my reply does it say I want an Airline boss in charge of a COUNTRY ?

Not in that post but you have mentioned it previously.

Not in that post but you have mentioned it previously.

Go on I'm intrigued. Considering this is the first night I have ever posted in AH we don't get many political topics in Motors it should be easy for you to find my posts.

Go on I'm intrigued. Considering this is the first night I have ever posted in AH we don't get many political topics in Motors it should be easy for you to find my posts.

I will dig them up in the morning so you can expect to have egg on your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The fact that you got thanked by a user named "Fart" has not escaped me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

he needs to lose the ronnie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

At least he'd come up with funny election ads and posters slagging off the opposition!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

mrjaygibbs wrote: »

His own personal profit? I'm sure the noble call of public service would bring out his altruism :)

I will dig them up in the morning so you can expect to have egg on your face.

Sorry I forgot I responded once to an AH topic it was on the 6-8-2009 http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055617730. Good luck with your search. It won't be me with egg on my face in the morning.

I find it amazing that the calander he has produced will have all its money donated to a german charity....

Thats nice for an irish man....

I wonder what he hopes to gain out of it....

Oh wait he is doing it out of the goodness of his own heart....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Star Bingo wrote: »
    he needs to lose the ronnie
    If that is his silly mustache you are referring to then yes you are correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Tiny Explosions

StereoLove wrote: »
    I hate Micheal O'Leary but I admit, he'd make a great taoiseach

He runs one of the most hated companies in the world,even if he started giving free seats on his flights I still wouldn't fly with Ryanair...unless of course he became Taoiseach, then I'd be on the first plane out of the country.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Tiny Explosions

If that is his silly mustache you are referring to then yes you are correct.

I hate the guy, but he's growing the tash for movember. He should just give some money to charity...he looks like a big enough ársehole without it.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 mrjaygibbs

Just think for a second on how he makes a profit in the first place... Yeah, still want him as Taoiseach?

He has a great mind for business and keeps a company within it's means instead of offering caviar and armchairs onboard flights that would just turn his airline into a expensive minefield like this country! Do u think o leary would sign something like the "croke park" agreement?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

Advertisement