Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chimney Sweep

Options
  • 22-11-2010 5:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone have contact details for a chimney sweep in Port please. Also how often should this be done? And what sorta money are we talking? :) I haven't a clue.....

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

graceanseo wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone have contact details for a chimney sweep in Port please. Also how often should this be done? And what sorta money are we talking? :) I haven't a clue.....

Thanks in advance

twice a year, probably around €50

Willie and his number is 086 3696532!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Thanks, was looking for a chimney cleaner too. Just booked him for a job.

your welcome,

he does an excellent job, and i thinks hes actually only around €25 for a chimney sweep

Yes he quoted me €25, great value! Didn't turn up though :( I'll try him again.

possibly my fault, i had him ordered today to do the chimney and gutters, and when he came i asked him to do the outside windows as well....

absolute gift at €60

again, highly recommended :)

• Advertisement

Cheers, my gutters need doing too. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

sydthebeat wrote: »
    possibly my fault, i had him ordered today to do the chimney and gutters, and when he came i asked him to do the outside windows as well....

absolute gift at €60

again, highly recommended :)

Does he take the ashes/debris away or leave that with you for disposal? Need a chimney swept myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭graceanseo

Thanks Sydthebeat for taking the time to reply :), phew glad the cost seems reasonable too, cheers

takes everything away, and left the place spotless

sydthebeat wrote: »
    takes everything away, and left the place spotless

Just booked Willie for Wed afternoon. An absolute gentleman to deal with on the phone. And yes, €25.

• Advertisement

Darwin wrote: »
    Yes he quoted me €25, great value! Didn't turn up though :( I'll try him again.

I booked him for 2pm today and rang just as a gentle reminder at 240pm, saying no rush with the snow etc, will wait in all afternoon, just do ring me if you're not turning up etc. Couldn't be fairer than that surely?

Its now 4pm and he has not rang and has not turned up. It gets dark very quickly very shortly so I doubt if he's coming now. And that f**kin aggravates me no end....

If I don't hear from him by dark, then I will cancel him then and get another guy for €40. I was going to give him €30 anyway, a Christmas fiver etc. Its not about punctuality, its about being professional. A quick call or a text is not rocket science. We're all busy....

Its a pity because I love recommending people who deserve it. On another day, he probably does. Not today. I recommended a young plumber yesterday and I he got himself a nice nixer.

I ended up getting someone else in the end. I'm afraid I had a similar experience to you - a simple phone call or text message goes a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Shauna_N

An Ri rua wrote: »
    I recommended a young plumber yesterday and I he got himself a nice nixer.

Hi, who did you get and can you recommend him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I could do with someone in port as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Shauna_N wrote: »
    Hi, who did you get and can you recommend him?
    I could do with someone in port as well.

hey, did either of ye get someone out in the end. Need to get it done really before the winter REALLY sets in.

budhabob wrote: »
    hey, did either of ye get someone out in the end. Need to get it done really before the winter REALLY sets in.

Anybody?

budhabob wrote: »
    Anybody?

Are we talking plumbers or chimney sweeps here? The thread was about chimney sweeps and I happened to mention that I got a young plumber a nixer as he was keen. Not to sweep chimneys though. I see the thread was resurrected in Sept 11. Are ye 3 seeking a chimney sweep or a plumber? Logic says its a plumber, based on correct reading of the posts.

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Are we talking plumbers or chimney sweeps here? The thread was about chimney sweeps and I happened to mention that I got a young plumber a nixer as he was keen. Not to sweep chimneys though. I see the thread was resurrected in Sept 11. Are ye 3 seeking a chimney sweep or a plumber? Logic says its a plumber, based on correct reading of the posts.

Oh crap, sorry for the confusion, I resurrected last night in a rush, and really should have been more specific. Personally, i am looking for a recommendation for a chimney sweep. i checked the golden pages and there is one in emo which is local. Just really looking for anyone you can recommend a service.

I'm happy with the guy who does my chimney, I'll send you the details.

No harm done :)

I didn't use Willie (see start of thread) but in-laws regularly do and he is very good by all accounts.

Happy Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Darwin wrote: »
    I'm happy with the guy who does my chimney, I'll send you the details.

Where are they based ?

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Hughie Costello is a chimney sweep etc around Portarlington. Sorry, don't know his number.

Where are they based ?

Mountrath. PM me if you need a number :)

Advertisement