Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scaletrix - Christmas gift

Options
  • 22-11-2010 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

I've stumbled into this forum via the search engine so if I'm in the wrong place apologies.

We are considering getting a Scaletrix set for my 6 year old son for Xmas. Has anyboady a recommendation for a good starter set?
    Is there still an issue with running Scaletrix on carpet? Fluff getting into engines and seizing?

I don't want to get something that can only be setup in certain rooms.

Thanks

Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Picked up a starter set in Hamleys in Dundrum for about a ton.
    I run it on carpet and it's just a case of taking off the fluff off when the car slides off the track.

r

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

I asked a similar question a few days ago but no reply.There is a warning notice in Smyths about running slot car systems on carpet ...I guess last poster explained why...They have a 'digital' set(lap timer?) for 99.99 from Carrera,seems a good buy (F1 style cars x3) ...They even have a 13 euro 'starter set' with Minis for 13 euro BUT youd spend the same in batteries straight off if you got a set of Duracells and a backup set ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

definately get this!! my folks bought me scalextric when i was a kid and i loved it. played it for years. i suggest you buy the forumla one set..bigger cars bigger track...wont break so easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Buddhapadge

I got a Scalextric when I was a kid... Amazing present.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭emul

Great thanks for all the feeback. Looking at either:

http://www.scalextric.com/shop/sets/scalextric-start/grand-prix-c1250/

or this:

http://www.scalextric.com/shop/sets/scalextric-start/world-rally-c1249/

For a six year old. Can anyone advise what the digital version is, other than really expensive?

Eoin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

As I said in above post Digital has lap timer...

Advertisement