Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tignes hotels & transfers

• 22-11-2010 11:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking to hit France on 8th Jan for a week. Would really like to go to Tignes or Val d'Isere.

Any recommendations on a reasonable hotel with Half-board in either. 3-star or so - nothing too lavish....

Also any recommendations on a transfer from geneva. There are 8 of us.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

I'm goint o les gets for the season soon, and everytime i look up buses from geneva, I get "altibus." No experience of them, but they look a decent enough price and a big enough operation. altibus

I've also come across morzexpress They're like a minibus thing. I'd imagine you could book one for your group if you wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

There are a lot of buses from outside Geneva airport which go to Tignes and Val and all the major resorts. I've been on them, they were fine, no fuss or messing.

I've stayed in the youth hostel in Tignes which is great if you like plenty of good food and a bit of craic. I've also stayed in L'Arbina which is only two star, but feels like a lot more. Very fancy food, and a sauna/jacuzzi set-up. Also very good position for lifts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

Thanks - will check them out.

I'm easy enough accommodation, it's just the group always do half board. I suppose most of the 2 star hotels would be grand anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭a148pro

altibus transfer from Lyon is €100 pp return, if you read the resort review section you'll see a write up I did of a recent visit to Tignes and a couple of the places I stayed, can't remember the names. there is a youth hostel and also a ridic cheap place called chalet chardons, if the snow conditions were good both would be great options - see the review for more.

enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭levi

we're goin to Tignes with www.thecoolbus.co.uk, less that €100 per person if you've 8 people. It's €102 each for us cuz we're 7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

If you're on a tight budget, you could try this place
    http://www.chaletchardons.com/

I stayed there a couple of years ago.

Pros:
    Very Cheap
    Half Board
    Has a bar in the basement
    Ski rental shop next door
    Short walk to lifts to main resort

Cons:
    Tight rooms with bunkbeds
    In Tignes Les Breviere - which is difficult to access after the lifts close (ski home by moonlight if you fancy going out in 2100)
    You have to ask transfer bus to make a detour for you - the bus company we went with had no problem with this.

As I said it's a good option for a tight budget, but if you can afford to stay in 2100, you might as well.

Advertisement