Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving In Oz (Sydney to Griffith)

Options
  • 22-11-2010 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

I'm actually thinking of taking a spin this weekend from Sydney to Griffith. Been over here a few months though haven't stepped in a car
    since I left home.

Actually a wee bit apprehensive about it, I think I have to drive straight through the city to get there. I've a full license and 12 years driving experience but driving through Sydney looks a bit daunting and also it will be a rented motor so I don't want to fark it up. :)

Does anyone drive around Sydney?. Anything I should be looking out for compared to home?. Also what is the speed limits on motorways over here?.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

Do you have a GPS? I'd get your hands on one. Even just borrow for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Feelgood wrote: »
    Hi lads,

I'm actually thinking of taking a spin this weekend from Sydney to Griffith. Been over here a few months though haven't stepped in a car
    since I left home.

Actually a wee bit apprehensive about it, I think I have to drive straight through the city to get there. I've a full license and 12 years driving experience but driving through Sydney looks a bit daunting and also it will be a rented motor so I don't want to fark it up. :)

Does anyone drive around Sydney?. Anything I should be looking out for compared to home?. Also what is the speed limits on motorways over here?.

Cheers.

The motorways are barrier free. Make sure you pay after you use them.
    110 is the max speed in NSW.

Driving in Sydney is far easier than Dublin.

Red lights have cameras. Dont run them.

There are fixed speed cameras everywhere. Dont speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Thanks lads

I'm gonna get a GPS with the motor, though I probably wont be able to
    get a signal where I'm going. Tis the middle of nowhere :D

Looks like its a good idea to stay within the limits then, I actually
    thought the max speed was 100ks. Delighted to hear its easier than
    Dublin though..wouldn't have thought that by the looks of things!.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Try to avoid the city insides. You should be able to pretty much go through (or under) via highways.

Sydney is a big one way system.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Feelgood wrote: »
    People overtake on the left and the right here with impunity. Other than that it's pretty aggressive in the city so just take things handy and use your mirrors.

• Advertisement
Advertisement