Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Wireless adapter

Options
  • 22-11-2010 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭

I have a F5D7050 V3000 Belkin wireless G USB adapter and it stopped working on Sat.
    It is no longer detected as connected by my laptop. I have checkied the USB port and its working Ok. I reinstalled the driver from the CD that came with it and it's still not being detected as connected. I also tried downloading the new driver from their site but that made no difference either.
    I phoned their helpline and they talked me through getting to the device manager, but their next step was to click on network adapter, however this option is not on my device manager list. They say its my PC is the problem.
    Does anyone know how I would be able to fix this?

I'm running XP.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Any chance of trying it on another pc or laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

dub45 wrote: »
    Any chance of trying it on another pc or laptop?
    I did that last night. Vista Laptop, same issues. Install got as far as the insert USB and didn't recognise when I put it in. Tried both drivers annd every USB port on both laptops. So thats 10 different times its been tried and nothing.

I'll phone them again if I get a chance later.

Advertisement