Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHO WOULD YOU PUT FORWARD TO RUN THE COUNTRY?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Jesus H. Christ gets my vote anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

St.Patrick,but he's probably too busy with his exterminating jobs

Ooh! I dunno.
    I think he missed a few serpents the last time he was here!:D:D

Noreen

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

IMF

They are emmotionally detached from the issues and will look over everything as a "yes it's needed / no it's not needed" scenario.

Everyone else on that list has a grudge, which will get us nowhere..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

Why the hell do we have a finance minister again??? Get Rid of him ... big saving there sure what the feck was he doing anyways?? NO NO NO we are not going to have a bailout from IMF... 2 days later. ... OK were having a bailout... Doesnt know his arse from his elbow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Michael o leary is an ass hole and i will always do my best to avoid flying ryanair...Even to the point of spending more money on another airline.

Thats why the country is in the Hole its in , attitudes like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

whycliff wrote: »
    Thats why the country is in the Hole its in , attitudes like that.

Preferring quality?

Yeah sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

VOTE WAGNER

bluewolf wrote: »
    Preferring quality?

Yeah sure

Quality? Your travelling from A to B. I would understand if you were travelling Business Class from Dublin to Tokyo, but your talking a maximum of 3 hour flight.

I suppose its good to be in a position like yourself where money is no problem, like the government were 4 or 5 years ago buying voting machines for storage purposes and building a €3 million tuck shop/glass house on Kildare street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Why Brian Cowen, of course. Shur isn't he doing a grand job?

All hail Biffo and his glorious régime.

Sincerely,
    little girl.

Quality? Your travelling from A to B. I would understand if you were travelling Business Class from Dublin to Tokyo, but your talking a maximum of 3 hour flight.

I suppose its good to be in a position like yourself where money is no problem, like the government were 4 or 5 years ago buying voting machines for storage purposes and building a €3 million tuck shop/glass house on Kildare street.

Where did I mention my position? Did I say money was no problem? Did I say I book AL flights just for the fun of it cos I'm rolling in money?
    And comparing cheap flights to the voting machines... :rolleyes:

As it happens, for the flights I make regularly the price isn't that different, the ryanair times are the most awkward possible and I hate their flights. I hate the overprocessed air, I hate being made to stand in the waiting gate area, I hate the garish colours, I hate the loud applause when they arrive "on time" (because they over-estimated the time deliberately), I hate the crappy little airports which are CALLED "x city" but are actually a very long crappy bus ride (no trains of course) from x city, and I hate everything about them.
    So yeah, I'll pay more not to be irritated to fcuk. And it's my money, I'm spending it in our economy, so what the hell anyone has a problem with that for, I just don't know.

The country is "in the hole it's in" for a myriad of reasons, and not one of them is flying AL instead of ryanair.
    Christ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

You mean A to B (by B of course we mean C which is an hours bus ride away)...unless of course they delay your flight, fly you to D in the middle of the night, lock the toilets, refuse food and drunk, and have the local fuzz kick you off the plane, blame someone else and say Thanks for flying Ryanair. C*nts.

As above, if you plan properly it's more often than not cheaper in the long run to fly other airlines.

I worked for Aerlingus, I know the ins and outs of both companies and the aviation industry and there is very little difference between Ryanair and Aerlingus other than the media's reluctance to report negative stories on Aerlingus due to it once being state owned and now being partly state owned.

There are some Horror stories in Aerlingus also, we just done hear about them.
    The only major difference between the 2 is that Aerlingus recognises Unions and treat their workers a whole lot better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Inverse to the power of one!

prinz wrote: »
    You mean A to B (by B of course we mean C which is an hours bus ride away)...unless of course they delay your flight, fly you to D in the middle of the night, lock the toilets, refuse food and drunk, and have the local fuzz kick you off the plane, blame someone else and say Thanks for flying Ryanair. C*nts.

That sounds like the country as it's run now........At least O'Leary would run it in the black :/

That said tho, shocking state of affairs when the opposition garners less confidence then the IMF and Ryanair :eek:

Then again....It is an AH poll :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

That sounds like the country as it's run now........At least O'Leary would run it in the black :/

That said tho, shocking state of affairs when the opposition garners less confidence then the IMF and Ryanair :eek:

Then again....It is an AH poll :p

I'm not commenting on your post, I just have to say that your username is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭bladespin

He'd need a party first

This is a huge part of the problem, party politics don't work, END, a large proportion of today's problems have been caused by our TDs looking after FF first and the country second, it also breeds cronyism another of the major ailments in our system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

I find it amazing that the calander he has produced will have all its money donated to a german charity....

Thats nice for an irish man....

I wonder what he hopes to gain out of it....

Oh wait he is doing it out of the goodness of his own heart....:rolleyes:

It went to an Irish charity before and a UK one, he is running a European company with customers all over Europe. He also pays all his tax in this country. He is also the number one horse owner in Ireland. Apart from doing anything to get free marketing his company is on time more often, loses less bags and consider the growth in their passenger numbers. You need to educate yourself about Ireland's most successful company.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

laugh wrote: »
    .. his company is on time more often...

I do wish people would drop this nugget. They are "on time" more often because they deliberately over-state the length of flights.

I do wish people would drop this nugget. They are "on time" more often because they deliberately over-state the length of flights.
    Yup :rolleyes:

And what do their rivals like easyjet do? Considering the way all crew and handling staff are drilled on the turn around for aircraft, external factors may cause delays but any Ryanair flight I have been on has taken off on time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

People are idiots if they think this country would be great with Michael O'Leary running it. This country is more then an economy.

• Advertisement

And what do their rivals like easyjet do? Considering the way all crew and handling staff are drilled on the turn around for aircraft, external factors may cause delays but any Ryanair flight I have been on has taken off on time.

I imagine easyjet don't play an annoying bloody fanfare every time they land and boast about being on time

Mhm

If I recall correctly:
    AL: dub -> fra: 1h45
    RA: dub -> fra: 2h
    Of course they'll be "on time" :rolleyes:

Do ryanair fly to FRA? AL €55+

They fly to HHN. RYA €27+

Both flights monday 29th.

I imagine easyjet don't play an annoying bloody fanfare every time they land and boast about being on time

No they removed all information pertaining to on-time/delays from their website as well.

Do ryanair fly to FRA? AL €55+

They fly to HHN. RYA €27+

Both flights monday 29th.

Aer lingus in advance is generally same price. And as I said, RA times are also annoyingly awkward.
    AND I was talking about times not prices!

Yes you were, but they are not flying to the same airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭positron

<sarcasm>
    Bertie! everything was brilliant when Bertie was in charge! :rolleyes:
    </sarcasm>

I would suggest hiring Obama when he finishes the current term. Probably cheaper than the likes of Biffo etc too.

Or we can run a campaign for the 'best job in the world', like they did for the island off Australia. A once in a life time opportunity to run the emerald isle, great pay, 4m captive citizens to pay for anything you do, loads of booze, expected to party, host parties and talk silly, and you couldn't possibly do worse than the predecessor if you tried! And you get to fire Mary Harney and the like! What is there not to like?

Yes you were, but they are not flying to the same airport.

That's why I'd already gone back and edited.
    My memory is them overestimating the times in general, whether that particular place or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Michael o leary is an ass hole and i will always do my best to avoid flying ryanair...Even to the point of spending more money on another airline.

so you take your flying really seriously!

Aer lingus in advance is generally same price. And as I said, RA times are also annoyingly awkward.

No 2 flights are ever the same, flight paths change, wind speed changes and of course there is always taxi time and ATC restrictions.

I returned from New York one time in 5hrs 10mins before then another time it took 6hrs 10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 sonofabeach

Mick O Leary would sort out the mess we're in. He's one of my heroes and yes he is an asshole but a very sucessfull one.
    I find it interesting that Pat Rabbite and not Eamonn Gilmore is listed as the Labour representive.

Advertisement