Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Read it and weep - with laughter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

In the office and trying so hard to not break up laughing :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Brilliant!! :D Especially the pics :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Oh they're so funny.

Thanks for posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

i really enjoyed that,,so funny..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

crying with laughter here, loved it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Very funny! The simple dog blog sounds like one of mine!ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

The prictures are brilliant! Very entertaining :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Absolutely in knots laughing here. Thanks for posting those,funniest thing ive read in ages.:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭DBCyc

Hilarious - that really cheered me up. Beats watching the Frontline :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

that was priceless - thanks for posting.

Although my hubby nearly killed me as I was laughing so much - and he was trying to watch television.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

That is just brilliant!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

Excellent really made me laugh :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Stella2010

Absolutely fantastic - It reminds me so much of myself and my dog.
    I question her ability to function on one brain cell :D
    First thing in years I have read that has made me cry with laughter !
    Thanks !!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

We suffered the moving trial this year. The worst part was that I had to move us while my husband was away so they thought we'd abandoned him. First of all he went away and didn't come back, which obviously upset them. Then strange people started coming into our house and taking away some of our things. (I was selling lots of our stuff.) Then I started putting everything else in boxes, occasionally crying because of the mammoth task.:o Which made them sure awful things were afoot.

Then my parents came, which was good as they love my dad. Then it wasn't so good as we all had a big stress argument and the poor dogs went in their crate and were bereft. Then they had to get in their travel crate in the van and be driven from all day out of London. Then we got out at a motorway rest stop and they thought we must be at the worlds most amazing park as otherwise why were we driving? Then they realised they couldn't get off their leads and even worse nearly had a fit when I left them with my parents while I went to the toilets.

Then it was a couple more hours in the van, followed by a ferry trip, followed by more van driving. They were sooooo freaked out when we got to the new house. They couldn't stop running about and kept jumping on me for reassurance. My parents are pretty old school about dogs and criticised them for being hyper which resulted in another argument. Apparently telling your parents that when they are under your roof they must accept your rules is completely unacceptable.:P:o (Tbf it sort of is when your parents have travelled to and from another country to help you move but my dogs are very well behaved and I was incredibly worn out.)

The next day once all the unpacking was done and it was just me and the dogs they had time to realise we were definitely in the wrong house with most of our things and no husband. They kept looking everywhere for him. They'd just stare and stare out the window willing him to appear. They could tell when I was on the phone to him and that would make them expect him to be on his way to us as he always calls when he is nearly home. So they'd be on alert for hours after a call thinking he must surely be on his way. And they'd keep looking at me wondering why I wasn't upset. Be bedtime each night they were gutted that he hadn't arrived.

When he did arrive they were incredibly excited but they also took his arrival as some sort of cue that we'd soon be going back to our old house. For weeks they'd mope around confused about where we were. My husband didn't believe that could possibly still be a problem for them as our new house has a much bigger garden and is right on a riverside so we could go right out the gate for an off-lead walk. One night three weeks later they were liying in their bed in a flump and he was upset they were sick and really didn't think it was just homesickness. I asked Dougal, the dog that was giving me stink-eye, if he wanted to go home and he leaped up, wagging his tail like crazy, grabbed my shoes, placed them on my lap and sat down next to me eagerly waiting for me to bring home back to his old familiar world. I felt like crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Oh, bless, iguana.

I've never had to move with my dogs, but anytime we've been packing to bring them on holidays they camp out at the front door as if to say 'there is no way that you're leaving us behind'. They spend so much time visiting my parents/on holiday that they're, luckily, not too worried about where they are as long as we're with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

I have just howled with laughter they are brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭sionnaic

oh god I just made a holy show of myself at my desk in work :D I literally snorted in public...

I haven't read anything that funny in a long time...the stories are funny enough but it was the illustrations that really pushed me over the edge!! :D

Excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

Absolutely brilliant! :D

Our dog is such an oddball, a lot of what I read there could be about him :) Thanks for posting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

"Our first dog is - to put it delicately - simple-minded. Our other dog is a neurotic German shepherd mix with agonizingly low self-esteem who has taken on the role of "helper dog" for our simple dog. Neither dog is well-equipped with coping mechanisms of any kind."

Hilarious ... all of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Having great craic reading other posts in the blog, the birthday cake one is another must read :D. She also has real life photos on her facebook page, great to see where it all comes from! Going off topic a bit now though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement