Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resit Modules

Options
  • 22-11-2010 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Last semester I sat a module for the first time and got an E in it. It is my understanding that I resit it this semester, as opposed to repeat it. Can somebody tell me that when you resit a module, are you graded 100% by the exam in the end of term exam?
    I'm asking because I have noticed this module now appearing on my timetable in an evening class slot. My concern is that if I have not been attending this class, thus not doing the relevant continuous assessment work that is required for 30% of the module.
    It was my understanding that a failed module was to be 'resat', ie only do the final exam at the end of the semester and if you fail it again you repeat, where the difference between a resit and a repeat is that for a repeat you must do attend lectures again and do continuous assessment work.
    Thanks for any help!

Edit: Just an after-thought... I realise that the obvious question is, does this module have a resit option? and the answer is yes, I have just double checked.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

You only resit a module if it''s not offered in the next semester. If a module is offered in all semesters, you can only repeat it.

This information may be incorrect, but I'm pretty sure it's how things work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

I'm not sure either, but in either case you're still capped at 2.0 regardless of what overall grade you get so long as its a D- or above... so just ensure you get 40/70 in the final exam. Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

The way I understand it is that if it's offered only in 1 semester, that you obviously have to resit it. If it's offered in both semesters, you get the choice of whether you want to repeat the entire module, continuous assessment and all or just resit the exam.

Advertisement