Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New German weather presenter on Radio 1....

Options
  • 22-11-2010 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

Just caught her first name Cara or Kara? I wondered if this was the first tangible condition of the bailout by our European brethren ? ;) She presented well though, but nothing spectacular for us weatherwise up to the weekend anyway....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Dr Klara Finkele :D

She's been around a while, lovely accent :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

That's her. I don't listen to the radio forecasts much these days....loved her pronunciation of Conn-acht ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

I think she's been in Met Éireann for many years. I've seen her name on some of their publications going back that far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

It is certainly not the first time she has presented either. I heard her a few month's ago giving an afternoon forecast on Radio One whilst in the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Dr Klara Finkele has a BSc and MSc in applied mathematics from Germany and the US and a PhD in Meteorology from Australia. Her PhD work was on the numerical simulations and measurements of sea breezes.

Klara subsequently held post-doc positions at CSIRO in Canberra working on land surface processes and their parameterisation, and in Belgium working on bio-geochemical models for use in Global Climate Models before taking up a European funded position at Met Éireann working on Frontal and Atlantic Storm Track Experiment (FASTEX).

Since 2002 Klara is the Agricultural and Environmental Meteorologist at Met Éireann responsible for research and development in that area.

Some info from a website on her

• Advertisement
Advertisement