Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help to choose the college!!!!!

Options
  • 22-11-2010 6:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

hi everyone. :D i need help, please!!!!! here's my story: i wanted to do BA in architecture but cant afford that. in fact i cant afford any full time studies at the moment. :( it's pity because i have diploma in interior design, it would've been the perfect match.
    that's why i decided to do part time BA (hons) in business (accounting/marketing) or marketing with event management. i know it's completely different from what i originally wanted, but you have to be realistic right? :rolleyes: besides there's no part time degree in neither architecture nor architectural technology plus i can afford part time studies: i have money saved so i can pay the fees and i'm working.
    the problem is college. :confused: i don't want to put all my money into something useless. i can't decide which college i should choose, i'm not irish so it's even harder for me to choose one. aaaaa it's frustrating :eek: hahaaaaa
    im choosing between National College of Ireland (NCI, HETAC accredited), Institute of Public Administration (IPA, NUI accredited) and Dublin Business School (DBS, HETAC, University of Wales accredited, Dublin Business School formed a partnership with Liverpool Business School, part of Liverpool John Moores University). i have read lots of negative feedbacks about the last mentioned. :/ i've heard that everyone can get there and that quality of lectures isn't very good. is that true? :confused: because everything what's on their web page sounds very nice to me.
    the accreditation wrecks my head too. what difference is between HETAC and NUI accreditation? which is better?
    thank all of you who will give me a bit of help. smile.gif
    Ah i have forgotten UCD Quinn school of business. they do Diploma in Business Studies / Bachelor of Business Studies (part-time). it's more home studies because there's only Six weekends of classes per academic year. i'm not such a fan of this one but it's UCD so i took into consideration. :cool:
    thanks once again. ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

John moores is actually a good college,I knew some people who went there and they have a super art and design faculty as well as many others.
    Should not rule it out

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

currently doing an online course through sligo it dont know if they offer anything your looking for but courses are quite well presented and it is a full degree course. mine only requires 4 hours of online class time per week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 mausram

currently doing an online course through sligo it dont know if they offer anything your looking for but courses are quite well presented and it is a full degree course. mine only requires 4 hours of online class time per week

cool, thanks. ill take a look. ;)

Advertisement